This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- How to Perform a Content Audit – Complete guide to auditing the content of a site, including a spreadsheet content audit template that puts data into perspective for better analysis.
- How Writing Regularly Changed My Life (and How You Can Get Started) – Itâ€™s not uncommon for people to have daily writing recommended to them. History has been written in journals and there are probably hundreds of more reasons why itâ€™s good for all of us.
- 9 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Video Podcasting – Check out what the brilliant bloggers (and podcasters) below have to say about video podcasting.
- 5 Useful Ways To Overcome Writerâ€™s Block – There are other factors which help you to draw up plans to stay victorious over writerâ€™s block, these are factors which keep the flame of your blogging passion ignited, and again these are outstanding ways to overcome writerâ€™s block!
- 100+ Content Strategy Insights – Find out what our experts have to say about content strategy tools, resources, design, documentation, the best starting points, and more key considerations.
Business / Career
- Psychology for Marketers: 9 Revealing Principles of Human Behavior – Brush up on these 9 psychology principles to help improve the effectiveness of your marketing.
- 10 Tips to Energize Boring Copy (And Increase Sales by 30%) – To maximize conversion, copy needs color, punch, impact, and stories. Here are the same 10 tips I used to energize boring copy and beat the control by 30%.
- 35 Business Phrases that You Wish Would Go Away – Business owners, experts, advisors and entrepreneurs to tell us what they think is the one phrase that should be permanently retired from our business vocabulary.
- 52 Unconventional Ideas & Stories for Moving from Idea to Impact – Great recap of World Domination Summit.
- Why Consulting Is A Job Everyone Needs To Experience – Itâ€™s where I got my start and although I hated the work, the skill sets I got from consulting are priceless.
Search Engines / SEO
- Link Building Survey 2013 – The Results [INFOGRAPHIC] – Since we are now over half way through 2013 we decided it was time to gain a better understanding of how this year is going for those in the industry. The purpose of the survey was to really capture the current market sentiment and better understand how industry peers are faring.
- How to do Keyword Research the Smart Way: Targeting Interest and Intent – These days, effective keyword research is an increasingly important skill for digital marketers.
- Scaling Your SEO Business in 2013 and Beyond – You shouldn’t consider your business a bad one if part of it relies on organic traffic but if *all* of it does then yes, you should be very concerned about the long term viability of your business model.
- 12 Tests to Increase Your Landing Page Conversion Rate, Starting Today – Learn the 12 easiest ways to improve your landing page conversion rate, including testing your headline, using directional cues, shortening your lead form and more.
- Top 10 Retargeting Tips Guide – Follow these ten tips to get the most out of your retargeting campaign.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Tips to Bring New Life to Your Social Profiles – Social profiles: Update your social profiles to take advantage of the latest platform designs for Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest.
- 6 Ways to Use Facebook Apps for Business – How to create stronger ties with customers and increase the lines of communication using custom tab apps.
- 5 Ways To Create a Social Media Savvy, Shareable Opt-in Offer – Leveraging the power of word of mouth marketing through social media is one of the best ways to grow your email list. The trick is to design an opt-in offer that is built to be shared on social media.
- Should You Care About Instagram Video? – Instagram video isn’t a Vine killer, and that’s the wrong way to look at it. Instead, it’s just more evidence that marketers need to communicate with brevity.
- 8 Ideas for Using Social Media Content in Emails – Email content is still king. Move beyond the social sharing button and make your email truly social: Try these 8 ideas for using social media content in emails.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
Your Opinions Wanted
I would like to make Kikolani your favorite place to go for blogging advice! In order t to do that, I need your help. If you haven’t already, please take a moment to fill out this survey. All questions are optional, so answer as many or as few as you would like.
Your opinions are greatly appreciated!