This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 7 Simple and Proven Tips to Increase Your Blog Subscribers – These simple hacks for your blog will help you increase your subscriber rate without hassle or fuss.
- 20 Quick Tips on Writing Great Blog Posts – A quick but useful read.
- Promote Your Blog: 10 Steps to Ultimate Blog Promotion [My Personal Cheat Sheet] – The web is flooded with blogs that manage to flourish while consistently publishing less than mediocre content. You know what their secret is? Stellar blog promotion.
- 40 Free Titles For Blogs & Other Content Marketing – To help you craft blog posts and content that lures your target prospects and the public in, here are 40 free titles to use this fall with additional suggestions to provide the inspiration you need to fill your editorial calendar for the next few months.
- 8 Dummy Proof Ways To Get Traffic To Your Blog – The point is for you to think differently, get creative when it comes to getting more traffic.
Business / Career
- A 3-Step Guide to Performing Prospect Research (Before You Pick Up the Phone) – Learn how to quickly research a prospect before the connect call, in just three steps that should take less than five minutes.
- 7 Simple Copywriting Tweaks That’ll Shoot Your Conversion Rate Up – The beautiful part about these tweaks is that you don’t have to be a professional writer or a wordsmith… these are simple changes that anyone can make.
- 6 Ways to Boost the Visibility of Your Email List – In this era where everybody under the sun is telling you to ditch the email newsletter in favor of social, how do you grow your email list?
- The Business-Boosting Power of Thank YouIn this new video, I reveal some eye-opening research about how powerful “thank you” really is.
- 75 Free Stock Photos to Use in Your Marketing [Free Download] – Get 75 free stock photos to use whenever and wherever in your marketing — no attribution needed.
Search Engines / SEO
- Announcing the 2013 Local Search Ranking Factors Results – Those of you who attended MozCon a couple weeks ago got a sneak preview of these results, but I’m guessing that few of you had a chance to fully digest them in the 14.2 seconds I spent on the slides in which I presented them. Let’s dive in!
- 23 Pay-Per-Click Lessons from Marketing Masterminds – We’ve gathered the best advice on pay-per-click marketing. Soak up the knowledge from these masterminds and you will be on your way to PPC greatness.
- 9 Traits of a Lazy Link Builder – So what are the types of ineffectual methods link builders are known to use? In an effort contrary to that exerted by those appearing on my link building list of shame, I’ve diligently compiled a list of traits to help you spot a lazy link builder.
- Things White Hats Can Learn From Black Hats – There’s a difference between ethics and restrictive labels, and if you aren’t learning anything from “black hats,” you’re probably missing some key insights, like these:
- 21 (Mostly) Free Web Usability Tools You Can’t Do Without – Do marketers need to care about web usability? Here’s why you should and 21 tools to help improve user experience on your website.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 6 Ways to Grow a LinkedIn Group: Tips From the Pros – Use these tips to grow your LinkedIn Group, keep members engaged and easily create the type of community you’re looking for.
- 6 Types of Facebook Posts That’ll Help You Generate Leads – Think there’s no ROI in Facebook? Think again. In this post, learn about 6 different ways you can generate leads from Facebook.
5 Pinterest Analytics Tools That Will Help You Improve Your Social Media Marketing Strategy – There are a wide variety of Pinterest analytics tools out there, each designed to cover a specific or multiple metrics. The key is to decide what metrics you need to be measuring and find the tool that best works for your brand.
- 50 Ways Social Media Can Destroy Your Business – Social media is also a great way to build up a business, but it can tear it down again just as quickly. Let’s go through some examples.
- Ideas to Maximize Use of Facebook’s Updated Cover Image Rules – Facebook moved quietly away with the 20% max text rule on Facebook Page Cover images as of July 1, 2013! This is an important change for marketers as it gives much greater opportunity to use the Timeline Cover image for targeted marketing.s
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
Midtown New York
Here’s a place I haven’t been, but would love to visit!