This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- How to Rock at Content Marketing: Tips from 36 Industry Stars – Find out how to rock at content marketing from a new eBook from TopRank Online and CMI. It offers tips from 36 expert Content Marketing World 2013 speakers.
- 11 Ways to Reuse Killer Blog Posts to Generate Traffic and Income – How can you maximize your effort from one blog post? In this article, discover 11 techniques you can use to generate more traffic and income from a single article.
- 3 Practical Steps to Make Your Content Go Viral – What makes content go viral? Real case studies from people who already did it (hint: it’s about compelling content PLUS these 3 things.
- The Minimalist’s Guide to Becoming a Better Writer – Read. Write. Critique. Here’s a cheat sheet to guide you in your journey to becoming a better writer.
- What to Write About When There is Nothing to Write About – Sometimes writers are blank when it comes to writing about their industry because they have written so much already and they can’t think of anything else to say.
Business / Career
- How the Top 100 Brands Use YouTube for Marketing – Pixability just did a report on the top 100 brands and how they use YouTube. These brands have a “YouTube Creator Playbook” mentality when it comes to publishing content, using the proper SEO, implementing strong social media practices, and more.
- How To Snag Perfect Domain Names For Your Websites – My goal with this post is to give you an idea of what it takes to not only snag up a good domain name but one that has lasting power; a domain name that people will immediately associate with what you have to offer.
- How to Prevent Your Business from Becoming an Embarrassing Failure – Failure is repeatable, just like success is. So let’s talk about why Lone Ranger tanked, and how your business can learn to avoid its terrible, terrible fate.
- 25 Helpful Sales Blogs You Don’t Want to Miss Out On – Check out some of the best sales bloggers on the internet!
- 30 Tips for a Profitable Email Marketing Strategy Here is what you need to know to ensure your email marketing strategy is profitable for the long-term success of your business.
Search Engines / SEO
- 54 Google Analytics Resources – The 2013 Edition – Google Analytics is a wonderful tool, but learning your way around it and fully benefiting from it can be a challenge. Here we’ve categorized over 50 resources.
- 10 Brilliant Bloggers Talk About Google In-Depth Articles – There are literally hundreds if not thousands of news stories about there about in-depth articles. My intention here was to post interesting views and how-tos on this topic, rather than just announcements of the new feature.
- Logo Optimization: A Local SEO Stealth Tactic – If your local business website’s logo is not optimized, it could represent a considerable lost opportunity and potential.
- How Google Continues to Kill Organic Results – As someone who has been involved in the search industry for over a decade, one of the things that really bothers me is how Google is slowly but inevitably taking all of the “above the fold” organic search result space and giving it to paid results, Google web properties, and to the Google Knowledge graph.
- Local Search: How to Rank on Google in 2013 [Survey] – It has some interesting data about what local search marketers are utilizing and discovering when it comes to local search results.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 Simple Yet Effective Social Media Tactics You Should Leverage Today – You can still get a lot out of the social web; you just have to be a bit more creative by leveraging new strategies that others aren’t using yet.
- A Marketer’s Guide to Retargeting Facebook Ads – This infographic examines Facebook Exchange, the retargeting ad platform that enables advertisers to execute real-time bidding on the social network.
- 16 Social Media Marketing Tips From the Pros – Social media marketing tips: Here’s what these social media experts recommend as the best marketing tactics worth doing today.
- The Shelf Life of Your Facebook Posts Is Shorter Than You Thought [Data] – A new study from Wisemetrics goes to show that the shelf life of your Facebook posts is shorter than you thought. Here’s what to do about it.
- Research Your Competitors’ Social Media Strategy (and Borrow Their Best Ideas) – Learn how you can develop an in-depth competitive analysis using Facebook & Twitter to generate ideas & inspiration.
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
One of the things I miss about living in Arizona besides my awesome friends and family is the monsoon season. Fortunately, this local photographer has created a short film about the experience, haboobs and all!