This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Blog Post Promotion is LIVE!
Before we dive into the best posts of the week, just wanted to remind you that Blog Post Promotion – the art of promoting a single piece of content for traffic, engagement, and social shares – is now LIVE!
Be sure to register now and start promoting your content effectively today!
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- How To Increase Your Typing Speed by 500% – Want to increase your typing speed by 100%… 300%… 500%… or even 1000% and beyond? Well, now you can, in a way that’s easier than you may think!
- 43 Creative Ways to Breathe Life Back Into Your Blog – Getting bored with your blog? Your readers are too. Check out these insanely creative ideas to revitalize your blog and get your blogging mojo back.
- 41 Tips that Put Over 10,000 People on My Email Subscriber List – Getting 10,000 email subscribers on your blog’s mailing list is a really big milestone. Here are 41 tips I learned along the way.
- Don’t Fall Into This Trap That Could Destroy Your Blog – The problem that brought Sally’s blog to a grinding halt started a few weeks after her blog began when Sally began to compare her fledgling blog with her hero’s blog.
- 4 Ways To Build Your Email List Today (Without Spending Time Learning New Tactics)
– Let me walk you through the 4 strategic ways to apply common list building tactics, no matter what kind of business or blog you run.
Business / Career
- A Completely Subjective Dos and Don’ts Guide to Freelancing – Tips to help you be successful in your freelance business.
- The 13 Biggest Failures from Famous Entrepreneurs and What They’ve Learned From Them – Without any further ado and in their own words, here are some of the biggest mistakes and lessons learned from 13 successful entrepreneurs.
- The 80/20 of Sales & Marketing: How to Work Less and Earn More – 80/20 may well be the secret to success. Here, Perry Marshall tells you what it is and how it can transform your business and life.
- How to Use Webinars to Convert Blog Readers Into Customers – Why webinars work and how to make them work for you.
- Finally! How to Start… Anything – Looking to start freelancing? Start a blog? Start reading? Start going to the gym? Start ANYTHING? This video will help.
Search Engines / SEO
- SEO in the Personalization Age – With recent posts mentioning the rise of contextual and implicit queries, we are now seeing a deep personalization of search. This takes many forms, and has very real implications for our work as marketers. It’s time to break down the silos and see the bigger picture.
- Mastering PPC: Five Reasons To Run PPC For Brand Keywords – Clients ask all the time, why should they bid on their own brand keywords when they rank highly in the organic results for their brand keywords? Isn’t this wasting money for traffic that would be had organically? Here are five reasons why brand PPC is NOT a waste.
- What Are Some Post-Google Penguin, Budget-Friendly Link Ideas – After Google’ Penguin 2.0 update, many websites have seen rankings drop for keywords that they used to be steady on for a long time. Where can and should people with a small content, link, and SEO budget in general be looking for links now?
- 9 Link Building Lessons We Learned As Kids – I can’t speak to whether or not those lessons actually stuck with you or helped you throughout your life. But I can tell you that these lessons can help with your link building… both right now and in the future.
- Which Is Better: Referral Or Organic Search Traffic – Referral and organic search traffic are the best two ways to get traffic to your blog. Which do you believe is the best and which do you prefer?
Social Media / Social Networking
- 17 Tactics for More Twitter Followers (And Two New Followerwonk Features to Help!) – Like it or not, you need to build a significant following on Twitter in order to take full advantage of the platform. These 17 tactics, including two brand-new Followerwonk features, will boost your efforts.
- How to use Your Facebook Page Cover Photo to Drive Extra Traffic – Are you using your Facebook Cover Photo for branding purposes only or are you taking advantage of it to drive extra traffic or generate more leads?
- 14 Social Media Tools Used by Marketing Pros – Social Media Tools: Discover the tools social media pros are using today and get more out of your social media marketing.
- Study Shows Facebook Hashtags Don’t Help and They Could Hurt – Edgerank conducted a study where they examined 35,000 posts over 500 Pages. About 6,000 of the posts had hashtags and here is the first result.
- Everything You Need to Know to Get Started With Pinterest for Business – Get the low-down on exactly what you need to know to rock Pinterest for your business.
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
Goats and a Yoga Ball
Need something new to do with a yoga ball? Try giving one to a goat.