This post is the second in the Benefits of Blogging series, where I will cover the many benefits of blogging, for bloggers and readers.
What could be better than gaining a worldwide audience with blogging? Taking that audience and creating a community.
Benefits of Building a Community
Have you ever wanted to find people to share a particular interest, but maybe friends and family are not that interested? By blogging, you can build a community that not only wants to hear your opinion about a topic, but wants to share theirs with you as well. A community interacts with you on the things you care about. The benefits of having community members is that they:
- Come back time and time again
- Add insightful comments to your articles
- Inspire you to write more
- Help you when you ask for advice
- Ask for your help or advice
- Share ideas that they think will help you
- Share your articles with others
- Recommend you to their community
Having a great blogging community also means that community members on your site will get to know each other, expanding their network and reach as well.
Now that you see some of the benefits of building a community, let’s look at some ways to do it!