This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Support This Kickstarter!
Thanks to everyone who has supported The Art of the Chase, my husband’s photography documentary on Kickstarter so far. We’re off to a good start, but we’ve got a long way to go. If you haven’t seen it already, please watch the following video, be inspired, and pledge your support!
For those of you who are new to Kickstarter, it is a site that allows entrepreneurs and artists to gather crowdfunding for their ideas. 4.3 million people have given given over $666 million in support for more than 43,000 projects. You can support a project by pledging an amount in exchange for rewards. Rewards for this film include fine art prints, photo books, photography workshops, and a chance to be in the film!
Choose your reward today and support the project!
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- Grab a Copy of The Guest Blogging Survival Guide for Free – Learn how to build authority, traffic, and fans through guest blogging in this free guide. Download The Guest Blogging Survival Guide today!
Blogging / Content
- How Nathan Barry Made $12,000 in eBook Income in 24 Hours – Letâ€™s take a look at the launch of Nathanâ€™s first e-book, â€œApp Design Handbookâ€, with which he made over $12,000 in the first 24 hours, and uncover what he did right.
- 7 Ways to Drive Traffic from Popular Blogs – Blogs are meant to be read. Going for web traffic where web traffic is (popular blogs in your niche) is the best way to get there. See how.
- 25 Reasons Why You Should Self-Publish – Itâ€™s challenging (to say the least), somewhat nerve-wracking, and not always what itâ€™s cracked up to be. But I still believe in the process, and so should you. Here are 25 reasons why.
- 101 Quick Actions You Can Take Today to Build the Writer Platform of Your Dreams – What does it really take to build a writer platform? Learn the most important aspect to building your writer platform, and 101 quick ways to get started.
- How to â€œLaunchâ€ a New Website with a Free Kindle Book – There is no right time to start marketing a brand new website. Instead, you can launch it once you have an offer. In this post, you will lean how a Kindle book can be the best tool for spreading the word about a new business.
Business / Career
- 5 Landing Page Strategies Your Competition Havenâ€™t Thought ofâ€¦ Yet – Sometimes, the typical landing page strategies just aren’t enough. What happens when you take a step outside the box?
- What Iâ€™ve Learned in the Last 5 Years of Site Building, Blogging, and Online Business – What Iâ€™d like to do, today, is to avoid about my achievements on the platform but to give you some of the insights Iâ€™ve learned along the way.
- Online Store Tutorials â€“ Free Guides On How To Start An Ecommerce Shop – Since my wife and I have already gone through it all, we created these guides to share our experiences and help those who want to start their own shop.
- 11 Business Philosophies to Live and Die By – Believe it or not, the best entrepreneurial lessons Iâ€™ve learned have been the simple ones. Ones that stare you in the face every day, but yet you miss to see them.
- Ultimate Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template Every Marketer Needs – Content marketing is at the core of every business regardless of your industry, niche, age of company. Download this template to help plan your content.
Search Engines / SEO
- Transcribe ALL The Things! Benefits, Strategies, and More – It’s an SEO’s duty to try to utilize and leverage as many opportunities as possible for clients and employers in order to drive relevant traffic to their websites. One technique that I sometimes feel is overlooked â€” or at least not given the attention it deserves â€” is transcription.
- 5 Free Deep Reputation Management Checking Tools – The list Iâ€™ve compiled below contains five tools to check your reputation in ways you might not have considered. Letâ€™s get started.
- Yahoo Launches Localworks, a Listing Management Tool for Small Business – The new product, which Yahoo is launching in connection with location software company Yext, is designed to help companies easily update their online listings across more than 40 online platforms designed to reach 150 million local searchers.
- The Marketerâ€™s Guide to Building a Holistic Brand Experience – In simplest term, experience creates brand perception. It is how your customers think and feel about your product/service.
- The Best Link Building For Local SEO â€” None! – Perhaps for local businesses, the best link building is absolutely none at all.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 7 Reasons Your Facebook Page is a Hot Mess – Facebook boasts the largest user base of any social network, so if your business doesnâ€™t have a solid Facebook presence, youâ€™re simply missing lead generation opportunities. Learn how to get your Facebook page back on track for success from Marketo’s social media manager, Jason Miller.
- A Scientific Guide to Writing Great Headlines on Twitter, Facebook and Your Blog – What does it take to write great headlines for your blog, Twitter, Facebook and more? We’ve dug into the science behind writing great headlines.
- 5 Tips for Facebook Page Admins from Mari Smithâ€™s Page – Want to succeed at Facebook marketing? Be like Mari! Mike Gingerich takes a close look at the five things you can learn from Mari Smith’s page.
- IFTTT: Your Recipe for a Simpler Marketing Task List – Confused about IFTTT? This list of resources will give you useful recipes to automate common marketing tasks and save time.
- 4 Characteristics of Viral Videos & Brands that Use Them – Companies are spending big bucks to ride the wave of viral video glory. Here are 4 characteristics key to a videoâ€™s success that some brands are really getting right.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!