This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Your Opinions Wanted
I would like to make Kikolani your favorite place to go for blogging advice! In order t to do that, I need your help. Please take a moment to fill out this survey. All questions are optional, so answer as many or as few as you would like.
Your opinions are greatly appreciated!
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- 12 Google Reader Alternatives to Consider – You still have until July 15th to download your Google Reader subscriptions and move them to an alternative RSS reader. Learn how to do it and which alternatives are best in this post.
Blogging / Content
- How to Find More Content Ideas than Youâ€™ll Ever be Able to Write – Stuck for content ideas? You don’t need to be if you’re willing to explore these three rich veins.
- How to Pitch Journalists: Pro Tips from a BuzzFeed Contributor – Advice for blogger outreach specialists, like myself, whose goal is to get the content theyâ€™re promoting covered by major media outlets.
- 33 Experts Share Their Secrets For Improving Reader Engagement – Please be warned, this post is huge and itâ€™s packed full of valuable information and exactly how experts in their field do it.s
- Curation for Inspiration: Tips for Marketers – Wondering how content curation fits into your marketing mix? Check out these tips and tools to help you curate wisely.
- How Much Bloggers Charge to Publish Sponsored Content – Most bloggers surveyed (60%) charge fees to work with brands or publish sponsored content. Fees range from $25 to $500 for most brand marketing activities, including reviews, giveaways, online events, posting sponsored content, and blogging on a brand’s behalf.
Business / Career
- The Part Branding and Exposure Has to Play with Business Growth – How does positioning, your story and the way you present yourself online help you grow your business and ultimately enable you to work less, earn more and live life?
- 20 Hours of Learning Any Skill with Josh Kaufman – Josh Kauffman is a posterchild for how to give yourself an education that kicks the crap out of the one you got in school.
- How to Boost Productivity while LOWERING Stress – The more open you are to creativity, the more easily work flows out. Working with your natural energy cycles makes you more productive.
- Why Most Business Partnerships Donâ€™t Work – Finding a business partner may seem hard, but finding your rhythm with your business partner is much harder.
- How to Use Email Autoresponders – In this post, weâ€™re going to look at why you should use autoresponders, examples of great ways to use them, and best practices.
Search Engines / SEO
- Embedded Video Schema Markup: A 7-Step Checklist for Great Results – Couple solid authorship with good semantic markup best practices and you will achieve solid rankings. Here’s a checklist of steps to follow to achieve success with your embedded videos using semantic video markup to your web pages.
- 50 Reasons Your Website Deserves to Be Penalized By Google – Sometimes a penalty is well deserved, but even if you know youâ€™re in the wrong, you probably want to do something about it.
- Top 10 Domain Name Suggestion Tools: Create a Catchy Domain Name with Ease – What makes a great domain name great? How do you find a catchy domain name thatâ€™s available? Top 10 Domain Name Suggestion Tools to the rescue.
- Unnatural Links â€“ The NO.BS Guide – It is a guide that I called the â€œTHE NO.BS GUIDEâ€ and covers the most important aspects surrounding the Google Penguin penalties and Unnatural Link Warnings.
- Creating Great Experience for SEO – Improving a websiteâ€™s usage data is very essential in SEO nowadays, as these signals highly reflect the quality of the site and the level of experience it can provide to its users.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 9 Key Elements Missing From Your Social Strategy – We asked nine successful entrepreneurs to share the most critical elements they see others neglect to include in their plans — and how to fix them.
- The Conversation Prism – The Conversation Prism is a visual map of the social media landscape. Itâ€™s an ongoing study in digital ethnography that tracks dominant and promising social networks and organizes them by how theyâ€™re used in everyday life. – See more at: http://www.conversationprism.com/#sthash.00UHcqVD.dpuf
- Donâ€™t Blame the Tool, Blame the Carpenter – When you start an ad campaign, Facebook guarantees only one thing: Circulation. The rest is dependent on whether you do these seven things…
- – Learn how you can effectively advertise on LinkedIn to reach your ideal B2B customers with The Getting Started Guide to LinkedIn Advertising.
- How to Choose the Right Type of Facebook Contest – How to decide which type of contest will work best for your goals, maximize fan engagement and increase your brand awareness.
Happy (Belated) 4th of July
Ok, it was yesterday, but this was too cute not to share!