This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
- 45 Ways To Make Money With LinkedIn – This post goes beyond profile optimization and traffic. Learn how to earn income on LinkedIn through selling products, books, services, affiliate products, and more.
Blogging / Content
- How I Built A Top 100 Blog In 12 Months & How You Can Do It Too! – Learn the secrets of how I built a top 100 blog in just 1 year step by step over my shoulder & how you can do it too! Get a rare peek behind the scenes!
- 34 Strategic Ways You Can Use Pinterest to Market Your Book and Your Author Brand – Learn how to use Pinterest to increase awareness of your author brand, drive more relevant traffic to your website and increase your book sales.
- 21 Ways to Scale Content Promotion for Maximum Exposure – Using brute force to achieve maximum exposure isn’t particularly efficient or effective. So achieving critical mass with content promotion means scaling your efforts, which involves leveraging these tactics, channels, and/or topics.
- How to Write a Great Blog Post • Confession of a Bad Writer – Traffic Generation Cafe’s guide to writing great blog posts: inspiration, mechanics, and putting it all together. “How to write a great blog post” kind of guide.
- Stolen Content: Is it Scraped, Plagiarism, or Copyright Infringement? I reached out to Richard Stim (an attorney and author who specializes in copyright, patents, and trademark issues) to ask about the grey areas in plagiarism.
Business / Career
- How to Survive the Business Side of Freelance Blogging – You need to fill the knowledge gaps in your business now, because every month they go unfilled is another month you go without the money you deserve.
- 7 Quick ‘N Easy Split Tests That Can Increase Conversions 10% Or More – Increase conversions by 10% or more by implementing one of these 7 tactics, all proven to work in real marketing situations.
- The Go-to Guide to Creating Email Newsletters People Actually Read – Learn how to send a successful email newsletter in just 10 steps.
- 5 Selling Techniques to Steal from Infomercials (Without Trashing Your Reputation) – Today, let’s talk about how you can do better — how you can use the copywriting techniques that are effective, without turning into a lame informercial version of yourself.
- 50 Free or Low-Cost Apps for Small Businesses – Here are 50 low-cost tools and applications to check out today.
Search Engines / SEO
- 50+ More Things Every Link Builder Should Know – Over the past year, link building has definitely gotten a lot tougher — it’s been renamed several times, become more vilified than ever, and generally taken a beating. However, it still holds up as a viable way to market a website online.
- 10 Ways To Markup Your Website For Enhanced Google Listings – Chris Ainsworth of High Position discusses 10 of the best methods of markup your website for enhanced Google listings. maximising SERP exposure!
- Local Citation Building Best-Practices – This post will help you build citations the right way the first time, and help you get the most local-rankings oomph out of your citations.
- White Hat SEO Case Study: 348% More Organic Traffic in 7 Days – Confused about white hat SEO? Here’s a step-by-step case study that will teach you how to execute a successful campaign.
- 14 Tools to Help Automate the Link Building Process – The following are the top tools that will help you generate link building queries, guest post queries, content ideas, and more!
Social Media / Social Networking
- 12 Ways to Get More Pinterest Followers – Discover 12 Pinterest tips to get more Pinterest followers, increase engagement and lead to a greater return on investment.
- How are the Top 50 Retail Brands performing on Facebook? Expion looked at the Interbrand Best 50 Retail Brands list with their social engagement marketing insights software to come up with their F.A.V.E 50 List, and found a number of key social trends in the industry as well as ranking the top brands by their own engagement system.
- 10 Surprising New Twitter Stats to Help You Reach More Followers – These new Twitter stats can help you reach your followers with better wording, better timing and more engaging content.
- How to Make Visual Content for Social Media in 5 Minutes [Free Template] – Ramp up your visual content on social media in 5 minutes with these 17 customizable templates.
- 12 Ways to Visually Inspire Fans with Facebook Cover Images – How you use Facebook and what information you share via images can determine your success and engagement.
Sorry it’s been quiet here lately. I’ve been hard at work putting the finishing touches on my first premium course that I can’t wait to share with you in the very, very near future! Stay tuned!
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
29 Ways to Stay Creative
It’s been a couple of years since I posted it, so I thought my long-time readers would enjoy the reminder and my new readers would enjoy it for the first time!