This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- 8 Days to Promotable Content – Join the hundreds of content creators who have signed up for my free mini-training leading into the launch of my first premium training product next week!
Blogging / Content
- How to Create a Content Strategy (In Only 652 Steps) – Content strategies are complicated, and hard to make. But they’re powerful tools that marketers have used for decades. Learn how to create one with this detailed walkthrough by Ian Lurie.
- Top 60+ Content Marketing Education Resources – The following educational resources — from blogs and videos to training, events and more — can help any marketer learn the significance of content marketing and how it can be applied successfully in any business’ online marketing strategy.
- 5 Custom Google Analytics Dashboards in 5 Minutes [Free Downloads] – 5 Custom Google Analytics Dashboards in 5 Minutes [Free Downloads]
- Has Google’s Author Rank Arrived – In this article I am going to provide a short review of the recent events related to Authorship and Google’s In-Depth Articles feature, and then provide my analysis as to what this means for Author Rank and the birth of “In-Depth Article SEO.”
- 10 Ways to Defeat Obscurity: Tips for Authors Who Want to Get Noticed (Infographic) – An infographic with tips for authors who want to break through the noise and rise above obscurity.
Business / Career
- 101 Tasks You Can Outsource to Virtual Staff to Grow Your Business – Outsourcing expert and serial entrepreneur, Chris Ducker, lays down 101 tasks you can outsource to virtual staff to start growing your business!
- How Saving On Design Could Cost You More In The Long Term – Now, by no means am I here to tell you what designer you should hire and what to pay him or her. But what you should be asking yourself is, What is a good designer worth to me? Although I can’t answer that question for you, let me break down what a good designer is worth to me.
- How to Prevent New Clients From Haggling Your Rates – Tired of people trying to haggle your rates? Watch this video to see what you should do (and how to prevent it). I share 3 tips – and it’s free.
- The Entrepreneur’s Complete Guide to Freemium – While the concept of a Freemium product may not be the right model for every business, when used wisely, it can be an extremely powerful marketing tool.
- The 2013 Guide to Small Business Lead Generation – According to Sales Staff, 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. This doesn’t have to be the case for your small business as long as you follow a few key strategies to bolster the success of your lead generation efforts for the long-term.
Search Engines / SEO
- Going Beyond Standard Reporting with Google Analytics Filters, Segments, Reports, and Dashboards – In this post, we’re going to look at how to use features beyond the standard reports, including filters, advanced segments, custom reports, and dashboards (and provide some time-saving downloadable samples).
- 12 Free Keyword Tools To Replace Google’s Keyword Tool – If you want access to Google sanctioned keyword data you have to sign up for an Adwords account. Luckily we exist in a vibrant industry where innovation is at the core of most of what we do. As such we have a slew of different tools available to replace Google’s tool.
- 500+ Free Tools for Web Designers, Web Developers and SEO Professionals – We have compiled a comprehensive list of the best completely free tools for the web industry. We have categorised these free tools into their primary role web design, web development, mobile and SEO.
- How to Find ALL THE LINKS to That Cool Thing You Made – The following are a few actionable tips that should allow you to find, you guessed it, ALL THE LINKS to that classy new landing page you’re tracking.
- 58 Resources to Help You Learn and Master SEO – n this post, I’ll give you resources you can use to learn about SEO and stay on top of SEO, including some free tools that’ll be useful for fixing any issues. Enjoy!
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Ways to Use Video to Improve Your Social Media Marketing – Social media gives more video options: Here are the new ways you can use videos within your social media marketing strategy.
- Facebook News Feed Algorithm Change: No More Memes or Asking for Likes – Facebook has announced that they are tweaking the News Feed algorithm to reward quality content. What does this mean for you and your Page? I explore.
- The Art of Writing Great Google+ Posts – Let’s get down to the quick and dirty of teaching you how to create Google+ posts that get attention, get shared, and get comments …
- How to Use the New Facebook Insights – Discover how the new Facebook Insights can help you easier measure your Facebook marketing and user engagement to make better strategic marketing decisions.
- A Scientific Guide to Posting Tweets, Facebook Posts, Emails and Blog Posts at the Best Time – When is the best time to tweet, best time to post to Facebook or the best time to send emails or best time to publish blogposts? We found out today:
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and look for the Share Your Best Post thread for this week for other members to visit!
Night Sky Timelapse
A lovely night time timelapse by my hubby!