This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Added Bonus for Blog Post Promotion Students!
Have you signed up to learn about the art of promoting a single piece of content for an increase in traffic, engagement, and social shares?
Be sure to register now and take advantage of the newly added bonus: an expert blog audit valued at $750! Your blog audit will include a comparison of your blog to 3 of the top blogs in your niche along with suggestions on how to improve it to achieve your goals!
The Resources Mashup
- 32 Experts Share Their Best Blog Post Promotion Tips – 32 of the top blogging, content marketing, and online marketing experts to answer the question: What’s your most successful method of promoting a blog post?
- The Beginner’s Guide to Shopify – Ready to start selling products or services online? Learn more about how to use Shopify, one of the most popular ecommerce platforms.
- How Google Analytics Dashboards Can Make Your Life Easier – In this post, we are going to dive a bit deeper into using Google Analytics dashboards with even more free samples to import into your account, tips on creating dashboards, and even an alternative tool to use.
Blogging / Content
- 13 Tips to Find Valuable Content Inspiration For Blogging – Do you have trouble creating rich, valuable blog content? Here are 13 places to seek blog content ideas to avoid running on empty when you create content.
- A Quarterly Editorial Calendar Template (And How To Use It) – A guide to the editorial calendar template I use to plan blog content on a quarterly basis (and how to use it).
- How to Be Smart in a World of Dumb Bloggers – Here’s the painfully honest truth about what it takes to be a popular blogger. It’s brutal. It’s ugly. It’s unexpected. And you’re not going to like it.
- Stuck for Ideas? 20 Quotes Telling You What To Write About – Here are some ideas disguised as quotes to banish blank page blues and get you started.
- How to Use Mind Maps to Unleash Your Brain’s Creativity and Potential – Beyond just note-taking, though, mind maps can help you become more creative, remember more, and solve problems more effectively. Whether you’re new to mind maps or just want a refresher, here’s all you need to know about this technique.
Business / Career
- 32 Simple Rules Successful Entrepreneurs Live By – Daring truth bombs about entrepreneurship – brace yourself!
- Why Email Marketing is the Key to Ecommerce Success – If your ecommerce business hasn’t taken the time to adopt email marketing, then you’re leaving money on the table.
- 9 Ways to Make Your Expensive Product Look like a Total Steal – Use a handful of the following price-positioning and anchoring strategies on your site, and win a few more conversions from your most budget-conscious visitors.
- 60 Plus Tools for Today’s Innovator – A list of over 60 innovation tools to help small business owners brainstorm, create new products, get rid of the innovation cramp and get the ideas flowing.
- From 0 to 1,000,000 users: The Journey and statistics of Buffer – With all of you on board, we’ve hit the milestone we didn’t even dream about when starting Buffer: 1,000,000 people have signed up for Buffer as of today.
Search Engines / SEO
- Study: Google Reviews Determine Local Carousel Rankings – Now Digital Marketing Works (DMW) has conducted an extensive study of what might be called “Carousel results” and come to the conclusion that the quality and quantity of Google reviews are the single most important variable determining inclusion and ranking.
- The Sad State of My Search Traffic After Disavowing 35,000 Links – On April 3, 2013 I disavowed every link to this website I could find through Google Webmaster Tools. It was an experiment, documented on Moz, to better understand how Google’s Disavow Tool worked.
- 5 Things I Love about Google Panda and Penguin – But more than just the SERPs improving, here’s what I love about Google Panda and Penguin.
- From Zero to a Million: 20 Lessons for Starting an Internet Marketing Agency – This is not a post about how awesome I am, or how there is only one way to build an internet marketing agency. It’s a combination of stories and thoughts about what I have gone through building Nifty Marketing.
- Is Google Putting Less Emphasis on Links as Part of Their Algorithm – Does it seem like Google is putting less emphasis on links as part of their algorithm? While some types of links are in fact being devalued and counting less and less, these were often links that never should have been counting in the first place.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 6 Ways to Use Embedded Tweets to Help Your Business – 6 ways to use embedded tweets to enhance your content, drive engagement and establish social proof.
- The 7 Biggest, Counterintuitive Social Media Mistakes You May be Making – These 7 social media mistakes are easy to make, but some counterintuitive advice could help you avoid them all.
- Increasing Facebook Likes: You’re Building a Number, Not a Business – Before you start setting goals for your Facebook Page, you must first take a step that most brands — obsessed with the wrong numbers — will miss.
- 45 Social Media Tools and Tips to Improve Your Marketing – Here are the useful social media tools and technology tips you need to manage and improve your online marketing presence.
- Twitter Analytics: 3 Tools that Track and Measure Your Success – Use these 3 Twitter tools to quickly measure, track and monitor your success. Twitter Analytics, Followerwonk and commun.it are the best tools to monitor engagement.
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!