This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Blog Post Promotion is LIVE!
Have you signed up to learn about the art of promoting a single piece of content for an increase in traffic, engagement, and social shares?
Be sure to register now so you can learn how to grow your network and start promoting your content effectively today!
The Resources Mashup
My Latest Posts
In case you’re curious why I don’t write as many posts here, it’s because I’ve been busy elsewhere.
- 24 Ways to Make Money with Pinterest – 24 ways you can monetize your Pinterest account by using it to grow your mailing list, sell products, offer services, increase book sales, and promote affiliate products.
- An Introduction to Paid Search Marketing for Small Businesses – If you’re looking to boost your traffic, or you’ve lost your search engine rankings in one of the latest Google algorithm updates, then paid search marketing could be a good option for your business.
- Find Which Social Media Links Perform Best in Google Analytics with UTM Parameters – In this post, we’re going to discuss how and where to use UTM parameters to measure what’s really effective in your social media marketing strategy.
- Conversion-Optimized Landing Pages: From Inspiration to Analytics – In this guide, we’re going to look at how you can craft the best landing page and use it to track the success of your online marketing strategies.
- How to Make Twitter Management More Effective with Commun.it – Want to make get past the noise of Twitter to sure you don’t miss interactions with the most valuable members of your community? Then give Commun.it a try!
Blogging / Content
- The Marketer’s Guide to Getting Started With Content Personalization – Learn how to integrate personalization into every part of your marketing.
- 10 Entry-Level Writing Gigs That Give You Great Clips – There’s an easy way to build your portfolio up from nothing to the level where you can get the juicy gigs. It’s to start with entry-level assignments.
- How to Leverage the Power of the Kindle Ecosystem to Build Your Business – Here’s how you can take advantage of the valuable connection you’ve built with your book readers.
- Using Online Forums to Market Blogs, eBooks, and More – In this episode of the Digital Publishing Podcast (which you can find a full transcript of below), I talk about the best ways to market your online endeavors on forums (without being a spammy scuzzball).
- 5 Steps to Finding (the Right) Guest-Blogging Opportunities So let’s say you want to use guest blogging as a tactic for your business development and community building efforts. How would you find those opportunities?
Business / Career
- The Complete Guide to Making Money in Your Spare Time – Thankfully, you can do a lot of that work in your spare time. Here are some of the best ways to make some extra money, ranging from the super-lazy to the intensely-engaged.
- What should you do when your friends and family don’t support you? – What did I do? How did I deal with people who, at the time, were seemingly trying to “keep me down?”
- 6 Landing Page Explainer Videos That Are Better Than Yours – A collection of some of the best landing page explainer videos out there. Find out what makes each one successful and how you can do the same.
- Stop Being Rude: 22 Data-Backed Reasons to Personalize Your Marketing – Check out these 22 stats that make the case for more personalization in your marketing.
- 10 Surprising Facts About How Our Brains Work – Recently I came across more of these fascinating experiments and ideas that helped a ton to adjust my workflow towards how our brains actually work (instead of what I thought!).
Search Engines / SEO
- The 2013 Local Search Ecosystems (and a GetListed Upgrade) – 2013 hasn’t seen quite the turmoil of 2012, in which Google+ Local, Apple Maps, and Facebook Nearby were all released within seven months of each other.
- What Does it Take to Get a Link From the BBC? – Chasing links from media sites is frustrating. It’s hard to get a handle on the linking policy of individual media sites. The detailed linking policies published by the BBC give insight into how quality media sites might think about external links.
- How You Can Use Remarketing to Close a Business Deal – The way it works is when someone visits Quick Sprout, they get cookied with an ad code, and whenever they browse the web, they’ll see ads related to any of my offers.
- 25 Mistakes Link Builders Make – Building links is an important aspect of SEO. I’ve compiled a list of 25 link building mistakes from SEO experts and my personal experience in the industry.
- Little-Known Google Marketing Resources You Should Consider Using – Are you aware of all the marketing power tools Google can provide for your online business? Here are some you should consider adding to your marketing toolbox.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 11 Twitter Apps You’ll Use Every Day – Twitter apps help to correct some of those flaws, giving you more control over the Twitter ecosystem. From scheduling tweets to viewing which one of those jerks unfollowed you, these apps will turn you into a tweeting machine.
- 5 Tips For Leveraging Social Media To Become An Event Influencer – Here are some tips for making the most of your event experience, and creating awareness around your brand while setting the stage for becoming a credible and influential thought leader in your industry.
- 6 Ways to Maximize Your Google+ Engagement – Learn from these examples of Google+ posts with strong engagement and follow these best practices in your Google+ marketing.
- How to Increase Your Brand’s Social Media Engagement – The starting point for a social media revamp is reviewing your past efforts to see where you were crushing it and where you were being crushed.
- 3 Deadly LinkedIn Profile Mistakes to Avoid – You are probably committing 3 deadly LinkedIn profile mistakes that turn you into a leper on LinkedIn and you don’t know it. Here is how to avoid them.
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!