It’s that time of year… when most people are in the midst of goal setting for the new year to make sure that it is better than the last. Here are some of my goals in blogging and social media for 2010. Although I’m off to a slow start, I feel I have plenty of time to make these goals happen!
This year, two of the most important things I want to focus on in the blogging arena is content and community. Therefore, my goals in blogging are as follows.
- Create a schedule using Google Calendar for weekly posting on all blogs, including:
- 1 – 2 guest posts per month on a variety of sites
- Figure out better ways to organize content for Fetching Friday for faster publishing
- Create a new social media promotion plan for new posts
- Regular blog commenting
- Create unity between all blogs by encompassing all of my sites in the Kikolani network
- Create a mailing list for above network
- Give more link love in posts to other bloggers
Social Media & Networking Goals
I believe that social media goes hand in hand with blogging, especially since it is another primary focus of Kikolani and also my freelance services. Here are some things I plan on working on in the social media and networking world.
StumbleUpon is definitely my top social network bringing in traffic. Posts that I share on StumbleUpon to my subscribers get many more comments and tweets than posts that I don’t. Hence I want to work on the following to boost my StumbleUpon rep.
- Make sure to not just thumb up, but also add reviews for more of the pages I like
- Expand my stumble friends / subscribers circle
Twitter is one of my second top traffic drivers, so I plan on doing the following to further grow my Twitter influence.
- Retweet more tweets from others, and add the RT @blogauthor when I share articles using the Bit.ly toolbar
- Check direct messages regularly
- Utilize Twitter Lists more effectively
- Get more active on Twitter accounts for my other sites, including Artistic Gemini, Fragile Poetry, and Dofollow
Facebook is third in social networks that drive traffic to my sites, and thus I want to put a little more into it this year but in different ways. One specific goal for Facebook is better updating of my fan pages, especially for Kikolani.
This is a great social bookmarking community for bloggers that is growing everyday, especially with the added bonus of revenue sharing among members. My main plan for this network is to be more active by voting, submitting new posts, and commenting on posts as well. This plan will ultimately extend to sites like Sphinn and Propeller as well.
There are a lot of great Ning networks out there that are specific for certain niches, and I want to see what kind of results I get from becoming more active in these particular networks.
Forums are not only great places to build links to your site, but also to get more exposure to your sites. I plan on becoming more active on blogging, marketing, and web development forums.
What are your blogging and social media goals for 2010?