This week, I had the privilege of taking a new Twitter tool for a spin. Nestivity (currently in beta) takes your Twitter engagement to a whole new level by encouraging people to engage in conversations and making those conversations easy to follow by placing them in a threaded discussion form.
Benefits for Bloggers
While the tool was developed with brands and businesses in mind, there are lots of benefits for bloggers as well.
1. Engage more with your followers. We all know that frequent engagement with your followers strengthens your relationship with them. Use this tool to really start talking to your Twitter community vs. broadcasting at them.
2. Connect with influencers. Anyone with a significant amount of followers is hard to chat with on Twitter because your tweet is getting lost in a sea of mentions and retweets. Nestivity lets you have discussions with popular Twitter users in an uncluttered environment where they are more likely to notice you.
3. Promote your blog posts with discussions on Twitter. Invite people to come and talk about your latest blog posts on Twitter. This should lead to more retweets of your content.
4. Build your Twitter following. As followers of those who are participating in your discussion start chiming in, you’ll have the chance to meet new people and grow your Twitter following.
5. Increase your Klout. Not that anyone cares about Klout scores (wink wink), but participating in regular discussions on Twitter will help boost your Klout rankings due to the increase in mentions of your @username in discussions.