If you’re just thinking about your shopping plan and budget for this year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday, then you’re going to miss out on the best time to increase your online earnings. For affiliate marketers and product creators, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are golden opportunities. Here are my ten tips for making money online with Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Tips for Affiliate Marketers
Are you an affiliate marketer? Here are some tips to help you increase your affiliate profits this month.
1. It’s never too early to start the search for Black Friday sales and Cyber Monday deals to promote.
Black Friday fever has already begun with major retailers sharing (or “leaking”) their ads early. Stores are opening even earlier on Thanksgiving night. But they are not the only ones getting the party started early.
StudioPress (my most highly recommended premium WordPress theme collection) decided to do a Black Monday to Monday sale which began on the November 11th and ends on November 18th at 5pm PST. Their deals include:
- Buy the StudioPress Pro Package for $399.95, get a one year subscription to Authority free ($349 value).
- Not interested in Authority? Buy the StudioPress Pro Package for $299.95 without it and save $100.
- Get Premise for WordPress – the landing page, membership site, and conversion optimization plugin – for $95 and save $70.
This might jump start other product creators to get their offers out early so that people will still have money to spend on their deals! So keep an eye out by doing the following…
2. Pay attention to your affiliate emails.
If you’re like me, you have hundreds of email subscriptions, most of which get ignored. If that’s the case, then now is the time to turn off your filters so that you will be the first(ish) to know about great Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals from your favorite products. To see if you missed some already, use your email’s search box to look for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
3. Set up Google Alerts for products you are an affiliate for with Black Friday / Cyber Monday.
While you shouldn’t just rely on Google Alerts to get notified about your favorite product’s sales, it doesn’t hurt to set some up so you don’t miss out on them. It’s as simple as setting up search queries for product and company names plus Black Friday / Cyber Monday such as Hostgator Black Friday and Hostgator Cyber Monday.
4. Get a post ready to launch as soon as possible.
Start your Black Friday / Cyber Monday post now and add in deals as soon as you find out about them. The earlier you publish, the more likely people will be buying from your affiliate link as opposed to someone else’s. I decided to start list of great deals on a page since StudioPress launched their sale early. You can see it here and bookmark it to keep up with the latest news on sales you might be interested in.
5. Promote the ish out of your Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals page.
Last, but not least, once you publish your post, be sure to promote it. This is the time to do things like emailing your list, heavy social sharing, social advertising (Facebook Promoted Posts in particular), and anything else you would normally do for your ultimate blog post promotion strategy.