Are you ready to start teaching online courses, but not ready to setup a membership site on your own website or share 50% of your profits to another company? If so, then Kunerango is the platform for you. Kunerango – the Shopify of online courses – allows you to create your own online school for free with no contracts, and only charges you 10% when you make a sale on your course. No hidden fees, credit card required, or startup / hosting costs. Best of all, setting up your own online school is as simple as following these steps.
Step 1: Sign up for Kunerango
While you can change your school’s name (mine is Kikolani in this example), you will have to contact Kunerango to change the URL that is formed from the school name you choose, so keep that in mind.
Step 2: Create an admin user
Step 3: Follow the wizard
Once your admin user is created, you will get a quick tour of the platform. First, it will show you where you can edit your logo and color scheme.
Next, it will show you your course listing.
And finally, it will show you where you can manage your school’s settings.
In the school’s settings, you will find the following.
- Dashboard – This is where you can see a quick summary of the number of teachers (course creators) in your school, the number of courses you have published, and the number of students taking your courses. You also get quick links to manage your school’s preferences, modify your school’s look and feel, manage courses, and manage teachers.
- Courses – This is where you will manage and add new courses to your school.
- Sales – This is where you will find your sales analytics and earnings reports.
- Billing – This is where you will enter your Paypal information for course payments and deduction of Kunerango’s 10% per course sale fee.
- Teachers – This is where you will manage the teachers (course creators) within your school.
- Learners – This is where you can see information about students signed up for your courses.
- Themes – This is where you can edit your school’s look and feel, including theme colors, logo, and browser icon.
- Preferences – This is where you can change your school’s name, edit your preferred currency, open / close your school to the public, and contact Kunerango if you want to change your school’s domain name.
Be sure to set up the billing section before continuing, as it will ask you to do so when you start creating paid courses.
Step 4: Start creating your courses
Last, but not least, you will want to start creating courses. Creating courses is as simple as entering basic details for your course.
Choosing whether your course will be free or paid.
And adding a cover photo and promo video for your course.
After the basics are entered, you will start adding your course materials. You can organize your course into different levels, each containing lectures with video, documents, or text-based content.
You can also create quizzes for each lecture consisting of questions with multiple choice answers. These can be great to reinforce the content you have just taught within the lecture.
Once you’re finished creating your first course, you will want to go back to your school’s preferences in the settings area to open your school. This will allow you to start selling your course.
The Key to Success
So what will determine the success of your school on Kunerango? Promotion of course. You will want to promote your courses every chance you get – consider using organic and promoted posts on social media, an announcement to your mailing list, email signatures, a badge on your blog, a blog post, and any other avenue you can think of to get the word out. The more people that know about your course, the more people that can become your students!
Advantages of Using Kunerango
Aside from not having to create and manage a membership site on your own, there are several other advantages to using the Kunerango platform. These include the following.
- Setting up your school and courses is easy – you create the course content, fill out a few basic pieces of information, and you’re ready to go.
- You only pay Kunerango when you make a sale, and even then, it’s only 10% of your course price.
- You are not competing with other similar courses in a large marketplace.
- You are not subjected to selling your course for less because the marketplace is having a sale.
To Learn More
Want to learn more about Kunerango? Here’s a short introductory video to their platform.
You can also check out their review on Techcrunch.
If you’re ready to give them a try, sign up for a free account (no credit card required) at Kunerango.com.