This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Top Five on Friday
By popular request, for those of you who would like just the top five posts delivered to your inbox on Fridays, sign up using the form below. You’ll just get one email a week on Fridays with one post about blogging, business, SEO, and social media.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 16 Top Tips from Blogging Experts for Beginners – These 16 bloggers shared one important tip each for blogging beginners. No doubt, even if you’re not a beginner these tips will probably prove to be useful.
- How to Use the Power of Habit to Become a More Prolific Writer – The key to unlocking your most prolific self lies in turning writing from a task on your to do list into a habit that is as second nature as brushing your teeth. In other words it has to become a part of who you are instead of something that you do.
- Fight Club’s 8 Rules for Writing that Creates a Ruckus – Want to be the kind of writer who’s crazy, creative and dangerous to know? Follow these 8 rules and you might just get invited to join… Write Club.
- Being Held Back by Your Fear of Writing? Here’s What to Do – You are a writer, so if fear of writing is holding you back, here’s what you need to do to overcome it to start writing today.
- 10 Inadvertent Blogging Mistakes and What You Can Do To Make It Right – Blogging is hard work. My purpose here is to make you aware of some of the possible mistakes you may be making and offer you some ways to make it right.
Business / Career
- How to Create Marketing That’s Actually Helpful [Printable Checklist] – Learn how to create marketing that’s actually useful, and see some real life examples in action.
- The Effect My Kids Have Had on My Business – Raising kids isn’t easy. Growing a business while raising kids is even harder. Here is what having kids has taught me about building a successful online business.
- A Simple Framework for Creating a Viral Video – If you think creating a viral video is all luck, then stay tuned, because I’m going to show you a simple framework that many companies have used to achieve success.
- 3 Psychological Tactics for Gaining Instant Credibility – How CAN you be credible… even if you don’t have the authority or the experience yet?
- 7 Conversion Lessons Learned From Eye Tracking – You’ve seen those eye tracking reports before, but have you ever run one? Chances are you haven’t. Although they are costly and time-consuming, you can actually learn a lot from them.
Search Engines / SEO
- The 100 Best Free SEO Tools & Resources for Every Challenge – Interactive – You’ll find an interactive list of 100 best completely free tools, tools with both free and paid options, and free trials. Simply select the checkbox for the area you’re working in, and view the tools forr that category.
- What is ‘Pure Spam’? 10 Examples From Google – We all have our own definition of “pure spam”, but what’s more important is understanding what Google means by it. Here’s a look at 10 websites Google has kicked out of its search results so you can understand what qualifies as “pure spam”.
- The New SEO (When Google Takes Freshness Too Far) – Trying to create an algorithm which brings back relevant websites when everyone is trying to reverse engineer and ‘game’ the system has to be one of the hardest technical challenges for a business in the last decade.
- The Power of Google Rich Snippets for Ecommerce SEO – Learn how powerful Google rich snippets can be for ecommerce marketers.
- Create Precise Buyer Personas With SEO Data: A 10-Step Guide – If your content fails to resonate with a target audience, your buyer personas may be to blame. Use this 10-step guide to create precise personas using SEO data.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Setup Social Media Discussion Groups for Business – How social media groups work for businesses and how you can benefit from them as both an owner and a member.
- 5 Best Social Media Campaigns Aimed at Mobile Users – Here are 5 leading brands who had effectively increased brand awareness while incorporating mobile marketing into their social media campaigns.
- 26 Social Stats from 2013 You Should Know – FAVES + CO. wants to make it as easy as possible for you to keep up with the latest stats and research. Here are 26 of our fave stats from the past seven months.
- 26 Tips to Enhance Your Social Media Profiles – Tips on some of the basic housekeeping tasks that are necessary for maintaining complete and engaging social media profiles.
- How to Use Twitter Lists + Bonus Top 100 SEOs List – Twitter Lists can be used both for fun and business and I’ll tell you exactly how. Make sure you scroll down to the bottom for a list of useful Twitter accounts of SEOs.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
The Share Your Best Blog Post thread is moving to the Blog Marketing Strategies group on LinkedIn! Be sure to stop by, become a member, and share your best blog post from this week for other members to visit!
Here’s some random cuteness to start the weekend with!