This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- 3 Free Tools for Customer Insights + Book Giveaway – Enter to win one of four copies of Jay Baer’s new book, Youtility!
- 3 Marketing Tools I Miss (and Their Alternatives) – If you used PostRank, Formulists, or Google Reader, here are the best alternatives.
Blogging / Content
- 10 Principles for Turning into a Killer (Copywriter) – I didnâ€™t write effective copy until I humbled myself and became that killer. And I didnâ€™t become that killer until I understood the following ten principles behind effective sales copy.
- The Penultimate Guide to Making Money with Paid Content Writing – Copywriting and content writing hasnâ€™t made me rich or anything like that but it has provided some pretty handy supplementary income over the years.
- 4 Simple Newsjacking Formulas for Content Teams of Any Size – Inspired by the 4th Edition of The New Rules of Marketing & PR, learn about the different types of newsjacks you can use on your business blog.
- 5 Unique Ways to Find Blog Post Ideas For Even the Most Painfully Boring Industries – In this post I hope to share with you how we tackle this problem when we are brainstorming content ideas, so you too can always come up with blog post ideas on a whim, even on those really uninspiring rainy days.
- Revealing the Highest Earning Blogs that Sell Advertising – Some of the biggest earning blogs (and a few non-blogs) on the web that donâ€™t rely on affiliate links or selling products. Instead, they make a good portion of their income â€“ and in some cases all of their income â€“ through good olâ€™ advertising.
Business / Career
- 100 Conversion Optimization Case Studies – If youâ€™re a marketer, youâ€™re undoubtedly looking for techniques to optimize your website for better conversions.
- How to develop ROI-driven Inbound Marketing Campaigns – There are several online marketing practices that are within the inbound marketing realm, and there are also ton of ways to make certain that each approach will be result-driven.
- What Converts Better: Free Trial Versus Money Back Guarantee – See the results of testing product sales with and without free trials & money back guarantees.
- The Marketing ROI Guide to Delivering Smiles – You must have a delivering smiles system in place at your company. This will improve your marketing ROI because your Word of Mouth happens organically.
Search Engines / SEO
- Ultimate Guide to Site Speed Optimization – In this series, Iâ€™ll take you through the best, easiest ways to optimize your site speed.
- WordPress Trackbacks & Pingbacks: How to Use Them For SEO & Traffic – WordPress Trackbacks and pingbacks are misunderstood, underused, and abused. Discover true power of WordPress Trackbacks to drive web traffic and SEO.
- It’s Frickin Hard to Build Links if Your Site Sucks – If you’re going to work hard to increase your site’s visibility, make sure it’s worth sharing. It doesn’t make any sense to dump time, energy, money, and general resources into it if the site’s underdeveloped, lacks content, or is simply outdated.
- Infographic: 2013 SEO Ranking Factors, From SearchMetrics – Find out how keyword domains, keyword links, brands, social signals, content, backlinks, and on-page technology affect rankings.
- 5 Questions About Semantic SEO – When there are fundamental shifts in the SEO landscape, search industry practitioners are often asked how to organize a strategy around the new tactical options.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 26 Tips to Create a Strong Social Media Content Strategy – Social media tips: how to strengthen the impact of the content you create and generate the buzz youâ€™re looking for.
- Using Social Media To Support The Purchase Process – Your small business can leverage the power of social media to get prospects, customers, fans and the public engaged with your brand and content by being selective and targeted in your use of these platforms based on the different phases of the purchase process.
- How to Drive More Facebook Traffic to Your Website – Drive traffic to your website, increase your reach and traffic, and promote user interaction with your website.
- 10 Easy Ways to Get More Retweets – Twitter offers a great way to extend your influence online: the Retweet. But how do you leverage it for online success? Here’s my 10 tips to get you going.
- 10 Powerful Facebook Ad Tools and Features Used by Successful Marketers – Whether you’re an advanced marketer or want to be one, this post is for you. Here are 10 Facebook ad tools and features used by successful marketers.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
BOGO on ProBlogger Ebooks!
ProBlogger is offering a buy one, get one free ebook sale! If you’re just starting out with blogging, want to take your blog to the next level, or need to learn more about business blogging, then be sure to check out the ebooks and grab a few today. The sale ends on July 3rd!
Note: Since I own all of these and highly recommend them, I am a proud affiliate.
Terms & Conditions
Do you read the Terms & Conditions when you sign up for a new service?