This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, #FollowFriday recommendations, Facebook usernames, Kikolani’s new logo, week in review, previews for next weekâ€™s posts on kikolani.com and cat yodeling.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
Blogging / Design
- 10 ways to make your site accessible using web standards
- How to start a blog from scratch
- How to fight blogger’s block and depression
- Try Nextgen Gallery plug-in for WordPress portfolio
- Why you should upgrade to WordPress 2.8 (a positive review)
- The 10 cool bloggers and 5 coolest dude bloggers I know
Tech / SEO
- Effective email management
- Scancafe review – great photo negative and slide scans
- SEO toolkit from Microsoft
- The nofollow controversy explained
- Link sculpting 2.0 – how NOT to do it!
- 100 alternative search engines you should know
- Beyond the usual linkbuilding
- Blog comments and Google
- 8 things you should know about StumbleUpon’s URL shortener Su.pr
- In case of a twitpocalypse
- Twitter 140 Characters Conference highlights
- Learn a bit about yourself with TweetPsych
- How to find local tweeters in your town
- 9 tips for new Twitter users
- 5 killer Facebook fan pages
- 30 most valuable Digg tools
Business / Finance
- The 5 most persuasive people on planet earth
- Overcoming negative thoughts about starting a business
- 13 tips for marketing your business with your blog
- Financial planning
- Top corporate blogs and why you should be reading them
- How to make your desk a sanctuary
Personal Development / Growth / Self Improvement
- Better than a little pile of notes
- 7 tips to help you procrastinate in a productive way
- 5 dimensions of knowledge
- 11 ways to build an extraordinary life
- ADD stages: Decide and Do
- Why you do what you do (and why it should scare you)
- 101 most inspiring quotes
Last, but Not Least
- The A to Z of Nadal v Federer (too bad Nadal won’t be there this year though)
- 100 cute animal photos
- Is there anything cuter than these?
- 10 best Youtube clips of Seinfeld
#FollowFriday Recommendations on Twitter
Here are my #followfriday recommendations.
Also, if you enjoy this post and my tweets on blogging, social media, photography, and more, be sure to give me a shout out as follows:
RT @kikolani Fetching Friday – Resources, #FollowFriday, Facebook Usernames & Cat Yodeling > http://bit.ly/WKHUo
Here is some related news in the world of Kikolani.
I have to admit, I was one of those people who had the countdown running on when it would be time to get my custom URL via Facebook Usernames. While I was able to secure my personal Facebook profile, I was not able to get my Facebook page for Kikolani because I had less than 1,000 fans as of May 31st.
A New Logo
I am happy to announce that thanks to Tamal of Design.Lifesoon, I finally have a logo! I have tried various free logo design in exchange for links companies, and none of them quite got what I was looking for. He really listened, and was happy to send me a bunch of different options so I could pick the right one. Be sure to check out Design.Lifesoon for affordable, professional website designs and more.
Week in Review
Like Fetching Friday? Considering adding something similar to your blog? Check out my guide to the elements, benefits and tips for a successful weekly blog series. Also, learn more about the benefits of building a blogging community and check out some Southwestern critters.
Preview for the week of 22 June 2009
Next in the Benefits of Blogging series is an article on how blogging helps strengthen your interests, hobbies and learning. I touched on this in Discover Yourself Through Blogging, but thought it deserved a more dedicated focus.
Also next week, there will be a guest post on how a valuable information source for your blog can also become a huge time waster.
This past Sunday, my wonderful husband took me on a surprise trip to Mt. Lemmon. So next week, I’ll share some of the best photos from there!
Advanced Cat Yodeling
Have a cat? Here’s a guide on how to make your cat a Youtube yodeling sensation!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.