This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, #FollowFriday recommendations, a bit about the big 3-0, and a literal music video to hopefully make you LOL.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
Blogging / Design
- Creating a Google Sitemap for WordPress
- Avoiding WordPress duplicate content problems
- How to highlight special parts of articles
- 27 resources to help you with Thesis
- 110 CSS galleries to submit your site to
- Top 20 favorite Blogussion articles – on blogging, writing, SEO and more
- 25 social media jokes & comics – Episode (1)
- Star Wars embraces social media
- 5 steps to make your site social media friendly
- How to create a custom Facebook fan page
- 10 privacy settings every Facebook user should know
Tech / SEO
- 30 must have tweaks for your Mac
- POLL: What antivirus program are you using?
- 50 great examples of data visualization
- Getting indexed by search engines
Personal Development / Growth / Self Improvement
- Understanding facial expressions
- Who is in control?
- Blind spots in personal growth
- Training your focus – enhance your reality
#FollowFriday Recommendations on Twitter
Here are my #followfriday recommendations, for sci-fi fans.
Also, if you enjoy this post and my tweets on blogging, social media, photography, and more, be sure to give me a shout out as follows:
RT @kikolani Fetching Friday Resources, #FollowFriday, The Big 30, Literal Music Video > http://bit.ly/xgWcd
Related News: The Big 30
Today I turned the big 3-0. I have left my 20’s, and am now embarking upon my 30’s. So far, the day has been quite exciting. Last year on my birthday, my husband proposed, and shortly thereafter started making plans for my birthday this year.
So what has happened so far? He actually arranged for me to have the day off of work so I could go on a treasure hunt. Eight clues led me to a few presents, an amazingly sweet card with a love letter inside, and an outfit to wear later tonight for a mystery date. I’m looking very forward to what is in store for later.
So needless to say, that is why this post is a bit shorter in terms of less #FollowFriday recs and no preview, because I have been busy having a LOT of fun, and haven’t really thought out my post for next week. But don’t despair, something interesting will come to mind before the weekend is over with.
Literal Music Video
Literal music videos are ones where someone interprets and performs the song, but the lyrics are now based off of what is going on in the video. There are a few good ones, and a few really bad ones. This is by far the best one… I laugh every time I watch it.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.