This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, the last few days to join Third Tribe at a good rate, and an easy iPad contest.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to pitch bloggers – simple tips to make sure your efforts are a success.
- 5 steps to writing a link bait post – the basics.
- The art of reading to become an amazing blogger – how to choose and organize your reading materials to benefit your blogging.
- How to improve internal linking on your blog – how to keep track of content you want to link to (if you can’t or don’t want to use SEO Smart Links plugin).
- Is Google waging a war on guest bloggers – their advice on guest blogging vs. writing for your own site.
Business / Career / Finance
- The ultimate guide to releasing career frustrations – no matter how much you love your job, there are always little irking points.
- Small business start up priority #1 – your office desk – it is where you will likely spend most of your time, so it should be as close to perfect as possible.
- 10 ways to mitigate risk when starting an online store or business – lower your risk while working on the rewards.
- Location based services – is it the future of online marketing?
- Insights into running a design business – great tips for others in the design industry.
- How to use Facebook with InfusionSoft – an email marketing software / service.
- The facts about Facebook infographic – I love infographics, hence why they have their own section and are spared throughout others.
- Import Twitter favorites into Facebook pages – not a bad way to share useful posts with your fans.
- New privacy features – will it satisfy everyone and really be simpler or will they still leave?
- How to return Facebook privacy settings to what you signed up for – I’m all in!
Humor / Infographics / Inspiration
- 40 examples of round edge business cards – great inspiration if you’re looking to redesign yours.
- 60 creative footer design examples – a great way to catch a visitor’s eye right before they might be ready to leave.
- Search engines and online reputation – great infographic!
- Ultimate roundup of resources for designing for the iPhone – this site is your source for anything design.
- 50 informative and well designed infographics – social media, astronomy, Disney, and more.
- 10 illustrations on search engines’ valuation of links – find out what counts, and what doesn’t.
- Strategic link building that drives huge results – it’s about content, competitors, and keywords.
- Link building tools interview with Aaron Wall of SEOBook – includes his views on dofollow and the way the search industry is evolving.
- Why link builders do not share link building secrets – hint: it’s not because we think we’ll be put out of business.s
- Link building with great web design – using CSS directors, CMS galleries, and more to build backlinks.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- How to make money blogging – a review of the program I will begin in July to help take my blog to the next level.
- 7 ways to increase and retain newsletter subscribers – if your mailing list is the source of your income, you will want to make sure you are keeping them interested!
- How I made over $2,000 from one blog post – definitely check out the other linked post in this one on how he does it with Amazon.
- How to build multiple streams of income using WordPress blogs – the author and I agree automated blogs aren’t the best way to go, but they are a common methodology that can’t be left out.
- How to turn your blog into a product launch engine – signup for a free 78 minute video plus 4 ebooks from an online money making expert.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- Free personal development video course – signup for 4 free videos, plus the chance to win something for commenting.
- How to make peace with noise – creating peace with meditation.
- What does personal excellence mean to you – share your thoughts.
- Personal growth lessons from a little bird – the effects of peer pressure.
- How to overcome self-imposed limits – are you the only thing holding you back?
Photography / Digital Art
- The oil spill reaches Louisiana shores – very sad.
- 40 beautiful, high resolution photos – sized for desktop wallpaper.
- 44 beautiful sunset photos – also sized for desktop wallpaper.
- 10 tips to get your photos noticed on Flickr – hint: put your website URL in the photo description for traffic back to your site.
- 35 surreal examples of multiplicity photography – nothing I would love more than to have one photo with ten of me in it.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Google confirms Mayday update impacts longtail traffic – or why you might be receiving less traffic from Google lately.
- The fastest way to increase Google rankings – more of an overview than a how-to.
- Overcome the Google Analytics learning curve in 20 minutes – between this and an informative lunch and learn at my office, I have a good post idea coming up soon.
- 7 deadly sins of Google local listings – did you know you can hide home based business addresses, even if you shouldn’t?
- Quick tips to build search engine friendly websites – basic yet valuable tips.
- Tracking your social media metrics on a spreadsheet – interesting way to keep track of the numbers.
- 5 signs you could be getting more from social media – find out what to do if you are wasting your time then learn an A – Z social media strategy.
- 10 ways to cut through the social media noise to be heard – aka, how to get your message heard above others.
- 5 big brand social media strategies – a simple look at ways brands do it!
- 13 truths about social media measurement – it’s not all about ROI!
- How to use LinkedIn for marketing and SEO – 20 great resources.
- Keep LinkedIn clean – why you shouldn’t import all of your tweets into your professional profile.
- Did you know you can change your StumbleUpon username – I don’t know what happens to your old profile links, and you can only do it once.
- Should you stop interlinking your social networking accounts – in some cases, I say YES!
- Non-profit uses Foursquare to spread environmental awareness – better than “I’m at Starbucks – come stalk me.”
- Did Twitter ban third party ad platforms – is it yes or no?
- 5 tools that changed the way businesses use Twitter – and everyone else as well.
- Case study: Britney Spears on Twitter – plus other celebs.
- Setting Twitter goals and using them
- Change your default Twitter following email notifications – for less clutter in the inbox.
- How CommentLuv grows blogs and businesses – how to use CommentLuv effectively.
- What top niche web designers say about the Thesis WordPress theme – find out what the people who make Thesis beautiful think of the theme and learn more through the discussion in the comments.
- Converting a static website to WordPress – part two of the process of converting a website from 1996 to WP.
- Premium themes comparison: WooThemes vs. Thesis – video overview of the benefits of each subscription.
- Top 5 WordPress forum plugins – for alternative uses of WordPress
Let’s Win an iPad Together!
If you want an iPad as badly as I do (and that is pretty, desperately bad), then let’s help each other. There is a contest to win an iPad that is pretty simple – fill out a form, favorite and comment on a Youtube trailer for a realtiy TV show (like the Real World but with people trying to start a business), and subscribe to a Youtube channel. If you win an iPad after clicking on this referral link to the contest, then I win one too for referring you! Also, there is another contest where each tweet you make about it counts as an entry – enter now.
June 1st 5PM Central Cut Off to Join Third Tribe at $47…
I’m sure most of you have heard of it – the community started by Darren Rowse of ProBlogger, Chris Brogan, and Brian Clark of CopyBlogger. But it’s not the creators that make it valuable. Here is what you get if you join today in terms of educational content:
- The Quick Start Guide to Making Money Online – Johnny Truant on how to make your first $100 online, two critical factors in his success, so called “instant money systems,” and more.
- Building a Business Around a Blog: Part One – Darren Rowse on the 3 factors your blog must have to make money with advertisers, choosing a profitable niche, making banner ads work, and more.
- Building a Business Around a Blog: Part Two – Chris Brogan on online reputation, two favorite ways to bring in blog revenue, getting into your customer’s head, and more.
- Building a Business Around a Blog: Part Three – Brian Clark on how he built his 100K subscriber base, favorite selling model, the “millionaire’s secret,” and more.
- Building a Business Around a Blog: Part Four – Leo Babautu of Zen Habits on where his revenue comes from, how he handled negative reactions to his product, best technique for getting traffic, and more.
- Email Marketing Strategies that Work – Sonia Simone on how to build a list, a sneaky “secret weapon,” how to get readers to open your email, and more.
- How to Get Your Customers to Do Your Best Marketing for You – John Jantsch on how he built Duct Tape Marketing, coaching customers and partners to bring more customers, simple tools, and more.
- Copywriting Tips for Insanely Effective Email Marketing – Dave Navarro on the 3 step email formula used to boost click-throughs, favorite tools for generating compelling subject headers, how to handle spam filters, and more.
- Product Launch Strategies: What Always Works and What’s Working in 2010 – Jeff Walker on creating connection at the start of a launch, common mistakes, creating an event vs. hype-fest, and more.
- Advanced Affiliate Marketing with Social Media and SEO – Glen Allsopp on the best way to get natural, high-quality links, a lame SEO technique that actually still works, why social media and SEO shouldn’t be seen as separate, and more.
All of the above include a downloadable MP3 and transcript of the interview, next action worksheet, and valuable links. Getting access to these alone makes your first month a huge value – and new seminars are added each month.
If the educational materials are not enough, consider the fact that you will have access to a spam free community of business minded, marketing minded people who are all there to help each other succeed. Everyone is there to help and learn from everyone else.
The catch? You only have four more days to join at the rate of $47 a month – on June 1st at 5PM Central, the rate goes up to $97 for the first month. So if you have had even an inkling about joining just to try it out for a month, do it at the lower rate. Lock it in for future months or cancel after the first month if it doesn’t suit you – after you download the seminars and network with other members. But do it before it goes up to $97. Join now.