This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers – If you want to market your blog or business effectively by blogging there are a lot of balls to keep in the air.
- The Non-Designerâ€™s Guide to WordPress Blog Design – This post covers design and some of the technical aspects of making your theme and WordPress look how you want it to and do what you want it to do.
- The Bloggerâ€™s Guide to Meaningful Engagement on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter – If you are on these sites, however, you probably know that getting meaningful engagement with your followers isnâ€™t easy. You can easily drown in the noise, so you need tips and tools to help you break through that noise. The following ideas will help you do just that.
- Whatâ€™s the Best Font For Your Blog – If you think itâ€™s up to your designer, youâ€™re wrong. You want a font that looks great and PERFORMS amazing.
- How to Pick the Best Affiliate Marketing Programs that Pay – Finding best affiliate marketing programs that pay is half of making money online battle. What works for top affiliate marketers, wonâ€™t work for you.
Business / Career
- 20 of the Best Business Apps – Business Apps for iPhones, SmartPhones and Tablets can really help streamline your day-to-day business tasks. But since there are so many to choose from, I have asked the CarolRoth.com contributor network of entrepreneurs and experts to provide their favorite business apps to help you discover apps than can save you time and more.
- 30 Top Facebook Apps for Business – These are some of the best Facebook applications that help freelances boost their productivity, enhance their business pages, show off their portfolio and attract new contacts.
- Entrepreneurship with a Mindset for Massive Wealth – The pursuit of massive wealth can be a wonderful thing, but it is the most beautiful of all when pursued with meaningful work on your own terms.
- 10 Free Apps for Working with Video – Here is a roundup of the most popular video software and services recommended for freelancersâ€™ and entrepreneur’s everyday use.
- 50 Awesome Posts on Email Marketing – Learn the ins and outs of email marketing, including building your email list, crafting the best email content, email newsletter design, and more in this list of 50 awesome posts on email marketing from 2011.
Personal Development / Productivity
- The Best Productivity Podcasts of 2011 – The best productivity podcasts of 2011 â€” listen to them before you really have to start thinking about how youâ€™re going to make next year even better than this one.
- 7 Warning Signs That Youâ€™ve Given Up on Your Dreams – You may have excuses and obstacles standing in your way, but you can transcend them. However, it only happens when youâ€™re ready.
- The Many Reasons We Rely Upon Our Clutter – Clutter isnâ€™t an easy problem to solve, no matter how many times you are told to toss it out and that you donâ€™t need it.
- 41 Things I Did In My 41st Year – A list of one man’s accomplishment over the last year.
- 25 Things I Would Tell My Younger Self – Whether you are younger or older than 25, if youâ€™re not doing the things on this list itâ€™s never too late to start. The things you do today will make a difference to your tomorrow.
Search Engines / SEO
- Key SEO Questions For Better Content Marketing – Whether itâ€™s an email, blog post, press release or article for a publication, itâ€™s essential to think about the answers to these questions.
- 10 SEO Optimizations That ACTUALLY Make A Difference – A small handful of elements will give you tremendous results as long as you tend to them well.
- An SEO Guide to Adsense, Ads and Placement – Ads are great, but as SEOs we need to present them as the commercials that they are, not the main show.
- 20 Free Online Tools for Website Speed Testing – In order to help you build faster, better optimized websites and identify troublesome website performance bottlenecks, consider incorporating some of the following tools into your web development process.
- Keyword Research â€“ Part I: Keyword Discovery – Keyword research should be the basis of any online marketing campaign. The simple goal of keyword research is to find out what your target audience is searching and what it will take to actually rank for those keywords and phrases.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 26 Promising Social Media Stats for Small Businesses – Social media for small business: discover how your customers are using social media and what you need to know.
- Why I Wonâ€™t Simply Ignore Klout – Do you purchase products and services from companies that you don’t agree with or do you take a firm stand? This author won’t ignore Klout. Here’s why.
- 40+ Great Examples of Facebook Fan Pages – Examples of great Facebook fan pages we hope will inspire you and give you some ideas for your own fan page.
- 6 Ways SMBs Can Benefit From LinkedIn – How can you use LinkedIn to grow your SMB? Here are just a few neat ways.
- How to Get Over 100 Tweets on Autopilot on Each and Every Post You Write – Get more exposure on Twitter with these great tips.
Blog Post Promotion: The Ultimate Guide 2nd Edition is Out
In February, I wrote the first edition of Blog Post Promotion: The Ultimate Guide. Since then, a lot has changed. Google+ entered the scene, Facebook brought out the Timeline profile (or is in process at least), CommentLuv radically changed their system, and I’ve simply learned a lot more about promotion and measuring your results.
So today, I have released the 2nd Edition to the Blog Post Promotion Guide. If you haven’t already ordered a copy, be sure to buy it now at the 2nd Edition introductory price of $25 USD – a little over 30% off the regular price!
If you have already ordered a copy of the first edition, simply use the contact form to send me your name, email address, and Paypal email address used to let me know you’d like get a copy of the 2nd Edition at no additional cost.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from Sedona. Another celebration of beautiful fall colors illuminated on a sunny morning.
I love timelapses, and I love tilt-shift, so this was a combination I couldn’t pass up.