This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How To Make Your Content Interesting and Useful – How to make your content useful in a boring industry, creating content that brings people to your website, and more.
- 8 Ways to Make Money With a Blog (And the Major Mistake You Should Avoid) – If you carefully survey the world of successful bloggers, you will find a variety of revenue generating opportunities.
- All Your Writing Clips on One Site: Cuttings.me Review and Interview – Freelance writers, journalists, and bloggers need to show editors and prospect clients examples of their work. British journalist and fellow freelancer Nicholas Holmes has come up with a brilliant way for you to easily showcase your clips in one slick portfolio on one website.
- A â€˜Thank Youâ€™ to 21 Bloggers for Kicking Butt, Taking Names, and Creating Greatness – Some bloggers write, others kick butt while creating greatness in the process. Here are my thoughts on a 21 bloggers who are taking action!
- 100 Questions to Help You Write, Publish, and Sell Your Ebook – If you want to write an ebook but are having difficulty getting started, these 100 questions will give you the jump start that you need.
Business / Career / Making Money Online
- How to Find Out Which Online Marketing Strategy Drives the Best Traffic – Do you participate in so many different types of online marketing strategies that when your boss asks you which one is the most effective, you donâ€™t know what to say? This is where Google Analytics Advanced Segments come into play.
- 10 Ways for New Writers to Market their Business and Get Into the Spotlight – 10 solid tips to help your business get more results as a writer.
- The 10 Brand Questions Every SMB Must Answer – 10 questions intended to help you take a more strategic look at your brand to identify whatâ€™s working and where you may want to improve.
- Screw Overnight Success: How to Really Build Long-Term Growth Online – Despite what the ads will tell you, very few business people earn a comfortable living after a few days or weeks in business. A more reliable â€“ and more profitable â€“ way to approach your business is with a long-term plan.
- How To Increase Adsense CTR: Tested and Confirmed – Multiple tests on how to increase Adsense CTR keep confirming that you should not display ads all over your blog.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 50 Ways to Show Gratitude for the People in Your Life – From the people who love you, to the people who challenge you, to the people who support you at work, hereâ€™s how to show your gratitude.
- 10 Ways to Find Balance and Serenity After a Productive Day – 10 simple ways to relax and reflect after a long day of productivity. Everyone should be rewarded for working hard.
- The Path to Long-Term Productivity – The real secret to your long term productivity lies in your health and your well-being.
- 18 Ways to Find Direction Over Your Holiday Break – The holidays are a great time to step back from your work-life and rethink what and how you are trying to get things done.
- 10 Powerful Productivity Tips You Can Practice – What actions describe the remarkably productive? What routines, principles, and tactics establish a few people persistently more productive than the rest?
Search Engines / SEO
- Is Google+ Imperative For SEO? – We all know that Google has over 200 signals it uses when ranking content, but you know what Google loves to rank well when its relevant? Google stuff.
- 5 Press Release SEO Posts & 10 Bonus Tips for Better Google Rankings – A list of Press Release Optimization tips plus a few extras at the end of this post.
- 6 Cool Ways to Supplement Your Open Site Explorer Data – Today, weâ€™re going to take some fresh link data from your favourite link information mining tool of choice and supplement the hell out of it with even more data.
- How I Keep My Bounce Rate Under 2% – Keeping visitors on your website is a key component to success. The more time a visitor spends on your site, the more likely they are to follow through with whatever action you want them to take, whether thatâ€™s subscribing to a newsletter, purchasing a product, or making an inquiry.
- About Link Building – This post is for any new linkbuilders out there who wants a one-stop resource to guide them focusing on the different linkbuilding factors, linkbuilding methods and linkbuilding results.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Find and Add Facebook Apps to Your Facebook Page – How to find and install third-party Facebook applications easily to improve your Facebook Page and incite fans to come back again.
- 10 Creative Ways to â€œLevel-Upâ€ Your Presence on Facebook – Pat’s shared a lot of tips about Facebook over the past two years, but nothing like this. Here’s what you can do to LEVEL-UP your presence on Facebook today!
- 10 Productive Tasks You Should Be Doing On Google+ Right Now – The following list of things that you should be doing on Google+ will keep you both productive and effective, not just entertained.
- 3 Steps To Boost Conversion From Social Media Profiles – 3 super-simple methods to boost conversion from social media profiles.
- 25 Google+ Tips and Tricks – From making your profile pop to mastering your stream, Iâ€™ll share 25 of the most useful Google+ Tips and Tricks to get you going.
Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals for Bloggers
Want to skip the crowds and still get some good deals? Here are some great Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals for bloggers and online marketers.
1. 25% off StudioPress – From Tuesday, November 22nd through Monday, November 28th at 5pm PST, use the discount code THANKS for an additional 25% off of StudioPress Genesis Framework, child themes, and packages. Don’t miss this great deal! Read my comparison of Thesis vs. Genesis for more information.
2. 40% off Income Blogging Course – For 100 members only, get six months membership to the Income Blogging Course for $27 per month – a total savings of $120 off the entire course! Read my course review for more information.
3. Only72 Hour Sale – Get $1,033 worth of courses from big names in the online marketing and blogging industry for only $97 beginning Monday, November 28th at noon EST through December 1st. Be sure to check out the interviews now and sign up!
4. ProBlogging Action Plan – Get 50% off Jane Sheeba’s ProBlogging Action Plan eBook from now through Monday, November 28th at midnight. Use the discount code bfcmpbs to take advantage of this Black Friday Special.
5. HostGator – Hostgator is offering 50% off all hosting services on Black Friday only (from midnight to 11:59pm CST) including shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated servers. No coupon code is needed – just place your order during the designated time frame today!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from Jerome, AZ. Along the way, while scoping out a way to get to an urbex scene down the hill, I looked up and noticed what remained of the fall colors in the town.