This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Since I’m at Blog World this week, I put together the roundup Wednesday before I left. I probably will miss some great posts from the rest of the week, but I’ll throw them in next Friday!
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 21 Blog Footer Examples That Mean Business – Examples from blogs that include different types of calls to action. Look through these examples and see where your eyes go, ask yourself if you are tempted to click.
- Want to Make Money Online? Then Stop Reading and Get Moving – We wanted to know how other bloggers make their money. Is it all online, or do they make their money offline as well? In other words, we wanted to know if they were Semi-Local.
- The Best Way For Freelance Writers to Hold Themselves Accountable – Freelance writers need accountability to stick to their marketing and writing goals. Writing groups and membership sites can hold writers accountable.
- 6 Eye-Catching Graphics that ALL Blogs Need – Six types of graphics you should use on a regular basis.
- 50 Great Free WordPress Themes From 2011 – 50 great WordPress themes that were released in 2011 for free.
Business / Career
- 5 Ways to Improve Conversion Rates on Your Holiday Ecommerce Pages – Give your marketing a kick in the pants for holiday season, with 5 simple ways you can boost your ecommerce conversions.
- The Truth: Why Trading Time For Money is the Best Way to Make More Money – It’s time to hear the truth. If you want to stop trading time for money, then you need to go about it the right way. Read this to find out how.
- The Most Important Small Business Video Marketing Tip Youâ€™ll Ever Receive – There are many small business video marketing tips to be learned, but there is one that affects more businesses than any other, and thatâ€™s a failure.
- 101 Career Experts You Should Know – Need a career coach or resume writer? You’ve come to the right place.
- Work Motivation in Just 12 Steps – Regain your motivation and achieve a new sense of drive that youâ€™ve been sorely missing with these 12 tips.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 12 Happiness Habits for Busy People – You should never be too busy to smile, because creating happiness in your life does not take a lot of time. You just have to do a few things right.
- The 8 Habits of Healthy Living – The top habits you can change, and a simple method for changing them for a healthier life.
- What If – Have you ever wondered what would happen if your limitations and imperfections, your worries and anxieties, or your doubts and fears, neither mattered nor materialized as you so desperately persist that they do?
- 23 Easy, Actionable, And Kick-Ass Ways To Create An Extraordinary Life – Here’s a list of specific steps to take in order to make TODAY one hell of an *extraordinary* day. No excuses needed! Enjoy.
- The First 66 Days of Taking Better Care of Yourself – A 66-day self-care program which includes a writing/journaling exercise, breathing and fitness exercises, meditation and/or yoga and another activity that will strengthen your relationship with your body.
Search Engines / SEO
- What You Can Learn from Bounce Rate & How to Improve It – Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who come to your website and leave without viewing any other pages on your website. Learn what it means in relation to your content, traffic sources, and demographics as well as how to improve it.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective SEOs – Why are some of these SEOs good at what they do while others arenâ€™t? And after thinking about it for a while, I realized that it came down to these 7 habits.
- Why PageRank Doesnâ€™t Matter Anymore (And What You Should Focus On Instead) – Pagerank isn’t an important website metric anymore, so what is? Here are the 3 most critical website metrics that you should care about when assessing your website or blog’s traffic.
- 3 Steps to Social SEO for Your Boring-Ass Clients – How to combat clients who are spammy, have a terrible reputation, or have un-shareable content.
- 7 Excel Charts You Should Be Using Daily [Video Tutorial] – In keeping with the revolt against ugly data, weâ€™re going to be turning our attention this time to how to make data visual.
Social Media / Social Networking
- This Is Why I Disabled My Klout Account – Robert disabled his Klout account to opt-out of a social scoring system that attempts to measure the the impossible – online influence.
- 20 Great People That Taught Me The Power Of Twitter – 20 people that continue to teach and remind me, what it means to be awesome on Twitter.
- 16 Creative Ways to Make Your Facebook Timeline Cover Photo – Examples of how to use your Timeline cover photo together with your Facebook profile photo for creative communication.
- 9 Impressive Social Media Campaigns Using Video – The campaigns shown are intended to give an overview of how video can be used in your campaign, across a range of budgets.
- Top 5 Tools to Better Time Your Tweets – When exactly are your best times to tweet? Letâ€™s examine five different tools that help define important Twitter metrics.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo came from a beautiful weekend in Sedona, Arizona. The fall colors were absolutely lovely, and while I took a lot of shots of all the leaves in the trees, I found the ones closer to the ground even more beautiful.
A Lot of Gear
This week, while I’m at Blog World, my husband is out in the elements in Southern Utah. He just started up his own YouTube channel with his first video covering the photo and camping gear he’s taking. The guest star in the beginning is our cat Zoe. 🙂