This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Comment on a blog post before tweeting a link – how taking an extra moment before you tweet can show your followers your support for that article.
- How to really get on the ProBlogger list of bloggers to watch – tips on getting recognized!
- How to get fans, followres, and subscribers – how to make it easy for people to connect with you and your blog in the way they choose.
- How to write and format a DMCA letter – if you are having major problems with content theft, here is a great way to go about getting it handled.
- 50 ways to dodge the blog burnout sucker punch – things to try when you feel a complete blogging standstill coming on.
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- Blog design features that will earn you more money – make your website inviting and easy to navigate: thatâ€™s when and where you monetize
- The good advice that killed my conversions – why you can’t copywrite by committee.
- 7 simple ways to painlessly increase your freelancing rates – start earning more by finding ways to fairly and unnoticeably raise your rates.
- The super-guide to making money from advertising on your blog – from what it takes to setting prices to testing.
- How to build a quiet revolution behind your business launch – how to cultivate a response to your latest venture.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 16 harsh truths that make us stronger – once you accept these, life could be much better.
- 7 things to do when $hit hits the fan – how to fight an unpredictable situation or crisis.
- Nonconformity is not individuality – learn where noncomformity and individuality meet.
- Say yes to loving yourself – a guide to caring for the most important person of all.
- What critical step stands between you and your goals? Find out the single secret that separates goal achievers and everyone else.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- 10 ways to beat the Panda update – great ways to ensure your site doesn’t get dinged during this update or the ones to come.
- How social media affects paid search – a nice breakdown, including some answers from Google’s PR team about +1.
- Whitehat SEO: it f@$#ing works – a response to last week’s post on how Whitehat SEO is a joke.
- SEO content writing – how to write a crowd pleasing title that ranks well in search too.
- Giving your links a boost with tiered link building – help build authority for those quality links to your site by building additional backlinks towards them.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to build the perfect Facebook fan page, 2011 edition – a look at how to use the best new features of Facebook fan pages for your brand.
- How to measure your Facebook engagement – several areas you may be overlooking that are causing your fan page to plateau or not get off the ground.
- 3 ways to use Twitter favorites – how to use your favorites to complete your profile, share recommendations, and encourage others.
- Diverse summaries of 13 LinkedIn profiles – do you introduce yourself in first or third person, and how that affects the way people see your social profiles.
- 5 dangerous realities of social media for business – five things to consider for businesses involved with social media marketing.
Friday Roundup for Photography Lovers
I finally achieved my ultimate goal – my husband is now heavily involved in the world of blogging and social media with his own dedicated HDR photography blog.
Become a Power Blogger
One of my favorite communities (before I got too busy to handle anything outside of Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn) was Blog Catalog. So when I heard that they have this huge one day deal going on for the next 24 hours as of 12 PM PST, I had to share it with you.
Power Blogging is meant to be a life coach for your blog. For $47.95 per month, you get the following:
- Platinum Plus Membership including personalized ad rotation on BlogCatalog’s site which receives almost 300K visitors per month.
- Spotlighting on the BlogCatlog blog and in monthly newsletters.
- Access to BlogCatalog’s social media pros, designers, and programmers.
- Additional links to your site throughout BlogCatlog.
- Access to the Power Blogger e-Magazine.
- A chance to get a free pass to the upcoming Power Blogger Conference (if you’re in the first 20 to signup).
So be sure to go check it out and see if it’s a good fit for your blog to boost traffic, readers, and build powerful connections in the blogging community!
This isn’t an April Fools Day prank this time. My hubby shared this remix of the song Friday, and I have to say, I love it! I hope you will too! 🙂
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, on the social networks, or grab business cards from in person. So connect with me in the comments (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.