This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- The Ultimate Guest Posting Target Blog List – Knowing that you should be guest posting on major blogs is one thing, but finding those target blogs is entirely another… until now.
- Why Finding Your Blogging and Online Voice is a Total Myth – Many people thinking finding your voice is essential to online and blogging success. This is a myth. Here’s why.
- The Complete Guide To Custom Post Types in WordPress – Learn how to create custom types of content easily with this complete guide to WordPress custom post types.
- Making Your Online Audience Uncomfortable in 10 Simple Steps – I’m all for stirring the pot when the moment is right, but if you aren’t careful, this discomfort will drive away business. Uncomfortable, awkward moments rarely lead to sales.
- How to Speed Up Your WordPress Site – Learn how to improve the speed of your WordPress website to improve the experience visitors have on your site and for better Google search results.
Business / Career
- 10 Tricks to Research Anything – Researching a new market, customer or channel can be wildly inefficient. The web has abundant information, but finding just the right information you need is time consuming if you don’t know some of the tricks. Read on to discover 10 of the best!
- What Spending $66,372.09 On Paid Advertising Taught Me – Because I wasn’t satisfied with the volume of traffic I was getting, I decided to test a few different advertising sources like LinkedIn, Google AdWords, Retargeter, Perfect Audience, and StumbleUpon Ads. Here is what I learned.
- [Infographic] 10 Ways to Convert More Customers (with Psychology) – Understanding these subtleties in the human mind can help your business find creative ways to ethically move more buyers towards saying “Yes!” to your products or services. Below are 10 studies that reveal such insights into the minds of your customers.
- 8 Outsourcing Experts Revealed Their Biggest Outsourcing Mistake – Are you outsourcing? Learn from the mistakes experts made to improve your outsourcing results.
- Uncommon Career Advice: 8 Reasons You Are Not Getting Promoted – Figure out why you are not getting promoted by using these exact strategies and become invaluable at your job.
- How to Make a Full Time Income from Freelance Blogging – This is an interview with Tom Ewer. Tom is a freelance blogger and internet marketer. He quit his job at the end of 2011 and shares all of his successes and failures at his blog, Leaving Work Behind.
- How I Got 5 Paid Blogging Gigs With One Query Letter – Here’s how Anthony Sills learned to develop story ideas — and how his 5-in-1 query got ALL his proposed blog posts assigned by an editor.
- Freelance Writers Need To Avoid The One Client Syndrome – How to avoid giving one writing client an exclusive on your time and why you should refuse to do so no matter how well they pay.
- Fitness for Freelancers: The Work-at-Home Guide to Diet and Exercise – What I’ve learned, as an average person, about staying healthy while slaving away at the computer for long hours of the day.
- How Confidence Can Make All the Difference to Your Freelance Writing Career – For freelance writers, confidence is more powerful than you think. Sometimes, your level of confidence = your level of success. This article explains why.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Evaluate Google Friendly Link Building Opportunities – While you are doing your competitor analysis, ask the following questions about various sites that competitors are using to see if they will be Panda / Penguin friendly opportunities.
- How to Find Long-Tail Keywords: 9 Ways to Discover Long-Tail Terms – Learn nine novel ways to find long-tail keywords in this guide to long-tail keyword discovery for SEO.
- 7 Critical SEO Errors of E-commerce Websites – The sad fact is, optimizing e-commerce websites for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is much harder than it is for blogs or simple 5 page company websites. By having lots of product pages constantly shuffling on and off the site, numerous problems arise that make SEO very difficult for e-commerce websites.
- Buying Awareness to Build Links – It’s a common dilemma. You work hard to publish a great piece of content, but no one notices it. How can you build an audience when you don’t have one? One solution is to buy the initial traction.
- 4 Tools Breaking Your Backlinks into Categories – Today we are looking into one type of backlink profile analysis: backlink categorization.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 Steps to Getting the Best Results with LinkedIn Advertising – The following five steps will help you get the most value from your LinkedIn advertising campaigns.
- How to Effectively Rebrand Your Social Media Profiles – What you need to know to rebrand your business on social media. Learn how make a smooth transition.
- The Difference Between Facebook Places and Facebook Pages and How to Merge Them – You may be missing an opportunity to connect with your audience if people are “checking in” to a different Facebook Place other than your own!
- Six YouTube Tools and Tips For Social Media Success – YouTube gets overlooked as a social network despite the fact that it is the most popular of the video sharing sites.
- Facebook Friendships Get a Timeline Upgrade – There’s a page for just about anything you can imagine on Facebook — including every friendship.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo comes from The Subway in Zion National Park. Now that i can’t get out to do much hiking, I really appreciate my husband’s ability to capture the beautiful details in nature.