This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, an interview, landing page success, and how to wrap a cat on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- BlogcastFM review: A look at the BlogcastFM premium membership offering 12 expert interviews, mindmaps, and action worksheets per month. Be sure to take the video tour and sign up today by 9PM PST before the price goes up and save over $200 annually!
- The Blog World eBook – for those who missed Blog World Expo, check out this free ebook on one awesome blogger’s experiences.
- 4 ways to get traffic to your blog via LinkedIn Answers – great tips for bloggers on LinkedIn.
- How I grew my RSS subscription count by 243% – 4 tactics and how they affected RSS subscriber count.
- List your blogging related jobs – a new job board for bloggers to list and find opportunities.
- Why you shouldn’t switch your email to Facebook – three great reasons not to jump ship.
- 14 social media experts react to Facebook’s new message system – a look at how influencers feel about the change.
- Facebook Pages for B2B social media marketing – a look at the elements of three successful B2B pages.
- Creating a SEO friendly Facebook page – key elements to make sure your page is search noteworthy.
- How to update Facebook status and Twitter with Rockmelt – a look at a new social media management tool.
- A simple, yet powerful, link building tactic – the link trio approach.
- Real life link building – three relationships you can turn into link opportunities.
- 7 social link building tips – how engagement can build links.
- Why blogger outreach campaigns will be considered spam – not actual blogger outreach, but link requests to bloggers at least.
- Does Google offer a unique value for reciprocal links? Exchanging of authoritative information and algorithmic values.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 10 ways to guarantee more sales and conversions – reassure your buyers before the sale to get more sales.
- 20 web design resources to help you build a great website – trying to make money online? Look at the design resources of a making money online expert.
- The money’s not in the list – it’s in the connections!
- Using your most viewed articles for conversions – how to find them via Google Analytics and take advantage of the traffic.
- Opening an online store: options for selling online – a look at eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and other online store alternatives.
Personal Development / Productivity
- My top 7 demotivating habits – learn how to identify and avoid these.
- Time, money, productivity, and life – 3 fallacies on putting a price on time and how to keep balance.
- How to be more persuasive – 5 proven methods.
- Appreciation – when, how, and why to tell others they are awesome!
- Interview with Leo Babauta on building healthy habits, integrating fitness into your life, and more.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- SEO’s should focus on where Google is heading – how to be where users are and shift to localization.
- The 6 flavors of SEO your company needs – different positions / SEO strategies that need to be covered for your website’s search success.
- Beginners guide to web data analytics – 10 steps on what to look for and what to do with that data when it comes to your site’s analytics.
- Comparing SEO and social media as marketing channels – what drives traffic and converts for whom.
- Facts, quotes, and notes from Pubcon – nice list of SEO, conversion, and social media tips.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How connecting your LinkedIn contacts builds social influence – another great way to use LinkedIn to build your authority.
- Save Digg! How I drove over 240,000 pageviews through new Digg, social bookmarking, and blogger outreach – a video on how to generate traffic from a variety of social bookmarking sites including the new Digg.
- The social media lexicon for dummies – a guide to terms thrown around in social media by both beginners and experts and what they really mean.
- 9 reasons why I’m not a social media expert – a reaction to a post on 9 ways to evaluate a social media expert.
- Fascinating social media facts in 2010 – a random collection of facts on social media, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogger, Wikipedia, and Foursquare.
- Ever Twitter user has a secret reputation score – this is what determines the “who to follow” matchups.
- What businesses can learn from celebrity tweeters – how to use Twitter to create the easiest, most honest press release.
- Coming soon: Twitter’s official analytics product – a look at some of the features that will be launched in 2011.
- How to use the new Twitter user interface – a guide to what to expect when you switch to the new features.
- Essential Twitter searches for your business – ways to use Twitter search for reputation management, market research, competitor research, and local lead generation.
- OptimizePress review – a theme with lots of features for creating sales pages, squeeze pages, and more.
- 15 of the most popular WordPress plugins of 2010 – I’m using five, and the rest are certainly worth a try.
- 7 WordPress plugins for a more user friendly blog plugins for search, print, broken links, breadcrumbs, comments, and site speed.
- How to set a minimum word count for WordPress posts – great way to make sure your all of your authors are writing your preferred length articles.
- How to use WordPress as an online notebook – take advantage of your drafts!
Landing Page Success Seminar
For all of you who are looking to create better landing pages to make money online selling products, you might want to check out an upcoming Landing Page Success Seminar.
This virtual conference will start on November 30th and go through December 16th. Speakers include familiar names like Brian Clark and Bryan Eisenberg, and topics covered throughout the event include conversion optimization, analytics, website design, online marketing, copywriting, keyword optimization, and much more.
Want to take a peak into the seminar? Try out the sample class – a one hour webinar on landing page optimization and customer conversion success. Register before November 22nd – save $300 and learn how to make your landing pages a success!
An Interview with Me
In case you missed it, my work did an employee profile interview with me this week. Check it out to learn more about me, including some things about my blogging, Twitter strategy, tennis, and ballroom dancing!
How to Wrap a Cat for Christmas
I thought it was time to get into the holiday spirit. Here’s a great example that ANYTHING can be wrapped for the holidays!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.