This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and a little something personal on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to improve your writing and SEO for better blog posts – this ebook has just what you need to compose more engaging blog posts for readers and optimized pages for search engines.
- 3 ways to keep readers on your site using Apture – how this popular toolbar plugin can help your site get sticky.
- 7 ways to cheat the 10,000 hour rule and still be a better blogger – did you know that scientifically, it takes 10,000 hours of practice to be the best of the best in a field? This post shows how you can get there without that kind of dedication.
- Why you don’t need to blog everyday – a small case study on bloggers who write daily vs. those who do not.
- What you don’t know about blogging – what matters between niche, frequent posting, and content.
- Facebook field guide – A simple guide to using Facebook places.
- How to manage privacy for Facebook Places – how to set your privacy options to keep your location private (and keep others from tagging your location).
- How to separate Facebook personal profiles from business pages – a great overview of privacy settings for your profile.
- Don’t fall for the latest in Facebook dislike button scams – how phishers are using this application to steal sensitive data.
- How to use the Facebook Livestream application for static content and dynamic development – learn how to implement this app so viewers can comment in real time so their wall postings will increase the visibility of your page’s content.
Infographics / Inspiration
- 12 amazing SEO infographics – must see visualizations of search engine optimization.
- The rise of text messages – an infographic of US and worldwide trends in text messaging.
- What if solar power grew as fast as Facebook – an inspiring infographic of how the world could go solar in 4.7 years if green technology advanced as fast as social technology.
- Can we date? A flowchart on whether you should date a person based on their relationship to others.
- Google Failures, Google Flops – an infographic looking at the Google products and services that have come and gone.
- 54 new link building resources – including live blog posts from the link building courses at SES SF.
- New local link building tool – a look at Local Citation Tool Finder to help you identify local competitors, get their local footprints, and see where they are getting listed.
- How an online retailer can evaluate the ROI of a link building campaign – if your client ever wonders how effective their link building is, here is a way to measure.
- What makes a strong backlink – about anchor text and link popularity.
- Market research for link building – how to find people to get links from in your industry.
Mailing Lists / Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- How to use your blog to drive social sales – from creating an offer to displaying social proof.
- Why you should use a dedicated email address for their mailing list – something to keep in mind if you want your emails to be read.
- 7 step process for writing enticing product descriptions – convert more sales with better descriptions.
- 5 ways a marketer can hurt their reputation – if you want to make sales of your own products or someone else’s, you will want to avoid these reputation mistakes.
- A killer autoresponder blueprint – how to create a mini-course in seven messages.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- Top 30 ways to reduce stress and restore balance – a must for anyone who is so busy that they are not taking care of themselves.
- The power of momentum – how to push past procrastination and build momentum toward accomplishing your goals.
- 5 reasons some people don’t like the Secret – why some are unimpressed with what others find as a life changer.
- Do you want to live a more inspired life? How to turn on the inspiration tap.
- How to start from nothing – how to evaluate the things you really have when you feel like you have nothing but problems or nothing at all and learn to focus on what you want.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Is Google treating brand names in search terms as site: searches? How SERPs are changing to favor big brands.
- Need to know local search marketing terms – what you need to know when setting your site up on local search and review sites.
- Search engine traffic drops – how to diagnose and fix the problems in step-by-step detail.
- How to optimize YouTube videos for Google – beyond just the title, description, and tags – what makes your video move up in search rankings.
- A comprehensive, intro guide to SEO powerpoint -a great slide deck to learn about search engine optimization.
- Why Google Adwords Keyword Tool shouldn’t be used for SEO – a case study of the numbers discrepancy.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Top 25 social media keyword search tools – learn the latest news in your niche or industry with these blogging, forum, and social media search engines.
- Influencing the influencer – learn about the new social media influencer, plus look at how tools like Klout measure influence.
- Email and social media: the horse goes in front – why social media should be integrated with email marketing.
- Foursquare marketing guide – 14 tips on how to effectively market your business through Foursquare with examples of successful Foursquare marketing campaigns.
- Understand social media in 3 words – with a clip from Field of Dreams.
- Can you make money on Twitter – a look at Twitter monetizing options.
- 5 things I notice about Twitter and why it is awesome – 5 reasons to love Twitter.
- An interview with the infamous Twitter fail whale – which was originally known as “lifing a dreamer.”
- Why the new tweet button won’t kill Tweetmeme – some reasons why Tweetmeme is still better.
- The new Tweet button – a look at the benefits and the problems it is creating.
- How to edit the WordPress RSS feed – great tutorial for adding posts and pages to feeds, adding thumbnails, excluding posts, specifying categories, and more.
- Top 10 favorite WordPress plugins from a pregnant chick – female favorites!
- 35 beautiful and free WordPress 3.0 themes – a great collection of awesome WordPress designs.
- Why web designers are becoming WordPress designers – a guide to the resources you need to get started in creating custom WordPress designs.
- 21 popular .htaccess hacks for WordPress – improve your sites security, functionality, and usability with these hacks.
As some of you may know, one of my favorite things to do when I’m off of my computer (rare, I know) is ballroom dancing with my husband. This is the video from our showcase performance in June. I’m not sure what’s up with the greyness at the beginning, but it goes away before the dance starts. I hope you enjoy!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.