This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, April Fool’s Day prank recap, and what’s coming up on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
Blogging / Writing
- 100 ways to write a better blog post
- What makes a blog post successful
- 4 invaluable blog SEO tactics you should not ignore and 3 fresh SEO tips
- Guest bloggers to follow on Twitter Part 1 and Part 2
- How to Guest blogging contest beginning and coming to a strong finish
Business / Career / Finance
- Adwords reports that can increase conversions and save you money Part 1 and Part 2
- Writing your 30 second elevator pitch just got easier with Buzzuka
- The psychology of spending – 25 tricks you need to know
- How to find your soul job
- How infographics help decision making process
Design / Inspiration
- 5 tips to effectively promote your design articles
- 4 people you should ask for website feedback
- Fascination with the infographic
- Blind design – 10 websites that shouldn’t exist
- The ultimate guide to Twitter theme design
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- Top 4 inspirational stories and videos
- 20 practical time management tips
- 23 ways blogging has changed me
- Why risk being successful in unhappiness
- Dream big, act bigger
Photography / Digital Art
- 5 candid photography tips for shooting from the hip
- 52 worst photoshop mistakes in magazines
- 35 funny animal photo manipulations
- 40 breathtaking photos from National Geographic photo contest
- Breathtaking examples of long exposure photography
Search Engines / SEO
- Pitching link requests – how to be more successful more often
- Everything you need to know about link building
- What determines the value of a domain name
- Use video, maps and twitter to get on top of Google
- Changing Yahoo search settings
- Optimize Google Buzz for social network benefits
- 10 social media blogs you should be following
- How to improve your online social life
- 10 social media monitoring and analytics tools
- 5 simple social design tips from the masters
Software / Security / Tech
- Top 5 internet security suites of 2010
- Best Android apps to save money
- 20 Mac apps you’ll use every day
- 8 Twitter apps for your iPad
- Webtrends for measuring Facebook analytics
- Advanced WordPress comment styles and tricks
- Building a freelance career around WordPress
- 7 WordPress plugins for a technical support site
- 11 must install WordPress plugins for multi-author blogs
- BuddyPress inspiration – Amplify
April Fools Recap
April foolery was amuck all over the web yesterday, with articles on popular blogs selling out to Google, being purchased by the Christian Monitor, shutting down Third Tribe, creating Facebook status optimizers, and announcing Google’s own SEO agency. Those are just a small few of many – TechCrunch has a nice roundup of more for those interested in the best online April Fools pranks.
Coming Up on the Kikolani Network
Next week, we return to our regularly scheduled programming with posts by yours truly. I thank all of my recent guest authors for the wonderful articles while I was off posting elsewhere and dealing with some personal issues. Upcoming topics for next week will include how businesses should use social media and why bloggers should be utilizing HootSuite.
Rainbow Bridge Angels
On a personal note, the issues I mentioned above had to do with my pets. Several weeks ago, I found out our oldest cat, Stalker, had cancer. It was pretty hard to deal with, especially since he was my first cat that I adopted 9 years ago. By the time I had almost come to terms with Stalker, we found out our 8 month old kitten Tasha had FIP, a fatal and incurable disease. Within the next week, we lost both of them.
As part of the healing process, I created Rainbow Bridge Angels, a site dedicated to the pets that have touched my family’s lives. The following are two videos of these wonderful kitties – cute kitten moments with Tasha and a funny clip of how Stalker would follow me everywhere I went through the house (with Tasha following him).
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.