This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content Marketing
- Headsmacking Tip #21: Write Better Headlines Than Anyone Else – This tactic is so simple and obvious, it’s probably illegal somewhere.
- The Marketerâ€™s Guide to Information Visualization: How to Rock Infographics, Shareables, and Slideshows – Thatâ€™s why today, Iâ€™m going to reveal how you can get aboard the visualization marketing gravy train, where to find the best resources, and how to get graphics done without breaking the bank.
- How to Squash Anxiety and Kill Your Inner Blogging Critic – How to quiet your inner critic so you can reap the benefits of business blogging once and for all.
- Why Your Post Style and Structure is Killing Your Blog – Something a lot of bloggers donâ€™t realize is that how your posts are presented is often just as important as what they say.
- Pay With a Tweet vs. Pay With an Email [Case Study with Infographic] – Which method will win in this A/B test for downloading and eBook by supplying an email or tweeting about it? Find out.
Business / Career
- 19 Ways to Promote Your Ebook – What follows are 19 tips; some you know doubt know about and implement, others may be new to you. Here’s the question I asked on LinkedIn to find out how savvy entrepreneurs are promoting their ebooks.
- 30 Free Ways To Market Your Small Business Site – There are at least 30 ways to market your website with a time investment and no credit card required. Some of these are oldies but goodies, while others are newer and exciting avenues you may not have tried out yet.
- 10 Tips for Creating a Power Network – My business is not on steroid growth because Iâ€™m a genius or have a secret formula of success. My business is growing because of what I like to call â€œThe Power Networkâ€.
- 9 Little-Known Rules to Supercharge Your Productivity on the Road – Productivity is not about working. Itâ€™s about accomplishing what matters to you and you can apply these rules to your personal agenda.
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Contact Form Conversion Rate – Five tips to maximize how many people fill out your contact form.
- Simplicity and the Successful Freelancer – To me, simplicity means simplifying life as much as practical so I have more time for my truly important goals, from business to family to personal development. There are four broad principles you can apply to simplify your life.
- The Rule of 10s for Launching Your Freelance Business – Follow these â€˜ten rules of tenâ€™ to launch your own freelance career:
- Freelancing: a Complete Guide to Setting and Negotiating Rates – Setting and negotiating rates can seem like one of the most complicated and intimidating parts of freelancing, but it really doesnâ€™t have to be. Today I am going to give you an in-depth overview of how to set and negotiate rates with prospective and existing clients.
- What to Do After You Get Fired From Your Freelance Writing Gig – ÂÂÂÂSix things you can learn from this freelance writer’s experience of getting fired.
- 5 Things I Learned From My First Year of Freelancing – Here are five key things about running a freelancing business I picked up this year.
Search Engines / SEO
- How to Attract .Edu Links Through Blogger Outreach – Does your outreach strategy include building relationships with college students? Learn how to get placements on university blogs in these 3 simple steps.
- How to Protect Your Site from Negative SEO – Although Google is already finding solutions on how they can combat this practice, like the most awaited â€œDisavow links featureâ€ for Google Webmaster Tools, there are still other existing ways to protect your site from Negative SEO and to recover from the attacks if in case your rankings have been already affected.
- What Marketers Need to Know About the Bing in 2012 – Bing has gone through a lot of changes in 2012. Learn about them, including some great new features in Bing’s Webmaster Tools.
- How To Avoid an On-Page SEO Over-Optimization Penalty [Post-Penguin Era] – Google has become increasingly tough on websites and is handing out on and off-page over-optimization penalties at a rate never seen before. Here are the 5 most important tips for most bloggers and webmasters to avoid a Google penalty. Don’t be a victim of the next Google Panda or Penguin webspam update!
- How Social Signals Could Potentially Influence Local Search Results – If youâ€™re a business that can take advantage of social media locally, what steps can you take to prepare yourself for if and when check-ins and geo-social factors become a more prevalent signal in the local algorithm?
Social Media / Social Networking
- 5 New Twitter Features to Enhance Your Experience – New Twitter features: how to get the most relevant tweets and stories, weekly email digest, tailored trends, and more.
- A Time-Saving System to Finding News That You Care About – This post will give you a systematic approach to finding news that you care about in a quick and efficient manner.
- 12 B2B Facebook Cover Photos to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing – Look at these 12 examples of excellent Facebook Timeline cover photos from B2B organizations.
- What is the Key Ingredient for Successfully Adding Social Media to Your Marketing Mix? To successfully add social media to the marketing mix, your organization must not only have forward-thinking leadership, but it is crucial that the business have a healthy culture, which starts with leadership. And make no mistake, this â€œhealthy cultureâ€ has nothing to do with your employeesâ€™ sick leave usage rates.
- 7 Steps For Getting More Instagram Followers – After over a year managing one of the most active Instagram communities and starting a company based on Instagram, Iâ€™ve learned some key strategies and best practices for a new brand interested in connecting with people on Instagram.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo is of Bridal Veil Falls in Yosemite National Park.
I’m obsessed with just about everything baby lately. Including meerkats! 🙂