This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 7 Blog Design Tips from a Content Strategist – For blog design, content issues are particularly important to pay attention to, because, fundamentally, the purpose of a blog is to deliver quality content to a strategically defined audience or community.
- The Ultimate Guide to Guest Blogging for Writers – Effective guest blogging means doing it in a way that is organically right for you, your writerâ€™s sensibilities, your business goals, and your personality.
- 3 Ways To Get Quality Content On your Blog Or Website With A Minimum Of Effort – Here are three ways you can take to help maintain your publishing schedule in terms of both frequency and quality content.
- 17 Ways to Turn Your Blog Readers into Loyal Fans – Itâ€™s important that instead of just asking readers to buy stuff from us, we invest a little time to find out more about them: their businesses, hopes, aspirations and yes, their challenges.
- 9 Awesome iPad Apps for Bloggers/Webmasters – Apps every blogger/webmaster must have for their online business.
Business / Career
- 15 Awesome Android Apps for Small Business – Here are 15 Android apps that can help you streamline your business activities, save time, and generally make your life easier.
- 54 Books Every Business Owner And Marketer Must Read – If you are doing your own marketing then you need to read and implement the ideas of every book on this list to find out what works today.
- Seven Entrepreneurial Lessons Learned on the Serengeti – While watching animals fighting for survival, the author was struck by how they were able to not just survive, but thrive by using many of the same tactics that are used by successful businesses.
- Success Secrets from an Internet Millionaire – Advice on starting an eBook, productivity, success, traffic, and more.
- 4 Simple Tools for Creating an Infographic Resume – To spruce up your resume, check out these four tools for creating an infographic CV.
Personal Development / Productivity
- The Effortless Life: A Manual for Contentment, Mindfulness, & Flow – This ebook was meant to share ways to make life less of a struggle, to help you find contentment in a world where little exists, to instill a bit of mindfulness in an age of distractions.
- The Anatomy of Self-Sabotage and How to Crush It – Self-sabotage can how up in many forms, change our mind, our thoughts, our perspective and worst of all, our actions. Beware of self-sabotage and how to crush it!
- How Are You Spending Your Days – Youâ€™ve got to take action, take control of your life and spend your time now doing the things that matter to you.
- 10 Ways to Practice Radical Self-Care – There are several layers of self-care. There are the things you do in the moment, as they are needed. There are the things you do habitually or perhaps ritualistically. And then there are the frameworks you build to create a nurturing, on-going atmosphere of self-care.
- When You Feel Like Giving Up – Many fellow passion seekers have thrown in the towel because theyâ€™ve misinterpreted their thoughts and feelings.
Search Engines / SEO
- 15 â€œGoogle-Proofâ€ Ways to Create a Quality Niche Site – Your first concern is to create a quality web experience for the end user. Only then should you worry about monetizing a niche site.
- 7 Lessons Learned Running an SEO Agency – If you want to create a big SEO agency thatâ€™s printing cash, itâ€™s still possible. All you have to do is learn from the author’s mistakes.
- Why Content for SEO – Braftonâ€™s infographic explores how content is key to search engine visibility.
- Optimizing 3 Types of Content on YouTube, Flickr, SlideShare – The following are three different types of media you can optimize on other networks with strong domain authority.
- Reactions From SEOs Come Loud, Fast & Often Angry To Googleâ€™s Switch To Encrypted Search – Google caused a major stir in the search marketing community today with the news that it will begin encrypting searches and outbound clicks by default in some situations.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Beginnerâ€™s Guide to Google+ – This post will help you establish your personal brand on Google+.
- The Reality Of Generating Business Through Social Media – A look at generating business through social media, and actually making money.
- 3 Types Of Essential Social Media Tools For Marketers – Here are 25 great tools and resources that can help you save time and make you money.
- 36 Leading Social Networking Sites for Business Professionals and Entrepreneurs – Here is a list of 36 additional leading social networking sites for business professionals and entrepreneurs including startups that are worth a look.
- 7 Quick Ways to Turn Your LinkedIn Profile into a Social Media Marketing Workhorse – Here are 7 ways to enhance the copy on your profile to ensure that you get everything you want from LinkedIn.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from a little wildlife park called Bearizona. I recently dreamt over and over again that I was trying to take a photo of an owl, but something would make me unable to (camera was stuck, owl flew away, etc.). Fortunately, nothing went wrong when I got the chance for this closeup!
Baby Monkey Gets a Bath
Is there anything sweeter!?!