This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How to Turn Your RSS Reader Into a Topic Generation Machine – In this post, we’re going to look at how you can combine them all in your RSS reader and turn it into a topic generating machine.
- Traffic Generation for Writers: How to Get All the Traffic You Want – In this article Onibalusi gives you some pointers on how to generate traffic as a writer without stressing yourself and without having to spend a dollar.
- 22 Ways to Create Compelling Content When You Don’t Have a Clue [Infographic] – The graphic is based on 21 Ways to Create Compelling Content When You Don’t Have a Clue by Danny Iny. We’ve re-imagined the way to present these content-creation tips, while adding a meta-fabulous #22 (you’ll see why).
- How to Beat Writer’s Block the Hard Way – Sick and tired of writer’s block beating you? Fight back and beat writer’s block the hard way.
- These 7 Simple Tweaks Will Get You More Blog Retweets – The good news is that you can fix your posts “retweetability” with a few simple tweaks. So, get out your wrench and make these adjustments:
Business / Career
- 20+ Online Networking Opportunities for Job Seekers – Looking to get a leg up on your professionally-oriented social media? Here are 20 sites that can give you a networking edge.
- 20 Landing Page Designs Get Picked Apart & Analyzed for Conversion – James is not going to give you 20 landing pages that work – or 20 pages that don’t. He’s going to give you a mix of the good, the bad and the in between.
- How to Figure Out What People Want To Buy From You – One of the easiest ways to make money from a blog is to sell stuff. Question is what do people buy? Read this article and discover what people buy.
- The 8 Questions That Create Perfect Landing Page Copy – The questions are divided into two groups: 4 you should ask yourself before you start writing your first draft, and 4 you should ask yourself after you’ve written your first draft.
- Why the 21st Century Author is an Internet Entrepreneur – Comparing the classic definition of an entrepreneur with an author who generated $2 million dollars in writing revenue.
- 5 Ways to Strategically Price Your Freelance Rates – Freelancers are independent professionals, as deserving to be taken seriously as any agency or corporation you compete with—it’s about time you start bolstering your professional brand by internalizing the belief that you have something invaluable and unique to offer.
- Why I Updated My Freelance Writer Resume – Your freelance writer resume is crucial for selling you and your writing skills to editors and other potential clients. Here’s why and how John updated his.
- 10 Evergreen Strategies To Boost Your Freelance Writing Career – Every business that’s done online revolves around content marketing. In fact, the web is powered mostly by written words. Your ability to combine common words into concise sentences could lead to income opportunities for you.
- How to Get Well-Paid Copywriting Jobs Without Being a Suck-Up – Tired of feeling like you have to kiss up to prospective clients? It doesn’t have to be like that. I found a way to get copywriting work by just being honest.
- 5 Tools For Managing Your Business Cash Flow – If you are struggling to stay on top of your balance sheets, the following roundup of five free cash flow management tools might be just what you need.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 9 Ways to Overcome Negative Emotions – Nine tips that have enabled Daniel to keep his negative emotions in check.
- How to Prevent Others From Interrupting Your Productivity – What do you do when co-workers are preventing you from getting things done?
- Dealing with Uncertainty: 5 Tips to Create Trust and Patience – As you begin to trust that the unknown is a good thing, you will find yourself creating a much happier story for each uncertain situation, and that is precisely what will begin to manifest as your life.
- It’s Not Too Late to Change Your Habits – Changing bad habits is not impossible. No matter how long you’ve done them, no matter how many decades. It can be done. By you. By taking a single step.
- 12 Things Highly Productive People Do Differently – What behaviors define highly productive people? What habits and strategies make them consistently more productive than others? And what can you do to increase your own productivity? Here are some ideas to get you started
Search Engines / SEO
- 8 Simple SEO Tricks That’ll Help You Rank Above the Fold and Increase Your CTR – It’s important to rank high…but ranking high alone is not enough. You also have to make your link irresistible.
- The Panda Update, 1 Year Later: A Guide to What We Know – One year later, we know a lot more about Panda, with several clients recovering from the update. Carson compiled what we now know about Panda-citis and how to cure the affliction.
- 13 Ways to Use Fiverr.com as the ULTIMATE Link Building Service – Looking for a link building service. This post shows how you can use Fiverr.com as the ultimate place to get backlinks for your niche site.
- How to Write Title Tags For Search Engine Optimization – Today we’re going back to basics! And nothing is more basically important to a site than properly written title tags.
- The Local Search Ecosystem in 2012 – A look into all of the sites that are an important part of local search marketing.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 20 Days to a High-Quality, Highly-Engaged Twitter Following – You can have a high quality following in just 20 days, only spending 20 minutes a day, and by engaging in the following activities.
- 28 Posts + 1 Big Tip to Help You Get Really, Really Big on Twitter – Here are 28 articles that will help you get really big on Twitter. The author has read all of these (some a few times) over the years and think they have some great insights to provide.
- 10 Ways to Deal With Upset Customers Using Social Media – How to turn negative social interactions around: convert all customers into loyal fans, earn new fans, and generate respect.
- The Bro’s Guide To Pinterest – Just because Pinterest is a female-dominated network doesn’t mean men don’t fit in. In this post, learn how to leverage this network as a male user or male-focused brand.
- 7 Unbelievably Cool Facebook Ad Tactics – Here are seven techniques to get the most out of sponsored stories.
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo comes from Gold King Mine Ghost Town in Jerome, Arizona – the place where I discovered my love of not eating chicken, but photographing them! This was taken with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 and edited in Adobe Lightroom.
Bath Time for Baby Sloths
Because no one can resist baby sloths!