This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, Blog World confirmed, and a farewell video from the Old Spice man on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Blogs I Follow – this is the best way to organize your commenting strategy, Alltop style.
- 15 blogs to follow if you want to kick ass online – these blogs cover everything bloggers need from straight up blogging tips to SEO, social media, and marketing strategies.
- 7 not so obvious ways to get inside your readers’ circle of trust – if you liked Meet the Parents (or even if you didn’t), this shows you how to get inside the circle of trust, even when it’s difficult.
- 100 great writing tips from the world’s top bloggers – great compilation of ways to make your writing better!
- Why bloggers should care about Google suggest and online reputation management – is blogging so last year, for losers, or dead? How to combat the scam.
Business / Career / Finance
- 5 things to keep off social networking profiles if you’ll ever be job hunting – this goes to freelancers and professionals as well.
- Best advice for your Internet business – not what you want to hear, but a smart move nonetheless.
- Starting a business: the key to behavioral change – the 2 main things people get stuck on when thinking about starting their own business.
- Top 3 sites to learn about entrepreneurship – great sites with a ton of information!
- 7 personality types of clients today – psychology of your clients and how to deal with them.
- 4 simple steps to control your Facebook privacy – until they change something again.
- Facebook pisses off users again – you may not have seen the latest change to pages, but it’s coming.
- Facebook marketing: ultimate guide – from configuring your page to promoting it on and off of Facebook.
- 10 cool Facebook status update tricks – I didn’t know you could schedule Facebook updates outside of HootSuite.
- Facebook and SEO – should you care, what is the value, and going beyond the basics.
Humor / Infographics / Inspiration
- How to win rock paper scissors every time – now I’ll never have to take out the trash again!
- Inspiration on creating a great website footer – 5 important things to include and 20 designs for your inspiration.
- 10 fresh galleries for web design inspiration – if your creativity needs a jumpstart, here are great places to get it!
- 50 creative cake designs around the world – inspiring and tasty looking.
- 30 innovative icon based navigation menus –
- Getting the best high volume links – a guide to getting your clients the kind of links that their competitors are getting, even if they are lower quality.
- 7 things more important than dofollow links – simple yet great advice, and perfect example of using a video transcript summary.
- Top 7 ways to increase link popularity with content – if you’re not getting links, your next step is to become more link worthy.
- How to find and drain link juice – don’t miss out on these wasted SEO opportunities.
- 18 examples of awesome viral linkbait – the best videos, infographics, and more.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- Affiliate marketing and ebook over pricing – your thoughts on justifying the price tag of a product.
- Online visibility tip: create and use video testimonials – an essential way to increase your credibility, necessary especially if you are planning to sell products or services.
- How to develop an endless source of ideas that sell – how to go from inspiration, ideation, to implementation.
- Avoiding obnoxious product launch syndrome – why to choose a soft product launch.
- Make money using Google Webmaster Tools – how to use your CTR analytics for better ads and focus.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- Don’t worry, be happy – learn how to choose to be happy.
- How to deal with rude people – third part of the series.
- Top 6 ways to build self respect and improve self esteem – great tips for ending the cycle of self destruction that is the result of lack of self respect.
- How to reprogram your mind for self improvement –
- 50 ways to start fresh – if you need to renew what the meaning of life is, this is a great list of ways to do so.
Photography / Digital Art
- How to find free stunning images for your blog – nothing makes a plain old text post more spectacular than good images.
- 100 Photoshop tutorials for learning photo manipulation – some amazing things that can be done with an ordinary photo and extraordinary graphics skills.
- 40 beautiful macro photos that will inspire you – amazing close-up photography.
- Beautiful examples of bokeh photography – plus some great tutorials.
- Showcase of beautiful photography – a variety of animal, landscape, macro, and other great photos.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Local search optimization with David Mihm – interesting thoughts on local search, including a reference to how you can dominate Google maps without a physical address.
- SEM reports for pros – four search marketing reports that will help you answer the question of what is search marketing doing for you (or your client).
- How to compare Google Webmaster Tools data with Google Analytics – spreadsheet and formula to help you get the most out of your analytics combined.
- 6 ways to learn SEO – a chart of knowledge and experience levels, plus 6 great resources to learn more about SEO.
- Tips to use Google Keywords Adwords Tools effectively – 4 ways to get the best out of keyword research.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How dogs use social media – a cute guide to pet friendly social networking.
- The Social Media Playbook – a free eBook on best practices for blogs, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, Foursquare, Buzz, and more.
- 15 sites to monitor your social brand presence – some great tools to find out where you are mentioned on the Internet.
- 10 reasons market research is critical to social media – learn more about your customers / followers before enaging with them for better results.
- 5 ways to battle social media stump – if you’ve gotten to the point you’re saying “now what” then these 5 ideas will help you get on track.
- How to find the most influential Twitterers in your niche – a guide to finding them, following them, and interacting!
- Tweet branding and scheduling using MarketMe Tweet – a nice Twitter managment tool for someone looking for more premium features. The branding is especially intriguing.
- 8 insightful Twitter search queries – a bit older post, but great ideas!
- Five mistakes you’re still making on Twitter – are you sharing too much?
- tlists: Search, curate, and join Twitter lists – what you can do with this Twitter list service.
- Get your blog to load faster with W3 Total Cache – why you should choose this over WP Super Cache.
- How to use BuddyPress as a blog collaboration system – you remember my post on the benefits of blog collaboration groups? Here’s a way to build one.
- Turning off the Akismet auto deletion feature – plus why you should do it!
- Getting started with WordPress custom menus – a guide to version 3.0.
- How to select the number of items in the WordPress admin – change the default number of posts, pages, comments, etc. displayed in the admin dashboard.
What’s New at Kikolani
Ever wonder what makes this site tick? I have created a new blogging resources page with my educational, networking, and WordPress resources including a list of all plugins currently running here. I’ll be adding more to it as time goes by, so be sure to check it out!
Officially Signed Up for Blog World Expo
In case you missed my tweets this week, I am officially signed up for the full access pass to Blog World Expo in Vegas on October 14 – 16th. Even if you missed out on the early bird pricing, you can still save off of the full registration price if you register before September 16. Discount code EBIRD will get you an additional %20 off. I’m looking forward to seeing some of my readers there! Be sure to keep an eye on the Blog World Blog for the latest news on speakers and confirmed tracks!
Old Spice Man
Here is the final video in a series of one of the funniest social media / Youtube campaigns
of the week ever by Old Spice where they answered questions from Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube comments. If you missed it, be prepared to take a few hours catching up on answers to questions from everyday people and celebrities including Alyssa Milano, Kevin Rose, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, and more.