This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Promotions
Here are this year’s best Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions in education, themes, plugins, and services.
- NMX 2013 (Formerly BlogWorld Expo) – Save an additional 20% off of already discounted passes using the discount code THANKS20 by Saturday.
- FBInfluence – Amy Porterfield, author of Facebook Marketing All-in-One for Dummies, is officially relaunching the Facebook Influence program at noon EST on Black Friday. Learn how to get real traffic, leads, and profits from your Facebook page. You can’t go wrong with Facebook education when Mari Smith and Mike Stelzner of Social Media Examiner give it a thumbs up! Lots of great bonuses included (a $1,770 value) – get it now for only $97.
- Blog Topics – Running out of ideas? Chris Brogan created a weekly series of emails with 10 new blog topic ideas and ways to use them. Now you can get the 45 weeks’ worth of emails – 450 blog topics – plus solid writing advice for $77.60 (normally $97) with the discount code INSIDER.
- Blog Topics Master Class – Need more than just topic ideas? Chris Brogan also offers a in-depth class with 16 weeks of writing advice, video tutorials, live interactive sessions with Chris Brogan, two blog or writing critiques, and unlimited email access during the course. Get this course for $516 (normally $795) with the discount code INSIDER and subscribing to the Human Business Works newsletter. You can also do three payments of $172 with the discounts.
- Blog Post Promotion Guide – Get a copy of my popular Blog Post Promotion Guide which helps bloggers promote their own posts, guest posts, contest posts, and posts for clients for $12.50 – that’s half off the regular price with free access to future revisions. Use discount code BFRICMON today through Monday the 26th at 11:59PM PST.
- 10 Week Gameplan for a Top 100k Blog – Kiesha Easley of We Blog Better recently released this ebook on how to take your blog from set-up to top 100K Alexa ranking in 10 weeks or less as well as monetize it. Get your copy for $7 (normally $16) using the discount code THANKSGIVING today through Monday the 26th at midnight EST.
- Problogging Action Plan – Jane Sheeba of Problogging Success is offering a 50% discount on her ebook through Cyber Monday with the discount code blackfriday2012. This book is geared for newbie bloggers, bloggers who aren’t getting the results they want, and those who want to start blogging with the goal of making money online.
WordPress Themes & Plugins
- StudioPress – Need new WordPress themes? StudioPress is offering 25% off of the Genesis Framework, child themes, and Pro Plus Package. The best deal – the Pro Plus Package – gets you all of the current and future StudioPress themes for $262.46 (normally $349.95). This is perfect if you have lots of WordPress sites or if you are a WordPress consultant. If you have previously purchased the Genesis Framework and one or two child themes, you also get the returning customer discount which makes it $209.97 for the Pro Plus Package. The sale ends at 5PM PST on Monday the 26th.
- Premise – Planning to create digital product downloads, sales pages, landing pages, or membership gateways to make money online? Premise is the complete digital sales and marketing system for WordPress. Get it now for $95 (normally $165). The sale ends at 5PM PST on Monday the 26th.
- CommentLuv Premium – Want to get more out of CommentLuv, the plugin that allows comment authors on your blog to leave behind a link to their latest posts? How about getting CommentLuv, GASP (the simple anti-spam captcha checkbox), and Twitterlink (the plugin that allows you to leave a link to your Twitter handle with comments) plus advanced features all in one? Get it now for an unlimited number of sites for $97 (normally $197) .
- HostGator – Huge discounts including 50% off web hosting and $1.95 domain name registration (when purchased with web hosting) starting at midnight CST on the 26th until 11:59PM CST.
- WP Engine – Get $25 off of each month for the first 2 months of WordPress hosting service with the coupon code blackcyber. Discount starts at midnight on the 23rd and is good through Monday the 26th.
- Amazon – Amazon has been offering amazing prices all week on just about anything as a part of Black Friday Deals Week. Be sure not to miss it!
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- 18 Ways to Create Unique Content From Survey Results – Market surveys can be a rich source of unique, original content. What follows will be real examples of the content that can be created and a summary of 18 different types of content that can be generated from survey results.
- Put the Person Back in Content Marketing Personas: 10 Easy Steps – Find out how to put the “person” back in contact marketing personas by walking through practical ways to understand exactly what your customer wants to consume.
- Kill It In Content Creation By Knowing Your Customer Conversion Funnel – The customer conversion funnel is essential to content development. Learn what it is, why you should know it, and how to discover it.
- Why a Popular Posts Widget may be a Bad Idea for Your Blog’s Sidebar – It’s common practice to display the most popular posts on the sidebar of a blog, but does it truly help readers?
- The Benefits of Multi-Author Blogs – Here are 5 reasons that you should consider a multi-author approach as you plan and execute on your future as a digital publisher.
Business / Career
- 13 Delicious Landing Pages Get Critiqued for Conversion – Finding good landing pages is hard, but I found 13 great ones in the Unbounce archives. Check out the designs and conversion critiques.
- How to Land the Fastest Growing, Highest Demand Careers and Jobs – Everything you need to know to find a job even if you think there aren’t any.
- Are You Paid What You’re Worth? 11 Strategies To Earn More Money – 11 experts answer the question – What’s the best strategy to make sure you get paid what you’re worth (whether by your boss or a client)?
- From Corporate to Self-Employed: How to Adjust to Being Your Own Boss – Going from corporate employee to self-employed takes work. Here are 9 useful truths in adjusting to being your own boss.
- Why I’m Thankful Despite The Recent Chaos With My Online Businesses – While most entrepreneurs mostly talk about their successes and their triumphs, I thought that I’d switch things up a bit and share with you some of the hardships that I’ve had to deal with these past few weeks with all of my businesses.
- 7 Habits of Highly Prolific Writers – Do you want to be able to write fast – and with ease? Check out these seven habits of highly prolific writers.
- Facebook for Freelancers: Groups, Pages or Profiles? Once you’ve decided Facebook is right for you as a freelancer, you’re ready to put together an action plan on how you’ll use it to promote your business and market your services. There are the three set-ups Facebook offers, and each has its advantages and disadvantages.
- 60 Resources for Freelance Writers – All Freelance Writing brings you 60 resources for freelance writers aspiring to start or grow their freelance writing career.
- 7 Pricing Strategies Based on Research Studies – Get a few tips on ways to improve the pricing of your services by looking at a few research studies on people’s buying behaviors.
- How To Build Confidence in Your Writing Ability – The confidence is buried deeply, and the good news is that there are steps you can take to tease it out to the fore. Here are some of the things you have to do in order to find and build confidence in your writing ability.
Search Engines / SEO
- 7 Scalable Link Building Strategies for 2013 – Want to start investing in more scalable link building strategies? Here are seven to consider adding to your SEO campaign for 2013.
- How I Create SEO Optimized Content for My Authority Site – Learn how I produce SEO optimized content for my authority site with the aim of it ranking in popular search engines such as Google!
- 15 SEO Experts Shared Their Best Small Business SEO Tip – Want to improve your small business seo? Are you struggling to get free leads from search engines? Check out the best tips from SEO Experts.
- 7 Link Quality Metrics That Matter – Focusing on links that have the most actual value (not taking SEO into consideration) will net you the links that the search engines want to value the most. Here’s what you need to know to help you measure the quality of a link.
- How to Compose Link Requests That Get Positive Responses – The link request is probably one of the most crucial parts of link building. If done correctly, you will ultimately get your link. If not, then you will lose the opportunity. The following are some tips to make sure that you get the link you want by composing a great link request.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 30 Amazing Marketing Tools, Tips & Tricks We’re Thankful For – Read through some of the best tools, tricks, and tips for marketers that make us thankful.
- 47 Social Media Facts & What They Mean For Your Marketing – As social media continues to evolve and mature, so does the ways marketers use it and how they integrate it into their marketing plans. To help you maximize the effectiveness of your social media efforts, here are 47 social media facts and what they mean for your marketing and your 2013 marketing plans.
- 5 Tips for Creating Pinterest Images That People Love to Share – Learn how to create the best photos and images to bring more traffic to your website, and get more pins and repins on Pinterest.
- The Science of Instagram: How to Get More Followers and Likes – Learn what causes users to like images, what causes them to follow others, and how you can get more people to find your images.
- 9 Tips for Integrating Your Facebook Page With Your Facebook Profile – Everything you need to know about the differences between your personal profile on Facebook and your Facebook Page and how to navigate between them.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo is another night sky shot from Cedar Breaks in Southern Utah featuring the Milky Way.