This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, online business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Too busy to blog? 7 ways to blog more – how to make more time for blogging and find inspiration.
- 7 mistakes that lead to guest post failure – things to avoid if you want to have a successful guest blogging career.
- 9 ways to spice up any blog post fast – great tips on how to give that blog post a little something extra.
- 17 blog archive examples – a look at good (and not so good) blog archives and how you can create one for your site.
- 101 resources to help you become a better blogger – huge list of blogging resources.
Online Business / Personal Branding
- How to write a free report that lands you thousands of new subscribers – great tips on creating content to build your mailing list.
- 9 ways to start a new local business using Facebook, Twitter, Groupon, and Google – it’s not as expensive as you think to start a local business with the right online resources.
- How to turn your passion to profits and create your online empire – a great book review that will help you turn what you are passionate about into an online business.
- 5 reasons why your online presence will replace your resume in 10 years – I personally think it’s already happening, thanks to LinkedIn and other online resume / portfolio networks.
- How to create a profitable Facebook ad campaign – a nice run through of the right settings to setting up a successful Facebook ad.
Personal Development / Productivity
- How to find job satisfaction – the benefits of job satisfaction, and five ways to find it.
- The greatest discover of all: getting to know yourself – includes a great mini-guide on how to get to know yourself.
- How to internally align with financial abundance – how to clear our minds to see opportunities to gain financial abundance.
- 6 tips for work / life balance for people with big dreams – how to have it all and not burn out.
- A love letter to you: what is your life purpose? Who do you think you are, and what do you think you want?
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- 5 free tools for competitor keyword research – want to target more keywords in your SEO campaign? Check out thse tools that will help you find the keywords your competitors target.
- How to rank #1 in Google – lots of great SEO resources all jammed into one post.
- The SEO industry needs to grow a pair – a look at the commentary on the fallout of the JC Penny / Overstock outings.
- SppyFu Recon Files – start showing real SEO value wiht this new tool (don’t miss the free example report to see just what you’ll be getting).
- i’m ranking, so where’s my traffic? Answers to a common question about why your rankings are not getting you traffic.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Essential guide to Facebook pages changes – lots of great information plus screenshots with guidelines on what you can do with the new Facebook.
- How to double your retweets in two days – includes a helpful chart with a “sweet spot” for when to tweet.
- 7 annoying social media personality disorders – the same kinds of people you don’t like in real life are online too.
- Brilliant bloggers talk about Klout – a roundup of great articles about social influence and Klout.
- TwitterCounter: Strategy to increase followers – looking to grow your Twitter network? Try this tip!
- 22 hot new social media tools worth exploring – a collection of social media applications, services, and resources from the Social Media Examiner contributors.
Blog Headline Action Guide & Toolkit
I get a lot of random review requests in my inbox, and sometimes, depending on how busy I am, they get a little lost in the pile. One that did catch my eye was from Jered of PlugChug Blogging Solutions.
I hadn’t heard of him before, but he had heard of me through his partner, Jean Sarauer, who created Virgin Blogger Notes. Because she was a great blogger (who has since moved on to bigger and better things), I thought this would be a great product, so I took the time to read it.
They created a guide called the Blog Headline Acition Guide & Toolkit (aff link). This eBook covers the following topics:
- Why Strong Headlines Increase Traffic, Subscribers, and Sales
- The Essentials of Irresistable Headlines
- 9 Simple Steps to Writing a Great Headline
- How to Evaluate & Transform Your Headlines
The real value of this eBook is the last part – the toolkit. There are 28 tips, a checklist, and a 5 step headline worksheet to help you construct the best headlines for your posts, plus an additional 175 ready-to-use headline formulas. Just rework them to fit with your niche and you will have a killer headline!
This eBook is only $27, which is quite a good deal for the amount of content they provide. As a bonus, you will also get monthly headline training updates in the form of video, as well as a one on one email session with the main author of the book. Definitely one to checkout if you have trouble writing great blog post titles (like I do).
I Are Cute Kitten
Yes I am in a kitten kick right now. Here’s another video that should have you going ooh and awww. I’ll get to puppies one day for all of you dog lovers soon!
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.