This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, Blog World Expo early bird pricing deadline, ComLuv contest update, and Dude vs. Wild on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- How do you give something back with your blogging – are you helping someone?
- 13 quick tips to write a successful blog post – from determining your goals to a call to action, this covers what you need for great content!
- 5 essential pages every blog needs – if you don’t have them, you might want to start adding them!
- 5 reasons your blog isn’t growing – some things to consider changing to help your blog get out of a rut.
- 7 ways to reduce the bounce rate of your blog
Business / Career / Finance
- Great ideas for b2b blogging – if you have a business blog that is in need of inspiration, you’ll find it here!
- Increase sales with laughter – add it to your sales process, and see your sales start going up.
- How to build a profitable online business – a challenge that will help you learn how to build an online business from scratch.
- 7 best invoicing apps for freelancers – or anyone with an online business.
- Online reputation management and monitoring – how to improve your business’ reputation.
- How to discover what’s trending on Facebook – great site review and one to check out to see what is getting shared the most.
- Designing a Facebook fan page – awesome showcase, tutorials, and resources.
- Why Facebook ads suck – the opposite side of the privacy argument.
- Facebook’s face recognition tagging feature signaling photo search? The potential implication of this upcoming technology.
- The single critical factor in successful Facebook advertising – it’s about who knows you.
Humor / Infographics / Inspiration
- Weekly top minimalist website designs for your inspiration – beautiful simplicity.
- How to create a better FAQ page – make it more useful and organized for users.
- 50 examples of drop down navigation menus in web design – awesome navigation options!
- 65 mind blowing photo manipulation art – get inspired by creative Photoshopping.
- Ranking the best SEO infographics – learn more about SEO visually with these great infographics.
- Beginner’s guide to best SEO practices Part 3: link building – third part of a great series on link building.
- How professional SEOs get links – includes the great Google infographic!
- 36 link building news, views, and how to’s – a guide to the best in link building this week.
- Worrying about the competition? What you should really be keeping tabs on.
- Link building with experts – a nice collection of interviews for 2010 from link building experts.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 5 important elements of a successful sales landing page – make sure you have these, and you will have a better chance of making conversions.
- Get started making money with Squidoo – tips for increasing earnings with lenses.
- To Paypal or not to Paypal – the pros and cons of this popular Internet payment service.
- How to justify spending investments – the reason you have to spend more to earn more.
- Consolidating your online marketing base – how to determine what to keep up and what to cut down on to make online marketing more efficient and effective.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- 25 amazing truth quotes to remind you why honesty is the best policy – a little motivator toward doing the right thing every time.
- 7 ways to implement getting things done in your life – 7 methods to look at before making a decision.
- Milestones, accountability, and personal life challenge – a great example of how to look at milestones and setting goals in different areas of your life.
- The greatest piece of self development advice – the winning piece of advice plus 3 runners up.
- Are you a valid person? Can you live without validation, and if not, where do you find it?
Photography / Digital Art
- 25 examples of high speed photography – great shots!
- 45 funny examples of photography in print ads – not all of it is funny, but it is definitely creative.
- Image characteristics of iPhone photos – some expert analysis of noise, colour reproduction, and more.
- Summer is here – pictures of summertime.
- 40 amazing dual screen desktop wallpapers – highly detailed photos for your screens.
Search Engines / SEO / Statistics
- Over 50 free SEO tools and much more using SEO techniques – a beginners guide to SEO plus a lot of great tools!
- Improving SEO: the three t’s for stronger optimization – important tweaking, testing, and tracking methods.
- New insights on the Googlebot – interesting statistics on the speed of crawlers, impact of sitemaps, and more.
- What it takes to be a top 100 website – guess how many visitors it takes?
- Why people hate ads and love SEO – I love the the phrase “Good SEO is invisible.”
Social Media / Social Networking
- Top 6 social media mistakes and how to fix them – if your social media campaign isn’t getting results, check out this list to see if there is something you can improve.
- How to get a story to the front page of Digg – the path to becoming a power Digger.
- How to write a killer LinkedIn summary – make the best of your LinkedIn profile with a great summary (plus 12 great ways to use LinkedIn today).
- 52 cool facts about social media – covers Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogging.
- You can’t automate social media – some examples and reasons why you should take a more hands on approach to your social networking.
Tech / Tools / Tips
- How to choose the right social media monitoring tools – good questions to ask yourself plus service comparisons.
- 7 free software applications for bloggers and web surfers – a nice collection that everyone should find something useful.
- Support for Windows XP service pack 2 ends – time to upgrade if you haven’t already gone to Vista or Windows 7.
- How to control self hosted email via Gmail – integrating your emails in one place.
- 30 useful iPad business and presentation applications – great collection!
- 5 free SEO tools you need to know – late addition – great free tools to evaluate important elements of your website.
- Top 10 Twitter tutorials on Youtube – great way to learn about the basics of Twitter.
- Huge collection of free Twitter icons – great way to add your Twitter to your website.
- 10 things people need to stop tweeting about – sharing a favorite infographic from The Oatmeal.
- The 20 craziest things you can do on Twitter – did you know you can befriend lactating cows?
- How I got 253 retweets on 5 posts – a simple four step plan for getting more retweets.
- 7 essential WordPress security tips – it’s always good to keep these in mind to keep your site safe.
- 14 WordPress plugins for Facebook – all compatible with WP 3.0.
- Does using WordPress tags help you rank better on Google search? Part of an interesting Google Mythbuster series.
- Google Analytics for WordPress version 4 – what’s new!
- Feedburner sucks – alternatives to broadcasting new blog posts.
Blog World Expo 2010 – Early Bird Pricing Deadline on July 15th
Just a friendly reminder for anyone who is thinking about going to the Blog World Expo in Vegas on October 14 – 16th that early bird pricing ends on Thursday, July 15th. After next Thursday, pricing goes from $300 – $600 to $395 – $895.
A tentative schedule should be up by then, but the official topic selections won’t be made until the end of July. Here is last year’s schedule so you can get a feel for what they have to offer. And remember, it’s only partly about the education – the best part of the conference will be the networking! So get your tickets soon!
Famous Bloggers / ComLuv Contest Extended
If you haven’t entered, you still haven’t missed out. The deadline for accepting entries has been extended until Tuesday, July 13th. Learn more about why you should enter and what your odds are of winning!
Dude vs. Wild
An amusing spoof of the popular Man vs. Wild show.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.