This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 11 Tips You Can Use Today to Develop Outstanding Content for Your Blog – How do you create incredible content that attracts hundreds of comments and shares? How do you keep people coming back to read everything you publish?
- Writers Block: Kick It In The Bum Bum And Get More Writing Done Done – Every blogger runs into writers block from time to time. Use mindmapping and inspiration to ensure you never run out of blog post ideas.
- Attention Writers: This Is How You Build A List – If you don’t have a list, it’s time to start one. Even if you don’t have a product right now, you will someday. There’s no time like the present to put that opt-in box in the upper right-hand corner of your blog.
- Do You Optimize Your Title Tags for Twitter – How to make your title tags retweet-friendly, encourage Twitter comments and make it to Twitter friends.
- 67 Elegant, Effective and FREE Website Graphics for Serious Online Publishers – 67 stunning icons, banners, backgrounds, and buttons waiting for you to download and put to use on your site, right now.
Business / Career
- How to Go From Making $32 an Hour to $115,000 an Hour – A Frame is the underlying structure and/or beliefs that shape and form others’ perceptions about you or your organization. Find out why it is important, and how you can build a better one.
- 82 Reasons to Quit Your Job, and Become Location Independent – Tired of putting a smile on for work? Here are 82 reasons to quit.
- 12 Most Surprising Leadership Lessons Learned from Playing Angry Birds – The Angry Birds game has been a hit in apps stores around the blog. However, did you know you could learn leadership lessons from it? Yep!
- How to Monetize an Affiliate Niche Site – How do you make money with a niche site? In this post, the author talks about how to find a topic that’s profitable and targeting niches where you can offer a catalog of affiliate marketing products.
- The Ugly Truth Google Panda Exposed About Your Business – Anytime your traffic and business model is largely dependent upon one site you have absolutely no control over, you are playing with fire.
Personal Development / Productivity
- What Does Success Mean to You – Success is one of those concepts that we all understand, and yet, in reality it means something different to each individual.
- 61 Tips to Help You Live the Good Life – We can all begin to make both internal and external changes. The author’s emphasis is on the internal changes involved in living a good life.
- Stuck? 25 Questions That Will Help You Find and Follow Your Passion – Are you confused? Do you want to find or follow your passion? If so, the simple questions in this article will help you, fast. Step right in and enjoy.
- 4 Life-Sucking Sayings to Avoid Like the Plague – Some sayings that we unthinkingly accept as true can undermine our hopes for a fulfilling life of growth and opportunity and joy.
- Are You Living Your Own Dream or Someone Else’s – Some people drift through life without a plan. Others end up living someone else’s dream. You can avoid this unfortunate end by answering these three questions.
Search Engines / SEO
- Why Aren’t You Using Twitter To Build Links – Some of you out there might already be wise to advanced search queries on Twitter but for those of you that are not, here is how you can leverage Twitter for guest posts, contests and other linking strategies.
- Link Building Strategies for Smaller Brands in a Competitive Space – How you can size up your links when you’re in a highly-competitive space.
- SEO for CEOs: A Simple Blueprint to Optimize Your Site for Search – This post is a kind of “SEO starter kit.” Use the tools and template herein to delegate the important tasks to your team.
- How To Devise A Psychology Based SEO Strategy – At its core, SEO is merely applied psychology that integrates with other elements like economics, search engine function, Web analytics and website architecture.
- Authority vs. Popularity in Search Engine Rankings – A couple of Microsoft patent filings describe how Bing might use authority scores to rerank search results in some cases in the future.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Is Klout Using Our Family to Violate Our Privacy – More than you should care about your recent Klout score drop is the violation of privacy that is happening in relation to Klout & Facebook. Chances are you know at least one person that wants to remain anonymous online – this is something that will affect them if they are interacting on your public Facebook profile. Additional details at The Realtime Report and All Facebook.
- How to Successfully Outsource Social Media for Your Business – Businesses can instead find outside experts to help them run their social media. The question is, how can you do it in a way that will not harm your brand and ensure that it is truly successful?
- How to Use LinkedIn to Create Unique Opportunities for Your Blog Business – Why it is smart and even profitable to have a professional presence and engagement on LinkedIn.
- 17 Twitter Marketing Tips From the Pros – How to improve your Twitter marketing: follow these hot Twitter tips from the pros to get the most our of your Twitter networking.
- Track Social Media Interaction with Google Analytics – This article explains using step-by-step instructions how to Track Social Media Interactions in Google Analytics.
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo came from my first canyoneering adventure in Minnow Canyon. My husband was the official photographer, and I couldn’t resist sneaking in this pic of him on the job! You can see more pictures from the trip (including some of me hanging off the side of a canyon wall) on Facebook.
Next Week is Blog World
It’s finally here! Blog World officially kicks off in six days! So how can you prepare for Blog World in the upcoming days?
- You can still register using this link and my discount code KIKOLANI20 for 20% off any pass type, including everything from expo-only passes to the virtual ticket for all session recordings.
- You can make plans using the official session schedule and party list.
- You can see who else is going on Facebook, Plancast, and the Blog World Expo Attendee List conveniently organized by location.
- You can start making plans to meetup with your favorite bloggers via Twitter, email, Facebook, etc.
- You can create a Twitter list of the people you want to meet so you can see where they are throughout the day.
- You can finalize your packing & shopping list for everything from great outfits to comfy shoes!
- You can let me know you’re going in the comments!
You can also check out my other Blog World related posts including getting ready for your first Blog World Expo that I wrote last year, 5 tips for preparing for Blog World, and of course, why I’m attending which highlights my favorite experiences from last year’s expo.
Get Ready for BlogWorld LA
In case the above and #bwela tweets haven’t hyped you up enough, check out this video and get excited!