This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Bloggers: Win 1 of 10 Trips to The Great Barrier Reef in Queensland Australia – From June 5 to June 10 this year, Tourism Queensland and Darren Rowse will bring ten of what he thinks are the most intriguing bloggers from around the globe to Queensland to meet me and experience the Great Barrier Reef as Queensland Blogger Correspondents.
- The Bloggerâ€™s Guide To YouTube: How To Absolutely Dominate Your Niche With Video Content – Video is in, and YouTube is king, and as bloggers, we need to embrace the coming changes, or risk getting left in the dust.
- 5 Creative Tips to Increase Blog Traffic and Boost Your Business – How t o create the blog content you need to generate traffic, increase leads and sales for your business.
- 21 Things I Did to Get My Blog to Top 10 Status – Here are some surefire strategies to grow your blog.
- The Top 10 Qualities of High-Quality List Posts – Learn what the qualities of the best list posts are so you can replicate it for your business blog.
Business / Career
- Starting Over â€“ What Would You Do Differently – We asked top Marketers and Bloggers this question — If you had to start over and knew then what you know now, what would you do differently?
- The Killer Commute – An infographic on all the ways that your commute to work is bad for your health.
- 63 Free (or Almost Free) Ways to Market Your Business – 63 free (or almost free) marketing tips and tactics that any business on the planet can use big or small to generate publicity, buzz, and awareness on the cheap
- Claiming Copyright Protection for Your E-Book – E-book writers/authors have concerns about copyright violations. I discuss copyright protection, disclosing affiliate links, and ordering information.
- How Pinterest Has Increased Sales For Our Online Store Along With Some Real Numbers To Back It Up – The good news is that Pinterest is the real deal and anyone who has an online store should probably invest some amount of time with the tool.
- Freelance Longevity 101: Forging Great Relationships – In this article, I want to share how you can begin forging great relationships and why they matter more than some one-off social interaction â€“ itâ€™s about long-term success.
- 7 Ways a Freelance Writer Can Create Retirement Income – Do you worry about whether you’ll ever be able to retire from freelance writing? Here are seven ways you can prepare to quit and enjoy your golden years.
- Manage Your Time Effectively Using the â€œFour Listâ€ Method – Freelancers are busy people. Thereâ€™s no doubt about it. Thatâ€™s why today Iâ€™m going to share a very simple time management To Do list technique that I use myself.
- 8 Things I Learned Analyzing My Yearly Freelance Writing Expenses – Expenses were up and income was down slightly, which hit my bottom line, just one lesson learned from doing my 2012 taxes. What about you?
- 10+ Ways to Get a Better Nightâ€™s Rest – The problems associated with sleeplessness can be severe. They range from overeating to poor driving to irritability. A sleepless freelancer is also more likely to make mistakes in his or her work.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Spring Cleaning from the Inside Out – This year start Spring cleaning from the inside out. You may find that fewer belongings = more freedom. Less mass equals more energy.
- Why You Should Try Yoga Today – Just as button mashing will only advance your character so far before timing and dexterity is needed to advance, will power and endurance can only take you so far along the path to true fitness before muscle control is required.
- Trading in Your Insecurity and Doubt for Self-Confidence: 8 Starter Tips – You can awaken your giant within and these 8 starter tips may just help nudge him from his slumber, and that alone will be worth your while for a very long time.
- 12 Truths to Tell Yourself After a Mistake or Failure – Failure is a prerequisite for great success.Â If you want to succeed faster, double your rate of failure.
- How to Go From Fear to Freedom, One Step at a Time – What fear is holding you back? Where do you feel incapable? What daunting task can you complete, one step at a time? Read on for action steps that will propel you forward.
Search Engines / SEO
- 5 Things You Should Not Do on Google Places – People tend to violate, consciously and unconsciously, the Google Places quality guidelines more often than you could imagine. Here are 5 of the most common mistakes.
- 10 SEO Reasons to Add Facebook to Your Content Strategy – Learn 10 reasons why your organization needs a Facebook presence to optimize your SEO content strategy.
- 30 Link Building Experts You NEED to Follow -A great list of link building experts that everyone should be following.
- How to Build Links Through Guest Blogging – Hereâ€™s how you can get the most out of guest blogging and link building to drive more traffic to your website.
- 55 Top Tips and Tricks from LinkLove London 2012 – Wordtracker was at LinkLove London last week, and we’ve put together a list of link building tips and tricks picked up from a very practical conference.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report – In our fourth annual social media study, more than 3800 marketers reveal where they focus their social media activities, how much time they invest and what the rewards are. Download for free!
- 25 Timeline Ready Apps for Enhancing Your Facebook Page – Enhance your Facebook Pages with these timeline ready apps. A total of 25 facebook apps to choose from, including BONUS app suggestions to improve fans engagement.
- 101 Best Stores to Follow on Pinterest – After some serious digging around, we came up with a hefty list of 101 Stores Worth Following on Pinterest!
- 7 Ways To Craft A Consistent Social Media Brand – Want to create a consistent social media brand? Be sure to follow these seven tips (plus examples).
- How to Take Control of Your Facebook Privacy – Facebook privacy settings keep changing and itâ€™s time to give yours a tune-up. With all the Timeline changes, you may not have updated your settings or even known where to find your settings!
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo comes from the inside of Upper Antelope Canyon near Page, Arizona.