This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have seen on Google+, retweeted on @kikolani, and read in RSS subscriptions this week. Also, if you’re looking for new hosting, be sure to check out select hosting reviews on sites like hostingreviews.com.
Blogging / Writing
- 7 Ways to Write Epic S*** – Today, Iâ€™d like to share with you 7 different methods that you can use to write epic s***. Add these to your playbook, and never head out to the blogosphere without a gameplan again!
- 3 Strategies that Brought Me 11,710 Subscribers in Six Months [Case Study] – The booster strategies Iâ€™m talking about are simple to implement, donâ€™t take much time and effort, and they workâ€”no matter how big or small your blog may be.
- 50 Blogging Ideas to Steal and Take Credit For This post includes tips on using Google to find posts ideas, plugins, guest posting, security, performance, and more.
- 22 Top Blogging Tools Loved by the Pros – Here are hot blogging tools used today by 22 social media pros.
- Easy Split Testing With Google Content Experiments And WordPress – Step-by-step instructions on how to increase the number of leads and sales you get using Google Content Experiments and a free WordPress plugin.
Business / Career
- 50 Blogging Benefits that Will Change Your Business Forever – The benefits to business that blog can truly be astounding when done right. In fact, here are 50 that may surprise you.
- 10 Stops to Take on the Road to Lead-Generating Landing Pages [INFOGRAPHIC] – Unbounce infographic providing 10 tips for building conversion-optimized landing pages.
- 7 Strategies to Turn Your Boring ABOUT US Page into an Engaging Marketing Machine – Creating a really engaging About page requires a great deal of thought because it is one of the most visited pages on your website. Once you can truly articulate what it is that you do in a way that enthralls others you will find that people clamor to work with you or buy from you.
- 23 Seldom Revealed Truths about Network Marketing – Looking for some real truths about network marketing? Tired of the hype and the half truths? Feeling cynical and misled? Here you go.
- Small Business + Small Marketing = Really Big Losses – Small marketing isnâ€™t just incomplete â€“ in the absence of proper â€œbig marketingâ€, it is completely meaninglessâ€¦ kind of like a chef arguing about the merits of this or that ingredient, without ever mentioning the recipe or the diner!
- 7 Ways Freelance Writers Can Write More Efficiently – Practice is certainly one of the secrets to writing productivity â€“ the more you write the better youâ€™ll get at it. Here are some other ways you can get lots of writing done:
- 25+ Professional Resources for Getting Your Book Published – These and many more questions on book publishing have professional answers, provided by published authors and experienced agents, found in these professional resources.
- 5 Economic Trends that Affect Freelancers – In this post, Iâ€™ll list five economic trends as they relate to your freelancing business.
- Why Freelancing is a Great Way of Leaving Work Behind – In this first ever interview on Leaving Work Behind, you are going to learn how to build a sizable client base in a short time, how to make $150 an hour as a freelance writer, and more.
- Why Now Is The Best Time To Go Into Business For Yourself – Farnoosh Brock works with people transitioning between exiting the comfort zone of corporate jobs to starting a business around you passion.
Search Engines / SEO
- Why You Need Content, Search, AND Social for Successful Online Marketing – The following are ways that content, search, and social play vital roles in the success of each aspect of your online marketing campaign.
- 7 Strategies for Getting .edu Links – Getting links from college websites is tough, but the benefits of .edu links can be huge. Learn 7 strategies for getting .edu links in any industry.
- 5 Rules Every SEO Should Live By – If you follow these rules, youâ€™ll continually do well in the world of SEO.
- 15 Tips to Speed Up Your Website – Any search engine wants to provide users a great user experience, just like Google, and a fast site improves overall site quality and increases user satisfaction
- High Traffic Site, Poor Alexa Rank – While Alexa is never going to reveal all of its secrets, if you know at least the basics of how it works, itâ€™ll give you a greater understanding of why these disparities exist.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 3 Ways to Use Social Media to Improve Your Search Rankings – How to use social media marketing to improve SEO to your website with quality content, backlinks, social sharing buttons, call-to-action and branding.
- 12 Must-Know Tips to Improve Fan Engagement on Your Facebook Page – Effective and practical tips you can apply TODAY to increase fans’ interactions on your Facebook Page. Including examples, tips from (small business) page admins.
- 6 Reasons To Use Buffer to Schedule Your Tweets on Twitter – Find out how Buffer App can make your social updates on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn much simpler to manage.
- Is Influence Moving Prospects From Likes To Buys? [Infographic] – 18% of Social Media users are influenced by their friendâ€™s behavior when they follow and interact with brands.
- 2012 Social Network Analysis Report – As Facebook became the mainstay for many users in late 2009 and into 2010 and continuing into 2011, we see the continued fallout in interest for many other social networks. There are still a few social networks that are growing, year over year, however, such as Tumblr, Reddit and Twitter, to name a few.
Photo of the Week
This week, my husband entered a photo contest at The Open with five of his favorite photos, including the one below from Lower Antelope Canyon. If you’ve enjoyed his images featured in Fetching Fridays, please help him out by visiting his contest portfolio and vote for your favorite images.
To vote, simply log in to their network via Facebook, come back to his portfolio page (sometimes it takes you to the homepage after logging in), and clicking on the heart icon at the top right to like the photo. Any likes are greatly appreciated!
Buttermilk the Dwarf Goat
If you haven’t seen this cute and humorous viral video, you’re in for a treat. Watch Buttermilk hop on and over her friends!