This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content Marketing
- 6 Reasons Why Content is a Must for Online Marketing – Content creation, development, and marketing are an essential part of online marketing. Here are six reasons why!
- How To Use Keyword Research to Optimize Blog Posts – Learn how to easily conduct keyword research to create and optimize great blog posts for your business.
- How Savvy Inbound Marketers Get Results From Guest Blogging – Learn the benefits of guest blogging for inbound links instead of referral traffic to improve your SEO.
- 9 Real-Life Rules For Creating Shareable Content – Here are nine reasons people share in real life, and some tips for using those sharing impulses to create shareable online content
- My Blog Made Over 2 Million Dollars in Sales: Howâ€™s that for ROI – Some people say blogs donâ€™t have a strong ROI. Those people are clueless. Hereâ€™s why.
Business / Career
- Is Business Blogging Dying? The Research Says Yes, I Say No. Hereâ€™s Why – While the research says business blogging is on the decline in 2011, I believe there are still many powerful ways that businesses can leverage a business blog!
- Viral Content Ideas for Boring Industries – In this post, Iâ€™ll share other content types that might help attract visitors, links as well as fascinated customers to a business, particularly to the ones who think that their niche is not that interesting, to which content marketing and link baiting may not be as feasible if compared to other industries that have larger market.
- 7 Characteristics of Compelling Calls to Action – 7 most common characteristics that can be found in calls to action that guide the user towards your designated business goal. The characteristics listed below can be applied to any site in any vertical; you just have to know what your goal is.
- 5 Content Marketing Assets You Forgot You Had – Great content marketing and brand storytelling doesn’t have to be an arduous, from scratch process. Stanford Smith of Pushing Social finds 5 content marketing sources at your fingertips.
- Designing A Mobile Optimized Ecommerce Website â€“ The Tradeoffs That Webmasters Must Make – Knowing the best design practices for creating a mobile optimized site is all fine and good, but implementation is the hard part.
- Dealing With Procrastination – Catching yourself in the act of procrastination is the first step in getting past it. Here are some of Fast Company’s tips.
- How to Eat Your Way to Freelance Success – Do you want a successful career as a freelance writer? Then you must be very careful about what food you put in your body.
- The 15-Step Freelance Writersâ€™ Guide to Writing for Magazines – The vast majority of writers who try to query or submit articles to magazines get nowhere. How can you get your articles published in magazines? Here is my 15-step guide.
- Freelancersâ€™ Guide to Balancing Work and Life – Balancing work and life is very important, and it is necessary to manage both sides perfectly to ensure success in the professional world. Although it sounds simple, managing both sides can be very difficult at times. This is more difficult for freelancers because they need to manage their own time between work and life.
- Outsourcing: Friend or Foe – Outsourcing can be both a friend and a foe to freelancers. When itâ€™s done right, itâ€™s a real time saver; when itâ€™s not, itâ€™s a thorn in your side, if youâ€™ll forgive the clichÃ©. I know what Iâ€™m talking about because Iâ€™ve been on both sides of the equation, taking outsourced work from other people and outsourcing work of my own. There are lots of lessons Iâ€™ve learned on how to do it right.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 12 Things You Should Be Able to Say About Yourself – You know youâ€™re on the right track when you can repeat each of the following headlines to yourself, honestly. And if you canâ€™t, this list gives you something positive to work on.
- How Tony Robbins Plans His Week – Five years ago I learned how Tony Robbins plans his weeks. Since then I’ve used this exact process every Monday. It’s made all the difference.
- The Two Types of Procrastinators: Tomorrow, and… – The two most common types of procrastination, what causes you to procrastinate, and a solution!
- The Success Mentality – R.C. Thornton writes a great post for CYT on how to adopt and make habit of a success mentality.
- Stop Apologizing for Your Crazy Wild Eyed Dreams – Itâ€™s time start marching to the beat of your own drum. Bang it so loud that people think thereâ€™s a parade going on.
Search Engines / SEO
- Winners and Losers from Google’s Latest Webspam Update – On Tuesday, Google rolled out a new search algorithm it says should better prevent webspam from polluting its search results. Who won and who lost?
- A Marketer’s Guide to Optimizing Images for Google Search – Learn the best practices for optimizing your images and visual content for SEO.
- 7 Ways Links Cause Search Rank Changes – Before you pursue the time consuming process of cleaning up “bad” links, it pays to understand a variety of potential reasons your site might have dropped in the rankings in the first place. Not all rankings drops have to do with your site’s links.
- Overcoming â€œNot Providedâ€ Keywords – Learn how to get back your lost data through these alternative data collection techniques from Marty Weintraub and Alan Bleiweiss.
- Auditing Your Link Building Portfolio BEFORE Googleâ€™s Over-Optimization Penalty Hits – To review these six flags, youâ€™re going to want to look at your OpenSiteExplorer.org link data. Once your data has loaded, review the following steps, as they are the most used, manipulated and abused.
Social Media / Social Networking
- A Look Inside LinkedIn Premium Account Features – Whenever people write about LinkedIn, they mostly focus on the free features of the networks and say that those are all you need. And for most people, a free account will get you great results. But if youâ€™re looking for more, then here are some things you will get with a LinkedIn Premium Account.
- ROI in Social Media: How Important is it to be Everywhere – When you first start getting interested in blogging, online marketing and social media you feel like you need to be everywhere. So at some point you have to ask a very interesting question: how important is it to be everywhere?
- 9 Tweet Types For Your Twitter Strategy – To help those that may be stuck, below are nine types of tweets to try and incorporate into your Twitter strategy. If you donâ€™t know where to start, start here.
- What Your Klout Score Really Means – Your Klout score is gaining in importance: A high one might bring perks, but a low one could dash your career dreams.
- 27 LinkedIn Social Media Marketing Tactics – We have broken down the tactics and features into free and paid categories that businesses (or their advocates) can use to promote their brands, products, and services.