This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Don’t listen to anybody: the weirdest advice you will ever get about promoting your blog – what one successful blogger didn’t do to get his blog to where it is today.
- Edit old blog posts to boost search engine optimization and traffic – great tips to ensure your older posts are continuing to help your blog.
- 15 blogging resources not previously featured on ProBlogger – a great list of tools and resources including hidden gems and old favorites for bloggers.
- How to easily find guest posting opportunities – from what you read to searching on social media.
- Exploring loyalty in the blogosphere – are bloggers transient with their loyalty, or does it depend on the community?
Making Money Online / Marketing / Online Business
- How I made over $100,000 with Adsense – the two good things you need to know in order to succeed with Google Adsense.
- A step by step guide on how to build a profitable niche content website – everything you need to know from brainstorming to monetizing your niche site.
- 7 tips to improve conversions on your membership site – follow these tips to start retaining current members and increasing leads for new membership.
- Addition by subtraction: don’t let bad friends drag you down – how your income happiness, and professional success can be negatively influenced by the wrong people.
- Is your hosting plan huring the bottom line – a look at different ways to optimize your site and hosting so it doesn’t slow down your income flow.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 15 ways to get unstuck and change your life for the better – if you find yourself in a rut, use these tips to start making change.
- What is the greatest benefit of success – how to focus on internal success.
- How to organize ideas worth pursuing – exploring different ways to organize a wealth of ideas.
- 7 things I learned from my 5 year old – sometimes the best wisdom come from the most surprising places.
- Great advice on how to get your perspective back – seven pieces of advice on what it takes to get you back on track.
Search Engines / SEO / Link Building / Analytics
- SEO link analysis pitfalls – how to avoid pitfalls by thinking editorially about links you build.
- How Google instant autocomplete suggestions work – how results may vary based on real searches, location, lagunage, and other factors.
- Notorious SEO: the 10 crack commandments of link building – a different look at link building from the perspective of buying drugs(?).
- Site speed optimization made easy by Google’s Page Speed Online – a tool that will help webmasters optimze their website.
- Is whitehat SEO a joke? A rant about the ethics of search optimization.
Social Media / Social Networking
- Tweet late, email early and don’t forget Saturdays – how to develop a well-timed social media strategy.
- How to add Facebook Questions into your social media strategy – why brands will want to utilize Facebook Questions and what kind of questions should be asked.
- How to visualize your LinkedIn network – a great way to see the number of influential connections you have in what areas.
- 2011 social media marketing industry report – the third annual report on everything you need to understand about using social media for marketing.
- Are Twitter chats part of your social media strategy? What you could achieve in just one chat session and five ways to get results.
For those who may not know, I’m a huge fan of lightning, and this video captures a triple strike in Chicago beautifully, even slowing it down to 1/16th of the speed.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.