This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup and a video to boost your holiday spirit on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Blog post promotion, social sharing, and analytics – a look at what social sharing statistics (numbers of tweets, Facebook likes, etc.) equate to in actual visits to your website.
- The 5 pillars of business blogging succes – planning, content, design, marketing, and engagement.
- 17 places to get jaw-dropping headline ideas – much like this one!
- Why freelance writers should have a specialty niche – applicable to freelancers, writers, and bloggers.
- 10 great posts about guest blogging – plus a list of 11 awesome guest posts on social media, blogging, SEO, and more.
- The recipe for a popular blog post – 27 posts on how to create great content for your blog, and another 15 examples for blogs outside of the social media / blogging niche.
- New Facebook profiles for freelancers – video tutorial on how to get the most out of the new profile design.
- Facebook adds facial recognition for easier tagging – the good news is you can turn it off if you don’t want to be automatically recognized in other people’s photos.
- Just how long will static FBML be supported by Facebook? An important question for those with customized fan pages.
- Facebook Deals: how to setup your first deal – using the new system for offering incentives when customers check in to a business location.
- LinkedIn vs. Facebook for businesses – a look at Facebook pages vs. LinkedIn groups.
- The journey of Amazon – from 1995 when they sold their first book to the Kindle.
- Anatomy of a perfect landing page design – includes 10 tips for creating a landing page and what colors influence viewer’s actions. Ingfographic by Formstack.
- Asthma triggers: includes common allergies and the 10 worst cities for asthma sufferers.
- The blog tree – the world’s first visual depiction of the interrelationship among marketing blogs.
- Social media and CRM – why you can’t ignore social media anymore.
Keyword Research / Link Building
- 6 new SEO tools everyone should check out – for link building, keyword research, SERPs anlysis, and more.
- Building deep links to E-Commerce product pages – a guide to getting some of the toughest links to obtain.
- Keyword and market research with Yahoo Clues – get valuable marketing insight into keywords from the last 30 days including age, gender, income, location, and search flow.
- Tips to improve your B2B link building efforts – content development, building your own blog network, optimizing inbound links, and boosting ROI.
- What link builders aren’t telling you about competitor analysis, getting ahead, and tools.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- An interview with Gideon Shalwick – great 30 minute spot on three ways he makes money online, video blogging, and more.
- 48 online authorities reveal their most unrealistic accomplishments – motivation and inspiration from leaders in making money online, Internet marketing, and more.
- From analysis paralysis to rapid product creator – 5 ways to get past being stuck to creating your first product.
- 5 tips to optimize checkout pages – be sure that people don’t drop out of a sale in the last moments by implementing these tips.
- 19 entrepreneur blogs that will change your life – learn about making money online from the best.
- The utterly incomplete guide to monetizing your blog – 6 ways to monetize your blog through advertising, affiliate marketing, product creation, and more.
Personal Development / Productivity
- Productivity and happiness: why are we so busy? How productivity relates to the American dream, effectiveness, and happiness.
- How to stop interruptions and be more productive – another case against constant email checking, meetings, and more.
- Maintaining your identity in changing times – stability in motion.
- 9 secrets to a winning customer support experience – how to keep calm during what can turn into a very frustrating experience.
- The only consistent secret of success – what is the one thing that successful people do that others don’t?
- 30 extremely beautiful HDR nature photos.
- 2010 in photos: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
- 80 examples of snow photography to freeze your screen.
- 30 electrifying examples of lightning photography.
- Photography tips: 12 elemnts to capture the winning shot.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Google doesn’t love you and other myths – don’t read if you still believe in Santa Claus!
- How Google might turn down the knob on exact match domains – a proper solution.
- Finding answers online: social networks vs. search engines – instant gratification online, peronal connection, online review sites, and humanized search.
- Five new Adwords tools to help you move the needle – the highest impact recent changes and ways to learn more about them.
- The top SEOmoz posts of 2010 – 45 of the top posts based on thumbs up, comments, retweets, pageviews, and more. Great way to see what SEO news was popular this year!
Social Media / Social Networking
- 6 social media success metrics you need to track – includes the most important social media and SEO numbers you need to know about your website.
- How to implement a winning social media function in your organization – four phases critical to social media success and 20 steps necessary for a successful social media function.
- How to add video to a LinkedIn profile – step by step video tutorial.
- The difference between friends, fans, and followers – a look at the difference in social consumers.
- 101 social media stats to make your spirits bright and your head spin – daily life of web users, sources of info users trust, and more.
- Why Twitter can work for business and how to make it work for you – 4 great tips to being successful on Twitter.
- Stop talking about yourself and start talking as yourself – because no one wants to hear you talk about yourself all day.
- 11 tweeters tweeting – eleven great Twitter related posts tweeted this year.
- Establishing authority in 140 characters or less – how to keep your eye on the goal when it comes to tweets.
- Social authority meets search: measuring influence – the top Twitter profiles by number of followers, retweets, and page authority.
- How to make your WordPress blog load faster – 7 tips on ways to improve your site speed.
- How to harden your WordPress security – great tips to make sure your site stays secure plus plugin suggestions.
- WordPress plugin GASP – a simple spam crushing plugin – one way to control the increase of automated spam.
- Not a fan of WordPress? Check out the most recommended alternatives for bloggers – for both free and self-hosted domains.
- 11 must have WordPress plugins for your home based business – great plugins for monetizing and bringing traffic to your site.
Vote for Your Favorite Social Media Blog
It’s that time again. Social Media Examiner is asking for nominations of your favorite social media blog for their second annual top 10 list.
I had no idea about it until after I was nominated last year, and was psyched to make it in the top 10 social media blogs of 2010 list.
So be sure to stop by and nominate your favorite social media blog before January 5th. Your favorite blogger will be much appreciative!
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of Delicious. There are so many ways to use it, including for WordPress integration, for integration with your Feedburner feeds, and even for link building.
So needless to say, hearing that Yahoo has put Delicious on their “sunset” list (along with MyBlogLog, another favorite of bloggers) is really making me sad. I don’t want alternatives. I want my Delicious!
UPDATE: Here’s a new post with a list of 122 social bookmarking networks!
If you want to help campaign for Delicious, be sure to tweet reasons why you love Delicious @Yahoo and @YahooNews with the #SaveDelicious hashtag! Not sure what to say? Just click on the tweet below!
Some Christmas Spirit
I don’t think there are many other things more adorable (besides baby animals) than the Forever Friends bears. Enjoy this adorable video to boost your holiday spirit for next week!