This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
New LinkedIn Group for Blog Marketing Strategies
Before we get started, I’d like to announce a new group on LinkedIn. Blog Marketing Strategies is for business, personal, and professional bloggers to discuss content, search, and social media marketing. Be sure to join today and start a conversation!
This Week on Kikolani
- How to Contact Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Other Social Networks – The following are links to the contact information for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, and Reddit.
- 5 Tips for the New Facebook Timeline for Personal Profiles – Find out what the new Facebook timeline for personal profiles looks like and how you can use it to promote your Facebook page and business.
Blogging / Content
- 27 Wacky Ways to Beat Writerâ€™s Block – Beating writer’s block isn’t about discipline – it’s about loosening up, having fun, going a bit crazy. Here are 27 wacky ways to shake up your inner muse.
- The Definitive Guide to Setting Up and Marketing a Podcast to Help Grow Your Blog – If youâ€™re still with me at this point, Iâ€™ll assume that youâ€™re rarinâ€™ to start your own podcast. But, let me tell you now that, just like setting up a blog for the first time, itâ€™s going to take some planning and preparation to get your podcast out there in the right way.
- 19 Warning Signs Your Infographic Stinks – Weâ€™ve collected the 19 most common mistakes that make infographics lackluster, neglected, and miserable. Avoid these mistakes and you have a good chance of making your infographic popular.
- 21 Powerful List Building Tips Rich Man and Poor Man Style – 20 plus killer list building tips on how to build a list rich man/poor man style â€“ easy ways to get your list growing much faster.
- The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging – Backlinkoâ€™s compete guide to guest blogging. Youâ€™ll learn how to find targets, warm them up and get your guest post published.
Business / Career
- Global Survey Shows Influence Marketing Seen as Lead Generation Tool, Not a Branding Exercise – A recent global survey of over 1,300 professionals shows influence marketing is less about brand awareness and more about lead generation.
- How to Get Paid What Youâ€™re Worth – The secret to earning more for your work.
- 12 Posts To Perfect Your Customer Testimonials – Customer testimonials can set you apart from competitors & reassure new buyers. Here are 12 posts to make your customer testimonials more effective.
- Five Creative Uses for Google Alerts – Google Alerts is one of Google’s hidden gems. It’s a really powerful tool to keep track of trends, interesting topics, or anything really new that appears on the web. If you’re not using it already, here are a few creative ways to get started with it.
- Blackhat CRO: The Dark Side of Conversion Rate Optimisation – To carry out blackhat CRO you need to understand the main principles and techniques of CRO, then fake them.
Search Engines / SEO
- The Second Most Creative Link Building Post Ever – I asked a group of ~50 SEOs one simple question: â€œWhat was the most creative way you, or someone you know, got a link?â€
- The Difference Between Penguin and an Unnatural Links Penalty (and some info on Panda too) – Are you confused about the difference between Penguin and an Unnatural Links penalty? Not sure whether you should be disavowing your links? Wondering whether you should file for reconsideration? Well…you’re not alone!
- 80/20 Link Building Tactics – Several link building activities that donâ€™t necessarily need lots of efforts but can certainly help impact your business goals.
- How to Create the Best Landing Pages for Your Google AdWords Account – Learn nine guidelines for creating high-quality PPC landing pages that will drive more conversions through your AdWords account.
- The 68 Most Authoritative Search Marketing Blogs In One Custom Search Engine – When I started to explore web marketing I used to track some major blogs like Search Engine Land, Search Engine Journal, Bruce Clay, and Social Media Examiner. As time went on I discovered more blogs and it became harder to track all these blogs. That’s why a custom-built search engine is more efficient.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The 2013 Twitter Marketing Guide – Are you ready to immerse yourself and your business in Twitter this year? Are you a Twitter user who hasnâ€™t caught up with the latest updates and tools for Twitter?
- Who Is More Likely To See Your Posts On the Facebook News Feed? [Infographic] – Understanding how Facebook EdgeRank directly affects who sees your content on the News Feed based on personal interaction and network reaction.
- Everything You Need to Know to Promote Your Business with Facebook Offers – Learn how to use Facebook Offers to promote anything – discounts, coupons, sales, free reports, ebooks, webinars, and more – in-store and online.
- The 6,528 Word Guide to Choosing Your Main Social Media Battleground – In this post Iâ€™m going to talk about my own thoughts on this matter as well as sharing a few interesting facts and figures about where you might want to spend your social media time.
- 9 Ways to Become a Better Facebook Community Manager – Discover the 9 tips you need to create a thriving Facebook community and improve your Facebook marketing.
Winners of the ElegantThemes Lifetime Membership Contest
Photo Credit: Eduardo SÃ¡nchez on Flickr
First of all, thank you to Mitch of ElegantThemes for offering three lifetime memberships for this contest! And thank you to everyone who entered! The winners are John Rohozynsky, Ian Humphreys, and Sampath Sam. I will be sending you emails today about the contest.
For those of you who didn’t win but are still interested in using ElegantThemes for your own sites, be sure to check out the ElegantThemes memberships (affiliate link). You can get over 80+ themes for $39 per year which is great deal for beautiful WordPress themes!
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!