This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, freelancing, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
One Week Left for $10 eBooks from ProBloger
Darren Rowse of ProBlogger is celebrating 10 years of blogging by offering his lineup of eBooks at $10 each – this is a savings of 50% to 90% off of the regular prices.
- ProBlogger’s Guide to your First Week of Blogging – This is the perfect eBook if you’re just starting out with blogging. It guides you through your first days of building great content for your new blog including brainstorming techniques, developing a content plan, building a social media presence, setting up a publishing process, and more. This isn’t just about the theory of blogging – it’s 32 actionable tasks that will help you start blogging immediately. This eBook is normally $19.99.
- 31 Days to Build a Better Blog – If you’re just starting out or feel like your blog isn’t getting the results you want, you can use this 31 day guide to transform your blog. By the end of 31 days, you will have published a variety of different types of posts, learned how to come up with new topics, promoted your blog to bring in new readers, developed relationships with other bloggers, developed an editorial calendar, and more. This eBook is normally $29.99.
- The Copywriting Scorecard for Bloggers – The Copywriting Scorecard will teach you how to prepare each blog post for ultimate success, giving you a 63 step checklist that covers writing, scannability, search engine optimization, and grammar. If you do these things before publishing each post, you can ensure your blog posts will be as successful as possible with both readers and search engines – both of which can help you get more visibility for your blog. This eBook is normally $29.99.
- The Blogger’s Guide to Online Marketing – This is probably the best deal of them all. If you want to turn your blog into a business, this eBook is a blueprint of 31 steps to transforming your blog into something profitable. It covers everything: brand audits, understanding your target audience, creating an elevator pitch, focusing your content, building your email list, conducting an SEO audit, building a support team, learning how to monetize, and much, much more. It also includes 21 templates, worksheets, and examples to help you start applying the blueprint immediately. This kit is normally $99.99.
- ProBlogger’s Guide to Blogging for Your Business – Are you blogging for your business? If so, Blogging for Your Business will help you do everything including set up a WordPress blog, conduct keyword research, understand your online competition, build a strong social media footprint, and create a successful business blogging strategy. Each of the 12 chapters end with tasks that you can apply to your business blogging plan. This eBook is normally $49.99.
- Blog Wise: How to Do More With Less – Do you struggle with making time for work, family, and blogging? Well-known bloggers including Darren Rowse, Amy Porterfield, Brian Clark, Heather Armstrong, Leo Babauta, and more share their secrets of organization. After all of the steps, you will also get a simple nine-step program to improve your productivity. You’ll also receive a problem solving guide that covers 21 common productivity problems that most bloggers face. This eBook is normally $19.99.
Don’t miss out on these great savings – be sure to buy the eBooks you want before December 7th to save $10 to $90 per eBook or more if you are purchasing them all!
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- How to Establish the Right Priorities to Grow Your Blog and Profits – You know you have a ton of options when it comes to growing your blog and making more money online. You just don’t have enough hours in the day to implement all of them.
- 10 Ways to Get More Blog Traffic with Social Media Teasers – We have one job. To make our social media teasers irresistible. So much so that people just have to click on the link or retweet it out to their community.
- 42 Content Marketing Ideas for 2013 – In that spirit, below is a pretty diverse list of content marketing ideas you may want to consider executing for next year.
- How Celestine Chua Grew Her Blog to Millions of Monthly Visitors – Celestine Chua’s Personal Excellence blog is one of the most popular personal development blogs online and gets millions of visits every single month. She’s really made a name for herself in the very crowded personal development niche.
- How to Convert Blog Readers Into Customers – What I learned the hard way is that monetizing blogs is much more difficult than building traffic, but I feel that I know have a formula that works well. Here is the formula I use to monetize my blogs.
Business / Career
- 7 Lessons I Learned From My Very First Customer – Do whatever it takes to get in the door plus other valuable business lessons.
- 10 Ways to Use Psychology to Convert More Customers [Infographic] –
- 5 Ways an Introvert Can Build a Thriving Online Audience – How can an introvert capture the hearts, minds, and trust of a responsive audience online? Read on.
- Dealing with Success Envy: How to Shut Up the Inner Ego – How to shut up the inner ego when you are dealing with success envy and jealousy over what others have.
- 5 Website Design Practices To Leave Behind In 2013 – Babar Suleman discusses outdated design trends that no longer work and their modern alternatives.
- 2013 New Year’s Resolutions for Writers – Freelance writer, blogger, and author Jennifer Mattern shares her 2013 New Year’s resolutions for her writing and her business.
- 7 Resources New Freelancers Can Use to Figure Out What to Charge – There are tools and resources out there you can use to get a good idea of what freelancers in your line of work charge. Here are seven of the best types of resources for discovering what freelancers are getting paid.
- 12+ Helpful Productivity Tools for Busy Freelancers – Part of being productive is knowing the right tools to use and using them. That’s why I created this post. In this post, I share over 12 productivity tools that can help you to get more done.
- 8 Things Freelancers Don’t Want to Hear Clients Say & How To Respond – How to respond to clients who make unreasonable demands.
- The First 7 Steps to a Successful Social Media Plan for Writers – Do you want to harness the power of social media to promote your writing? Here are seven simple steps how to set up a social media plan for writers.
Search Engines / SEO
- Does Google Hate Small Businesses – Learn some of the ways Google has made life harder — and sometimes, easier — for SMB marketers.
- 5 Tips for Handling (Not Provided) Data – It has been more than a year since Google announced its SSL enhancement. What follows are some thoughts and tips on how to handle the growing lack of data you receive from your organic visits.
- Link Building 101 – The Almost Complete Link Guide (Updated for Post-Penguin) – One thing that hasn’t changed is my view that 80% of positive (and negative) SEO ranking factors still come from external sources – I’m not just talking about links here, but social and citations, also.
- A WordPress Theme Change SEO Checklist – This isn’t a complete walkthrough on technicalities of implementing a new WordPress theme. This is simply a list of SEO-related items one should consider and tick off as they launch their new theme.
- 47 Resources To Carry Your Link Building Through 2013 – Resources for Guest Blogging, Social Media, Blogging / Link Bait, Broken Link Building, Online PR, Competitive Link Building, Giveaways, and Localized Link Building
Social Media / Social Networking
- [How To] Create a Conversion-Oriented Social Ad Campaign – Learn about maximizing ROI from social advertising on the major ad networks: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- 21 Pinterest Tips to Build Your Brand Visibility – Here are 21 vital tips every brand should know in maximizing their brand visibility on Pinterest. Extra tips, resources and examples are available for your reference.
- The 16 Most Important Social Media Updates of 2012 – Read about the biggest social media marketing updates from 2012.
- 75 People You Need to Know in Social Media – 75 People You Need to Know in Social Media as mentioned on the Social Pros podcast, a weekly show that features Real People Doing Real Work in Social Media.
- How to Triple Your YouTube Video Views With Facebook – How to use the Facebook Like Button Plugin to automatically attach videos to the updates shared on Facebook when someone ‘likes’ your content.
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
This week’s top photo comes from Blue Canyon. I personally think it looks like a Schnauzer-shaped rock.
Facebook Law for Idiots
This video may be a little offensive if you did fall for the “post your legal terms as a status update” hoax that went around Facebook this week. It is also a pinch NSFW, but it is otherwise 100% funny.