This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, making money online, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Product Without Pissing Off Your Audience – There are a few different types of content you can use to promote your product without pitching.
- 353+ Blog Post Ideas to Inspire You – Posts that the author has bookmarked over time to refer to when in need of coming up with content inspiration.
- Blog Conversion Rates: How a Few Simple Tweaks can Increase your Blogging Revenue – Want to increase blog conversion rates? Need to generate more income from your blogging revenue? This post shows how a few changes can increase Internet income.
- Why Writers Must Avoid Perfectionism – Avoiding perfectionism as a writer or blogger is a key time-management skill: do a very good job, but know when stop.
- 5 of the Most Engaging Blog Comment Areas – Some of the most engaging comment areas that you will find on a blog and talk about why they work so well.
Business / Career
- Website Changes For Lead Generation: Whatâ€™s Working Now – Thinking of making website changes for lead generation? Find out what’s working to convert today’s visitors into tomorrows customers.
- How to Cut Your Writing Time in Half and Double Your Sales – Every sales letter has the ultimate goal of turning a reader into a buyer. These simple trick not only makes research easy, it greatly increases the odds your buyer will click.
- Create an About Page for Your Blog thatâ€™s a Secret Freelance Sales Weapon – Most freelancer About pages are horrible. Find out why and how to turn your About page into a secret sales weapon.
- HOW TO: Still Use Twitter Search to Track Your Brand Mentions via RSS – All feeds are still working as they had been just removed from the site after the re-design but not deactivated. So the only trick is to find the way to generate those Twitter search RSS feeds and use them.
- Sales Strategies, Business Hustling and More with Grant Cardone – Want to increases sales? Get the best sales strategies with Grant Cardone – The Turn Around King. Learn the best way to increase sales during this interview.
Graphic Design / Web Design
- 25+ Free Unique Business Card PSDs – Today, the author has gathered up a bunch of unique business card PSDs to help you in your design process.
- 30 Best Examples of New Web Interface Design – Below are 30 amazing examples of new web interfaces and how you can jump ahead of the curve in your own designs.
- 5 Services To Convert Websites For Mobile Devices – A list of services that you can use to either convert your website into mobile version, or create it from scratch.
- 12 Best iPad Applications for Designers – The top iPad applications for designers and creatives.
- Conversation Techniques For Designers – The majority of knowledge captured when we design a product is a combination of assets and documentation. Creating a product takes more than just documentation, and much of it is communicated not visually, but verbally.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 18 Radical Ways to Stop Procrastination – If you actually commit to doing something, the inner peace that emerges will only result in more productivity.
- How to Practice the Art of Detached Focus to Achieve Your Goals – What happens if we focus too much on our destination, when the object of our focus becomes our waking thoughts, our daily deliberations and our midnight meditations? Can this intense concentration bring us the results that we desire?
- A Session with Personal Development Coach Tony Teegarden – Get answers to questions such as why people can’t find their purpose, what inspires you to become, and more.
- 30 Truths Iâ€™ve Learned In 30 Years – These are simple lessons about life in general that I picked up while traveling, living in different cities, working for different companies (and myself), and meeting remarkable and unusual people everywhere in between.
- 5 Ways To Turn Fear Into Fuel – Through this work, a collection of patterns, practices and strategies have emerged that not only turbocharge insight, creativity, innovation and problem-solving, but also help ameliorate so much of the suffering so often associated with the pursuit of any creative quest.
Search Engines / SEO
- 18 Considerations To Determine Which Call Tracking Metrics Matter For Your Business – One challenge for online marketers is data overload. Thereâ€™s often so much data that sometimes itâ€™s hard to know which key performance indicators matter. Revenue, leads, clicks, calls, conversions, or revenue . . . what should you pay attention to?
- 7 Google Analytics Advanced Segments I Love (and you should too) – A few of the author’s favorite Google Analytics Advanced Segments for you, so that you can add them to your own Analytics and use them as you need.
- 5 Keyword Research Alternatives for Mobile, News, Social, Image & Video Optimization – Here are a mix of keyword tools and ways to use them in order customize keyword research for the increasing diversity of content types and methods of search.
- Writing Press Releases Effectively for Search Engines is More Than Loading up with Keyword Steroids – Writing press releases for the search engines isn’t all about keyword stuffing. If you want to write a successful release you must learn to think like a journalist.
- 8 Durable SEO Elements – These eight durable elements will withstand the test of time because they are aligned with Googleâ€™s explicit statements and implicit motivations.
Social Media / Social Networking – Facebook Edition
- What I Like About the New Facebook Timeline Profile, Privacy Settings, and News Feed – A post by yours truly about the best parts of the new updates.
- Five Facebook Changes and What You Need to Know – Learn about the recent changes on Facebook: the new Timeline, Ticker, Smart Lists, the Subscribe Button and the now Top Stories and Recent Stories.
- 5 Reasons Why Photographers Will Love the New Facebook Timeline Profile – Have you seen the new Facebook Timeline profile design? If not, here are five reasons to be excited about it as the recent changes put more emphasis on your photography!
- 6 Reasons Why You Should NOT Put All Your Eggs In The Facebook Basket – Many companies and entrepreneurs put all their online efforts into Facebook Pages. Here are 6 reasons why should not make Facebook your online hub.
- Facebook Users Beware: Facebookâ€™s New Feature Could Embarrass You – Facebook is making sharing even easier by automatically sharing what youâ€™re doing on Facebook-connected apps. Instead of having to â€œLikeâ€ something to share it, youâ€™ll just need to click â€œAdd to Timelineâ€ on any website or app, and that app will have permission to share your activity with your Facebook friends.
Photo of the Week
This weekâ€™s top photo was a lucky sighting along a trail by Watson Lake in Prescott. This colorful little guy (or gal) was just hanging out, basking in the glow of the sun!
George Takei Reassures Humanity
As the Facebook changes are driving dread into the hearts of social networkers out there, this message from George Takei should help you take a deep breath and relax!