This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup (a shorter version for this week), the 2010 Facebook Success Summit, and some funky hamsters on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- A content strategy for audience engagement – use this when planning your blog posts, and you will get more interaction.
- 5 ways to skyrocket your blog traffic – simple yet effective ways to get more visitors to your blog.
- Secret Blog Collaboration Group – maybe not so secret, but an exceptional place to meet other bloggers for some serious blog collaboration.
- How to start a blog in a crowded niche – five ways to overcome the overwhelming side of it and get to blogging.
- Why you should drink before blogging – assuming you are not an alcoholic, there are some good reasons here!
Business / Career / Finance
- Why leadership and team building exercises should not be ignored by small businesses – it’s not just Intel that gets great benefits from these – any company should use these today!
- 14 attention grabbing tactics for launching a new business blog – what you need to do to help people find your business’ blog.
- How to use social media to get a job – simple things to do and to avoid if you are job hunting and easily searchable.
- Proper ways businesses should use social media – the responsibilities, time factors, and things to avoid.
- Freelance resources – a list of great freelance blogs, forums, podcasts, job boards, and more.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- 8 personal development lessons to learn from Inception + 5 things Inception taught me – A total of 13 great takeaways from this film.
- How to let your guard down – for those who have put up too many walls, blocking them from happiness.
- Harness the power of your emotional vocabulary – the power of word labels for our feelings.
- 7 steps to emotional mastery – a step by step plan to master your emotions.
- The quickest way to create a new mindset – how experiencing something new can help change you.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- Internet search engine history – learn everything you have ever wanted to know about search engines from the beginning of the Internet to today.
- How to lower your bounce rate using information from Google Analytics – if you are unsure why your traffic, comments, and subscribers don’t add up to a good ratio, start here.
- How to find good keywords for content marketing – getting the right ones will ensure more people will find your content.
- Where to start for niche analysis – great guide for anyone looking to find analyze a niche before diving in.
- Ways to utilize non-Google search engines – covers using Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, and iTunes as alternative search engines.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to measure social media ROI for the complex sale – find out how social media is impacting your bottom line.
- 5 tools to manage social media for the franchise – tools that can help you manage hundreds of social media outlets.
- Ultimate guide to social bookmarking content creation: Digg and StumbleUpon – how to create content that appeals to these different networks.
- 11 mistakes and why social media fails – includes a great infographic!
- Social media strategies you need to know – come share you most effective strategy here, and read what others find useful as well.
- 100 most powerful women on Twitter – great list of female Twitter influencers.
- 75 tools to manage multiple Twitter accounts – you’re bound to find something great here, if you’re not already in love with HootSuite.
- 10 terrific Twitter tips for job seekers – 10 tips on how to prep your Twitter for viewing by job seekers.
- Followers do count – how your following matters in how many other people who follow you are following.
- Discovering who to follow – how to find someone new that you may be interested in.
2010 Facebook Success Summit
In May, I virtually attended the Social Media Success Summit put on by Social Media Examiner, one of the sites I contribute to regularly. I cannot tell you how valuable I found it – even though I wasn’t able to watch many of the seminars live, I was able to use a combination of the video and PDF transcript to gain a wealth of knowledge, which I have stored on my hard drive for future reference.
Social Media Examiner has just announced a summit dedicated to Facebook training beginning on October 5th. You will learn how to master Facebook marketing, empowering you to quickly connect with your customers (or in many of your cases, blog readers) using the #1 social networking platform.
Who’s teaching? Facebook experts such as Mari Smith (22K fans), Brian Solis (8K fans), Darren Rowse (16K fans), Justin Smith of Inside Facebook (10K fans), plus many more will lead sessions on a variety of topics including:
- Building and maintaining loyal Facebook fans
- Creating a presence that helps generate profits
- Leveraging Facebook advertising
- How B2B companies utilize Facebook
- Choosing a strategy
- Advanced promotion
- Building community with Facebook and blogs
If you’re interested in learning more and registering, check out the Facebook Success Summit website. Registration is currently 50% off and can be broken into two payments.
Even if you are unsure of whether you want to attend, make sure to sign up for the mailing list updates to get access to a class by Mari Smith on Optimizing Your Facebook Fan Page for Profits – a $59 value for free!
Kia Soul Hamsters
I saw this before the movie previews – too cute and funky not to share!