This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, first Kikolani newsletter, and tennis street magic on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- 5 blogging activities perfect for summer – is your traffic lower in the summer months? Here are some things to do while everyone else is vacationing!
- How to promote your blog before its launch – ways to build up hype and an early audience, before you publish the content.
- Don’t fall into a negative blogging tailspin – an important lesson about how negativity can result in a loss of credibility.
- Lady Gaga’s 8 point guide to larger than life blogging – apply these trends to your blog to get better results.
- 3 simple ways to repurpose blog posts for blog promotion – article directories, document sharing, and audio.
Business / Career / Finance
- Recommended online store products, services, and tools – huge list of greate resources for online businesses.
- 5 tips on how to create a business website with minimal expenses – how to get great deals on domains, hosting, setup, and sitebuilders.
- Establishing goals for your small business blog – determine what goals you have for your blog before deciding on the content.
- Is what caused the Great Depression happening now? Are we doomed to repeat history? Informative insight plus tips on what to do if you need to survive on less.
- 7 reasons why email still dominates social media – don’t listen to the hype – email is still strong in maintaining relationships!
- How to create your own custom Facebook share URL – super easy and makes sure you get the image you want shared with your pages!
- How to use status tagging successfully on Facebook pages – great way to get your posts noticed on other Pages (tip: when you promote a new blog post on your personal profile, status tag your blog’s fan page to get new fans!)
- How to create a Facebook landing page for your blog – from graphics to FBML to content for new visitors (plus 5 ways to use Facebook for traffic, branding and engagement).
- Beware of Farmville cheats that come with viruses – and how to remove them.
- How to contact Facebook: a directory to 120 contact forms – anything you need to find out from Facebook, you can find out from one of these contact options.
Humor / Infographics / Inspiration
- Understanding women in social media – nice infographic, especially for those looking to market to women socially.
- 50 corporate website examples – great inspiration!
- 10 social media infographics – great visualizations of demographics, involvement, landscape, mobile, and more.
- How Google works – intense infographic.
- LinkedIn by the numbers – infographic of LinkedIn usage.
- Infographics on the iPad – late addition – experience viewing infographics on the iPad.
- Comprehensive guide to link building via blog commenting – a guide on how to find related blogs and how not to get moderated.
- What if my competitor’s point spam links to my site? Find out if links can be used as weapons against your site’s SERPs.
- Developing a custom link building campaign – from evaluating your resources to the plan of action
- Matt Cutt says don’t use nofollow for internal links – EVER. I’m surprised, but lots of people really do. It is the definition of PageRank sculpting.
- Natural link building fails – a case study on how listening to Google’s advice simply doesn’t work.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- What on earth is affiliate marketing? If you don’t know, start here – it’s comprehensive!
- How to price ads – use BuySellAds to research advertising pricing of similar sites.
- Can you really make money blogging? Differences between the average and successful blogger.
- Review of MyLikes as an advertiser – I have heard lots about it from those making some money off of it, so this is a nice perspective of what advertisers experience from their service.
- Use product reviews to increase conversions – great advice for those selling their own products or affiliate products.
Personal Development / Self Improvement
- How to write your personal brand statement – writing 1 – 2 sentencese that answer what you are best at, who is your audience, and how you do it uniquely.
- Are you stressed out? 3 ways to reduce stress and change our perspective.
- The need to reduce information overload – if you’re feeling burned out, maybe you need to evaluate what you spend your time on.
- How to ruin your life in 10 easy steps – or what not to do.
- The cure for creative blocks – leave your desk!
Photography / Digital Art
- 30 examples of tilt-shift photography – I love this technique!
- 50 examples of urban decay photography – decay sounds so bad, yet these photos are so beautiful!
- 10 of America’s most beautiful landmarks – I’ve been to two so far and hope to see all of them eventually.
- 21 amazing cloud photos – the beauty of the sky.
- Travel photography – 10 simple tips to make sure you get the best photos on your vacation.
Search Engines / SEO
- Keyword research for blogging – covers the use of generating keyword ideas with Google Adwords Keyword Tool then analyzing them with Market Samurai and SEOMoz Keyword Difficulty tool – applicable to any website, not just blogs.
- How share alike copyright hurts your SEO and your brand – what happens when your content on other sites ranks higher than your own and other issues with letting others republish your content.
- Beginners guide to SEO best practices part 2 – SEO friendly web development and on-site optimization (don’t miss part 1 on how to approach SEO & keyword research).
- What is PageRank good for anyway? Statistics to judge the value of PageRank.
- 8 greyhat SEO tactics to use at your own discretion – covers paid links, automation, article spinning, and more.
Social Media / Social Networking
- LinkedIn recommendation tips – how to write great, authentic recommendations.
- How to write compelling LinkedIn headlines – the best way to get people’s attention.
- 40 most useful social media and PR posts in June – nice recap of a lot of great posts on social media engagement, Facebook, tools, monitoring, analysis, PR, and more.
- How to manage social media marketing in 10 minutes a day – covering all of the basics of social media activities effeciently and effectively.
- 6 challenges to managing a social web – handling transparency, scale, relationships, and more.
Tech / Tools / Tips
- iPad photo tips and tricks – how to sync photos using your camera, computer, or iPhone, assign photos, and more.
- iPhone 4 – will it blend? Even if you know, it’s still amusing to watch!
- 25 must have free apps for your Mac – essential apps for just about everything.
- Natural productivity using iAdd for iPhone – an app that guides you through the assess, decide, and do process of life management.
- Examining Site Search results in Google Analytics – enable this analytics feature to learn about what people search for when they come to your site.
- Save time with the 2 best Twitter applications – how HootSuite and Tweetdeck can make social networking much less time consuming (so social media doesn’t >kill your blog ).
- 140 things to discover on Twitter – great list of things you can do and discover on Twitter.
- Inside of a banned Twitter account – this is from January, but I saw it tweeted this week and thought it was interesting enough to share for those who missed it.
- Create a custom list of tweets with TwitBlend – search for tweets on a topic, save them in a list, and create a widget to share on your website.
- Should you be syndicating FourSquare to Twitter – the repercussions of tweeting every time you go to Starbucks.
- Ensure you can recover from disaster by backing up WordPress – great reminder so you do not lose all of your hard work.
- 10 useful WordPress security tweaks – now that it’s backed up (see above) be sure it’s protected from malicious hackers!
- 10 missing features in WordPress 3.0 – you would think with all of the requests, these items would be built in already.
- What to expect when upgrading to WordPress 3.0 – what to do, reported bugs, and tips for a hassle free upgrade.
- The WordPress speed challenge – a series of posts to help you make your WordPress blog run faster.
Kikolani’s First Newsletter
On Wednesday, I sent out the first newsletter for Kikolani. Check it out here, and be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on future newsletters, updates, and important information! Also, be sure to take advantage of the free website, blog, or social media profile review. So far, it’s getting nothing but positive response, and it’s personalized just for you!
Tennis Street Magic
In continued celebration of Wimbledon, here is a comemrcial for Head racquets that features Andy Murray doing some interesting shots. Some of these are a little unbelievable, but some I’m sure he can do. Maybe it took a few (hundred) takes, but you be the judge.
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.