This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the resources mashup, Follow Friday recommendations, DoFollow resources, and the week in review on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Here are some of the best articles I have stumbledupon this week.
- Win a custom logo header for your blog
- How seriously do you take blog comments?
- 22 reasons to blog
- From planning to earning
- 20 terrifying horror blogs
- Take responsibility for your blogging
- Natural linking strategy for bloggers
Business / Finance
- 5 mistakes I made when starting my business, and how to avoid them
- Employers use social networking sites to screen job candidates
- 5 exceptions to minimum wage
- The ultimate small business startup guide introduction
Graphic / Web Design
- 40 free icons sets for designers
- 65 popular and professional fonts for creative typography
- Increase web development productivity on IE with DebugBar
- 50 beautiful and creative portfolios
- 25 tutorials and resources for jQuery
- 15 worst user experience design mistakes
Personal Development / Self Improvement / Health
- Learn to cope with early failures
- Why multitasking is more than just inefficient
- Procrastination thumbscrews – know your procrastinating and time wasting weaknesses
- 100 ways to live a better life
- Create powerfully in pictures
- 5 ways to ask for what you want
Photography / Graphic Art / Illustration
- 100 vintage Budweiser ads and posters
- Unusual animal friendships
- 30 PSD’s of outstanding digital paintings
- Visions of earth by National Geographic
- 26 amazing 3d computer graphics
SEO / Tech
- Footer links suck
- Bring your favorite Google services to your Gmail page
- Tech support cheat sheet
- 20 free keyword research tools – comprehensive insight
- Google search results display breadcrumbs
- Google Insight – more languages and forecasting
- 15 useful Gmail sidebar gadgets you won’t find in labs
- Apple funds wild snow leopards
- 5 image bookmarking sites
- French exploding over iPhone
- 24 social media sites offering DoFollow profile links
- Twitter tips and tricks to drive traffic to your sites
- StumbleUpon WTF
- One way to be popular on Twitter
- Have gremlins invaded Twitter?
The Last, but not Least
- 100 sites to learn poetry online
- Uncomfortable movie plot summaries that will offend and amuse you
- Poodle doodles – dogs transformed into pandas, horses and snails
- Movie posters in lego world
- Never feed your pooch table scraps
- A real Bronx tale
Follow Friday Recommendations on Twitter
Here are my Follow Friday recommendations.
- @dofollowinfo for DoFollow resources
- @oneworddotcom of One Word, So Little Time, an interesting writing challenge
Also, if you enjoy this post and my tweets on blogging, social media, photography, and more, be sure to give me a shout out as follows:
RT @kikolani Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup, Follow Friday, & DoFollow Resources > http://bit.ly/18Xn8W
Are you a DoFollow blog owner? Do you want to find DoFollow link building resources? DoFollow Info is a DoFollow blog directory and compendium of DoFollow resources which I will be adding to more and more, including DoFollow social bookmarking sites, DoFollow forums, DoFollow article directories, and how to use them. So if you have a DoFollow blog, come submit your link now – it’s free! If you don’t see a category that suits your site, just suggest a new one. Not sure if your site is DoFollow? Don’t worry, we’ll review it and give you tips on how to make it DoFollow.
Week in Review
This week’s posts have been more on the personal side. I would first like to thank Celes for the mention in last week’s Fetching Friday comments that she missed my non-techie writings. It kind of gave me the reminder that it is ok for me to be non-techie here as well.
My post on Monday was probably the most difficult to form, as it was a tribute to my kitty Merlin that we said goodbye to over the weekend. I have looked at that post every day, sometimes more than once, just to see his face again. We miss him so much.
Yesterday’s post, on the other hand, was quite rewarding. When nice doesn’t cut it is more of a building reaction to life. While I hope to be an overall nice person, and love nice people, it is obvious that nice people get taken advantage of. Not to say being a complaintive grouch all of the time gets you anywhere either, but it’s a matter of finding balance, and not being nice when you deserve something you are not getting.
Let Yourself Feel
Want to be featured in Fetching Friday posts?
Looking for some link love? Articles featured in the resources come primarily from people I interact with in the comments, and on the social networks. So comment away (DoFollow, CommentLuv, and KeywordLuv enabled), and join me on the networks below, and if your article/photo/video catches my eye, it may appear in following Fetching Friday posts.