This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
This Week on Kikolani
- How to Get Testimonials for Your Business or Blog Using Twitter for Social Proof – Want to get testimonials from customers for your business or readers for your blog? Find out how to use Twitter as your source of social proof testimonials.
Blogging / Content
- Google Readerâ€™s Demise is Irrelevant for Blogs – The demise of Google Reader will have no impact on blogs and blogging. If the content is good enough, people will find a way to subscribe via email or otherwise.
- How Quick Sprout Gets 176 Comments Per Blog Post – As of right now Quick Sprout has 62,232 comments, which took place over 353 blog posts. That means the average blog post gets around 176 commentsâ€¦ which is more than most blogs. Here’s how I did it.
- 6 Ways Content Producers Should Adjust to the Latest FTC Disclosure Rules – Donâ€™t worry â€” disclosure doesnâ€™t need to be complicated or take away from your marketing message. However, it does need to be clear, conspicuous, and unavoidable, so that the content you produce communicates transparently with your audience.
- Ask the Content Marketing Know-It-All – Sonia Simone answers your questions about content and online marketing.
- The Marketer’s Go-To Guide for Creating Data-Based Content – Learn how to use data to improve your content strategy.
Business / Career
- Reverse Engineering a Website Redesign for Competitor Research – You donâ€™t want your business to start losing customers because your competitor has upped their game. In this post, weâ€™re going to show what you can learn from analyzing your competitorâ€™s website redesign.
- If Youâ€™re Always Busy, You May Just Be Procrastinating – Here’s the thing: when we’re busy we can easily trick ourselves into thinking that all of that activity means that we’re not procrastinating. We’re busy, sure, but we’re not focused on the things that should really have our attention.
- How To Start Getting Reviews From Your Customers – 52% of people are more likely to purchase if a company has positive reviews. Which is why they are so important and why we’ve written this guide.
- How To Grow Your Email Subscription By 400% – No matter what happens you will always have that list. Itâ€™s a list of people youâ€™ve developed a relationship with. Itâ€™s your direct way of getting in touch with your loyal readers.
- A Stupidly Simple, Yet Powerful Technique Of Keeping Laser-Like Focus On Your Business Goals – The truth is, there ARE a lot of things you could be doing for your online business, and all of it will bring results in one form or another. But, that DOESNâ€™T mean you have to be doing all of it. In fact, trying to do all of it is a sure-fire path to rock bottom.
Search Engines / SEO
- Need A Google Alerts Replacement? Meet Talkwalker – With Google Alerts coming under fire as being broken, an impressive new service has stepped up to appeal to those seeking an alternative: Talkwalker.
- How to Find Anyoneâ€™s Email Using Allmytweets – You could install Rapportive, use Rob Ousbeyâ€™s tool, go searching through Google, or even try guessingâ€¦ But why not just take it directly from the person youâ€™re trying to reach?
- Manual Link Penalties Revoked – Yes you can get your manual link penalties revoked! It just takes a solid approach and due diligence. Find out how three clients got their penalties lifted.
- How To Build Your Own Custom Google Analytics Dashboard – Want to create your own custom Google Analytics dashboard. Sharon Hurley Hall walks you through the process.
- 17+ Must-Read Tips and Tutorials for Improving Your SEO SKills – This is a round-up of some of the best guides and How To’s for understanding the world of SEO and building an SEO-friendly website that Google will love now and into the future.
Social Media / Social Networking
- The Definitive Guide to Online Reputation Management – In this guide, Iâ€™m going to explain the role of online reputation management in todayâ€™s business and media landscape. Companies of every size can benefit from having a clear outline of its main concepts.
- 5 Steps to Facebook Authority – Lauren Vacarello oulines the different ad types on Facebook and walks us through getting started with Facebook advertising.
- 5 Reasons Your Small Business Should Be Using Quora – Small businesses can benefit greatly by actively engaging with the Quora Community. Check out these 5 reasons why.
- 20 Ways Brands Can Prepare For Facebook Changes – While weâ€™re speculating, pontificating and â€“ well, waiting â€“ here are 20 mostly painless, definitely necessary things all brands can do to get a jump start on whatever is on the way. No matter how you feel about Facebook, itâ€™s time to get ready.
- The Essential Cheat Sheet for Social Media Cover Photo Dimensions [+ Pre-Sized Templates] – This handy cheat sheet and templates give you the dimensions for designing optimized cover photos for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Join Me Tonight on Google+
Have questions about guest blogging? Tommy Walker will be hosting Jon Morrow of Copyblogger, Neil Patel of KISSmetrics, and yours truly in a Google+ Hangout tonight, March 29th 8 – 9PM EST. Be sure to RSVP here to let us know you are coming!
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Funny Cute Animals Compilation
Here are clips from some of the best funny and cute animals in 2012!