This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, another great deal from MaxBlogPress, the Women in Business movie winner, and Blog Engage Guest Blogging Contest Part II on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Writing
- Bloggers Adopt-A-Family Christmas giveaway – donate to a worthy cause and get entered to win a full year o fadvertising on WeBlogBetter.
- Are less followers the new more followers? A look at whether numbers really matter when it comes to the size of your blog community or social following, and how engaging with a smaller group is better.
- Building your blog with a killer e-product strategy – from starting with a free product to building your network.
- 9 personal introductions that instantly grab your attention – great ideas for a quick intro line on your blog.
- 17 useful free tools for blogging and fun – free photo sources, screen capture, and graphics tools for your blog, plus a few for fun and relaxation.
- 10 publishing options for your blog – take your content and make it go further!
- Invite email contacts to your fan page with “Tell Your Fans” – an option for admins of new or smaller pages that you can find under the Marketing section of your page’s admin side.
- Facebook drops contest pre-approval – a great opportunity for small businesses!
- Facebook’s success strategy: doing away with monetizing – whatever they do, it certainly works.
- New Facebook tool helps you find long lost friends – if you want to, that is. Nifty system!
- How to enable photo tagging on fan pages – make people want to engage with your page with photo tagging.
- 4 ways to build links without using the same anchor text over and over.
- How to link bait for SEO – a nice guide to link baiting!
- Using up your leftovers: the link building edition – how to use leftover content, contacts, and time.
- Link building with infographics – building content driven links.
- Designing a bullet proof link building campaign – notes from SMX Melbourne.
Making Money Online / Online Marketing
- 13,370 things to consider when using Paypal – making (or planning to make) some serious cash? You might want to read this.
- How to make money on the Internet – first, how NOT to do it, then the right way to do it.
- 8 ways to boost your business with webinars – 8 great tips and resources for conducting a webinar that will bring leads and sales.
- 7 wasy to add testimonials to your blog – this is pretty essential if you want to get more sales.
- Direct email marketing – does it always end in a monthly newsletter, and how to deal with inactive subsribers before they unsubscribe.
Personal Development / Productivity
- 8 habits of highly productive people – you should notice an increase in productivity if you implement these eight strategies.
- The art of positivity and how it saved my life – how one person became a glass is half full kind of guy.
- How to avoid insanity and stay on course – how resisting is counterproductive and ways to keep progressing.
- Do you have the glass wall syndrome – how to continue on a clear path, even if you found the wrong entrance.
- It’s not about what you get out of life – but what you put into it.
Search Engines / SEO / Analytics
- What social signals do Google and Bing really count? What is affecting rankings, and three things that surprisingly are not.
- 9 step SEO checkup using Google Webmaster Tools – how to look for trouble, find duplicates, check relevance, and more.
- 10 must have SEO extensions for Chrome – includes good ones for productivity and URL shortening too.
- How to number Google results in Firefox and Chrome – nice trick if you are trying to figure out your position (especially if you default to 100 results).
- Shake up your SEO with SEO Quake – a nice guide to the best features of SEO Quake.
Social Media / Social Networking
- 6 essential steps for executing your social media strategy – simple yet required steps for any social media marketing plan.
- 8 social media trends impacting businesses – #4 I think is probably the biggest issue.
- 10 elements for a successful social media profile – the 10 things you need to create a great social networking profile and presence in social media.
- Messaging etiquette for social media – it covers sharing, tagging, and LOL speak and includes a cute LOLcat moment at the end.
- Make social sharing simpler with bookmarklets – the best bookmarklets to have on your browser to easily share any page or post on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Digg, and Delicious.
- 9 Twitter tactics – which ones work for you?
- An exercise to get more Twitter followers – three things to try to boost your number of engaged followers.
- New Twitter search tool gives marketers insight into user communities – exciting stuff you can learn using this analytics service.
- Tweetfilter – like Gmail’s filter for Twitter.
- Twitter is more fun and profitable when you follow the right people – a look at the tool TwitterWhistle which aids in helping you find new followers.
- How to attract traffic with this WordPress plugin – get traffic to older posts by automatically tweeting posts in your archives.
- Goodbye Akismet, Hello GASP – a great read on why you should abandon Aksimet to save your great comments and use a super simple alternative to CAPTCHA with the Growmap AntiSpambot Plugin.
- Everything you need to import and display RSS feeds with WordPress – fixes a moderate security issue with author-level user access.
- WordPress 3.0.2 security upgrade – be sure to update to the latest version.
- 11 business card WordPress themes – great for simple portfolio sites .
- 80 fresh, high quality free themes – looking for a new design? This is a good place to start!
MaxBlogPress Holiday Sale Next Week
Did you miss out on the great deal on Black Friday where you can get the 5 MaxPressBlog Products, individually priced at a total of $475, for only $137? If you did, you get a second chance. They are offering this deal one last time for one week starting on December 7th at midnight EST. To recap, here are the products you’re getting:
- Ninja Affiliate – the must have plugin for anyone incorporating affiliate products in their blog. It makes turning ugly afifliate links to better looking domain links, automatically converts text in posts to affiliate links, and keeps track of the click through of each link. Regularly $97.
- Subscriber Magnet – An alternative to popup opt-in forms, this plugin allows you to add opt-in forms to your sidebar, beginning or end of posts, or as a checkbox on your comment form. Regularly $147.
In addition to the above highly recommended plugins, you will get WordPress Wizard (50 step by step tutorials on creating a profitable blog, regularly $97), $365K Blog Traffic Formula (regularly $37), and Daily Traffic Blueprint (regularly $97). So even if you want just the Ninja Affiliate and Subscribers Magnet plugins, it’s still a savings of $107 plus you’ll get the extra goodies. And if you’re interested in all of their products, it’s a savings of $338! The sale ends on December 14th so definitely don’t miss it!
Women in Business 2.0 DVD Winner
First of all, I have to say thank you to all of the amazing people who have shared and commented on the Women in Blogging post from Monday, as well as have joined the Women in Blogging LinkedIn group and signed up for the newsletter.
There were lots of entries for the Women in Business 2.0 Movie, so I compiled them, did some re-ordering, and then ran the Random.org app for a number to correlate with the entry. So the winner of this giveaway was lucky #21, Arie Rich from KMP Blog!
Congratulations! I will email you to get your shipping information.
For everyone else who is still interested in the DVD, I cannot reccomend it more. It has inspirational and motivational stories from 14 successful entreprenurial women, including some of the women listed in my post (Ali Brown, Mari Smith, Denise Wakeman, Erica Douglass, and Kim Doyal).
The best part is that they are offering free bonuses to everyone who orders for a limited period of time, ala 12 Days of Christmas style. So ladies, get your copy today. Or guys, get a copy as a gift for the women you know that have a bright future as an online entrepreneur. I’m sure you won’t regret it!
Blog Engage Guest Posting Contest #2
Blog Engage is running another guest posting contest similar to the last one, from now through January 1st. The sponsors for this contest include the following:
I have my entry title created, but still have to work on writing the post. It should be going live in the next week or two though!