This post is part of a weekly series, Fetching Friday, featuring the best posts of the week in blogging, business, SEO, and social media on kikolani.com.
The Resources Mashup
Blogging / Content
- Seven Ways Writers Can Build Online Authority with Google+ – In the scheme of Author Rank, your Google+ profile is going to be your verifiable identity, and there are several factors that influence your reputation.
- The Power of Podcasting: How to Grow Your Email List, Build Immense Trust and Leverage the Heck Out of Your Brand – Let me share five reasons why you should seriously consider starting a podcast of your own.
- 29 Blogging Business Survival Tips – Advice on revenue generation, networking, social media, time management, and building a business.
- 5 Steps to use Competitive Research as a Foundation for a Successful Content Marketing Strategy – Instead of flying blind, itâ€™s important to perform competitive research in order to search for patterns and commonalities in your industry. This information should give you the hard evidence necessary to create an effective online marketing strategy.
- Beginnerâ€™s Guide to Google AdSense for Publishers – While you wonâ€™t find many mind-blowing, â€œIncrease Your AdSense CPC in Minutes!â€ claims on this page you will hopefully come away having learned something new.
Business / Career
- 20+ Signals That Make Your Business Easier To Find In Local Search Engines – These are signals that tend to be directly related to the phrases input into a search interface. These may seem obvious, but youâ€™d be surprised (or not) how many businesses get these wrong.
- The 100 Blogs You Need in Your Life – Check out the top 100 blogs that can help you quit your job and build a better life.
- How to Generate Leads With Video Marketing – How to use a short, shareable social video at the center of a strategic â€œmini-campaignâ€ to drive opt-ins and grow your list.
- 18 Social & Local Marketing Ideas Based on the Consumer Journey – Looking for 18 simple local and social search strategies that are relatively simple to implement and should help you improve marketing performance? All the ideas below are based around the consumer pathway, a seven-step process which sits at the root of marketing theory.
- 7 Usability Mistakes That Will Kill Your Online Sales – There is a lot of research in the UX (user experience) and eye-tracking space, and today youâ€™re going to get these insightful studies served up in laymenâ€™s terms, allowing you to incorporate their findings into your siteâ€™s design and interface.
Search Engines / SEO
- 10 Types of Links that Really Matter and How to Get Them – In this post, Iâ€™ll be covering the kinds of links that are capable of touching all these 4 points (traffic, conversions, branding and rankings) and the marketing activities and processes that will help you get them.
- The Biggest Mistake Web Analysts Make and How To Avoid It – Discover 5 steps to bring extreme focus to your digital analytics efforts, identify relevant business insights and drive profitable actions.
- Think Before You Link! Defensible Link Building in a Post-Penguin World – Kevin Gibbons outlines his 13-step process to building a market leading defensible link strategy!
- 18 Meta Tags Every Webpage Should Have in 2013 – While Google keeps messing around with our tried and true understanding of the title and meta description they are still the most important meta tags for an SEO to prepare.
- 50+ Essential Google Panda Resources – Looking for a historical timeline of updates? Need help diagnosing a Panda problem? Searching for information on Panda vs. Penguin? Or how about tips to combat Panda? Here are a few great resources you can browse, no matter what Panda information you need.
Social Media / Social Networking
- How to Use Hashtags in Your Social Media Marketing – How to use hashtags in your social media marketing to create successful campaigns and maximize your exposure across all social media channels.
- Social Media ROI: 14 Formulas to Measure Social Media Benefits – Measuring social media ROI can be a daunting task, but not impossible. Check out these handy formulas for calculating tangible social media benefits â€“ advertising, content, leads,research, support, sales, and more!
- New Data Supports the Case for More Twitter Automation – Learn whether marketers should be automating their Twitter presences, based on some new data around the impact of automated tweets.
- The Art of Writing Great Facebook Status Updates – How do you increase your odds of grabbing the attention of those 1 billion users? Well, you need to write great status updates. Hereâ€™s how you can do so.
- 9 Instagram Tools for Businesses – Nine great apps and tools for businesses to manage their Instagram accounts, find images by topic, gain followers, engage with followers, and much more.
Major Updates to Kikolani
As you may have noticed, I have been doing a lot of work on Kikolani lately. And it’s not just the theme. Be sure to stop by on Monday to see upcoming plans for Kikolani plus some other projects I have been working on.
Speaking of new projects, for all of you who are missing the freelancing links usually in Fetching Friday, don’t worry. They’re moving to my new blog for Freelance Blogging. Be sure to check it out the freelancing article roundup starting next Friday!
Share Your Best Blog Posts
Every week on Friday, I start a thread on the Social Media Examiner Blogging Club so members can share their favorite blog post of the week. It’s free to join, so sign up, find today’s best blog post thread, and share your proudest blogging achievement of the week!
Photo of the Week
Since it’s the first Fetching Friday since my maternity leave, I thought it would be fitting to share a snapshot from our newborn photo shoot. Say hello to Lucy! Click on the photo to see a few more pics.
It’s Wedding Crashers meets Google. When I saw this trailer a few weeks back, I knew it had to be a Fetching Friday video choice!